Have a Health & Nutrition Question? Ask the RD!

Options

Replies

• HappyGwen9
    HappyGwen9 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is it ok to track calories while pregnant? If so, how many extra calories should I eat in a day? I’m okay with gaining some extra weight, it’s all part of the process! But I’m worried I’ll use pregnancy as an excuse to way overeat (like I used to) and fall back into old bad habits.
  • LordWindy
    LordWindy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to reduce my cholesterol, specifically my LDL which has just been measured at 5.03 mol/L. What foods should I avoid and what foods should I be encouraged to eat please?
  • onufryknina
    onufryknina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a 70 year old female who has been diagnosed with diverticulosis. I am also a vegetarian and am struggling with a healthy nutrition balance. I find that my nutrition conundrum is affecting my ability to continue with my daily workout.
  • skyvixxen
    skyvixxen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had great success and continue with keto & low carb before I hit menopause I lost the 45 pounds I needed to. I often fast and mostly eat one meal a day because I’m not hungry. Then I had Covid & menopause followed at the tail end, I put 20 pounds back on. Why is is so much harder to lose weight after menopause, what do I need to do? Thank you
  • BradleyCWilliams
    BradleyCWilliams Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are there foods I CAN eat to lower blood pressure? I know the foods I'm not supposed to eat, or eat in moderation, but what CAN I eat to lower blood pressure?
  • psanterre
    psanterre Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 71 years old, in good health and alternate daily between strength training and aerobic exercise. I am frustrated that I regained 15 lbs. that I had lost in a popular diet plan and am wondering if there is a diet plan that addresses age-related changes in nutritional needs.
  • llindz
    llindz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, I have coelics disease and I also have an underactive thyroid ( hashimototos). I limit sugar so don't eat bread, pasta or fruit etc on a regular basis but I am not loosing any weight. I have 4 stone to get rid of. Any ideas?
  • jadenmarie
    jadenmarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How to jumpstart metabolism in mid 60’s female
  • fueledforgod
    fueledforgod Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Healthy ways to up metabolism?
  • GoodEggQuest
    GoodEggQuest Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a gluten free vegan, what should I be eating pre and Post workout?
    I seem to be always going over on my fats and not quite making my protein goals.
  • Tomhen782
    Tomhen782 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Does a detox drink like vinegar, lemon, turmeric play a role in weight loss?
  • laceyda31
    laceyda31 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    As we know food sensitivities can cause bloating and weight gain, what do you recommend for a trusted at home food sensitivity test?
  • chops26
    chops26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, does it matter what window of the day you eat? I work out fasted and then eat around two hours after i've been to the gym - which works for Intermittent Fasting. However, I've also read that not eating immediately after training stresses the body out resulting in fat gain.
  • paulfinch5483
    paulfinch5483 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a type 2 diabetic that tries to control my A1C through diet and exercise. My biggest challenge is how to use carbs effectively to help maintain a low A1C. A previous registered dietician recommended that I eat anywhere from 2-3 servings for breakfast, lunch and dinner. That recommendation makes me reliant on medication. What would be a good recommendation on carb intake (amounts, time of day, type of) for pre-diabetics/type 2 diabetics that are sensitive to carbs. PS. I’m also a amateur runner so that may play a role in the answer.
  • CAMom49
    CAMom49 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 72 and have been eating WFPB for 4 years, minimal added oil, salt, sugar (truly occasionally). Recently diagnosed with diabetes, met with nutritionist. How to lower carb intake when beans are my primary source of protein? I already use a PB protein powder once a day in oatmeal groats for bkfst.
  • mrswhitmore
    mrswhitmore Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    After bariatric surgery about 14 months ago, I have lost over 100 pounds. I am plateauing now, but want to get the loss started again. Any suggestions?
  • mfeesewagner
    mfeesewagner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is a good book for planning meals for a diabetic heart patient who has just had aortic valve replacement and is struggling with managing to eat a low salt diet? Any help is appreciated.
  • dlddundee
    dlddundee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do macros really matter as long as you are in a calorie deficit?
  • skuderer45
    skuderer45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I
    I’m 77 female. Please post some help for doable weight loss. I’m 5’4” and 186. Calories for loss please. Was doing around 1500.
  • buddha46
    buddha46 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When counting calories as listed on-say-93% ground sirloin, with a Foreman grill does fat cookedrun off reduce calories to be counted or are labeled calories already net of expected cooking? Asking for a friend...
This discussion has been closed.