Locker Room Awkwardness

Options
1235»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I don't mind other people being naked- I don't care for the ones that blow dry their hair nakked and walk around flapping bits everywhere- I mean I get it- you don't care- but towels were invented for a reason. But it's their prerogative- it's a locker room.

I work at my gym- so I try not to make a big scene about anything- and be as discrete as possible. I don't want to be standing there in all my nekkidness having a long conversation about a work out- it could be awkward at best or a law suit at worst.

I hate when complete strangers want to talk to me when they are fully nekkid- like- you know- I'm going to be at the front desk or walking about handling work in like 2 minutes- you couldn't handle it then!

mostly I roll in underwear and call it a day. You do whatever you want. I don't care.
  • SeanTheCokay
    Options
    I never shower at the gym.....Its gross.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    And that means these open, military style, showers with skinny little fit girls trotting around like it ain't no thing to be naked. But then again, there are 60+ ladies flopping around their lady parts too like it aint no thing.

How do you know it ain't no thang for them? Don't make assumptions. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    a necessairy evil sometimes.

I do it about once every 2 or 3 months and make sure I have appropriate flip flops- I can't stomach the idea of showering in there in bare feet- I don't understand how people can do it.

<vomit>

this includes you people who work out/swim/shower then walk through the gym in bare feet- it's weird.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Wow, the prudery, not to mention the homophobia! Do the homophobic people *really* suppose that people who are attracted to the same gender 1. Are obsessed with sex all the time in every context, 2. Have no partner preferences and automatically find everyone of the same gender attractive? Do those things apply to you with regard to your gender of choice?

I've never felt that my body was a shameful thing, and changing clothes in a locker room is not sexual. It's absolutely no big deal.
  • Visique
    Visique Posts: 23
    Options
    This reminds me of the movie hall pass when Owen Wilson passes out in the mens locker room hot tub. BAHAHAHA
  • tylerxedge
    tylerxedge Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    No-one is looking at you naked. No-one cares.

Once you come to that realization, self-consciousness fades.

This
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    OH good gravy, don't get me started! My locker room is FULL of modesty minded areas to change & shower. I should NEVER have to see a naked person in my locker room. Yet, there are these 2 women. Well, 3, actually. They are not in good physical shape. . .one is a walking advertisement for squats, lunges, and any other strength training you can imagine. They walk around buck naked. Have conversations buck naked. Seem to think that we all enjoy looking at their lady parts. . . all of their lady parts. Like, bend over to blow dry my hair whilst naked lady parts. Ugh!

I know there will be the occassional butt shot or a boob shot here and there. And frankly I couldn't care less about that. But full on naked is just not my thing. If I wanted to look at naked ladies, I have plenty of options out there to choose from.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I remember when I joined the gym at my heaviest of 325 pounds. I did water aerobics and used a few of weight machines, bikes and treadmill. Especially after water aerobics there would be a herd of ladies in the locker room trying to get showered and changed. At first I would always wait for a bathroom stall to change until I just decided who cares. It wasn't like everyone was standing looking at me. Everyone was pretty much standing facing their lockers and was busy drying off and changing themselves. They weren't looking at me and even if they were oh well.
    Now 140+ pounds lighter with loose and saggy skin, I still don't care. It's just no big deal anymore. I just had to get over myself and then it was all good.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    And that means these open, military style, showers with skinny little fit girls trotting around like it ain't no thing to be naked. But then again, there are 60+ ladies flopping around their lady parts too like it aint no thing.

How do you know it ain't no thang for them? Don't make assumptions. :)

Because when I was skittering away from the mass showering hole one of the girls said "it ain't no thang you see my no-wang"

As for the older ladies, yes I am just assuming they give little effs to being naked (with the casual, slow walks like they are in a park around the lockers while in the nude.)

lol.

But that is true, I'm sure more people feeling just as weirded out as I am but are just going for it???
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    How about an added level of awkwardness where the people at your gym all work for the same company so you see them naked in the locker room and then have to face them as professionals in the same day?

Even when I was at my heaviest, I decided a little naked flesh was no big deal. I was fat and whether I was in my clothes or not, everyone knew I was fat so why try to hide it? I don't go completely nude in front of everyone but undies are just fine.
  • kalyrichmond
    kalyrichmond Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It's not awkward for the other women in the locker room. You only feel awkward since you aren't used to it. If you're really shy just take a large towel (or two) with you to shower. A normal size one for your hair and a large one to wrap around you while you get dressed.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    2. Have no partner preferences and automatically find everyone of the same gender attractive? Do those things apply to you with regard to your gender of choice?

Not homophobic, but yeah, They apply!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just my gym (YMCA), but I have heard/witnessed too many weird things to feel comfortable in the locker room. My boyfriend is security there, so I hear basically everything that goes on.

Men leaving the shower curtain partially open and inviting random men in who are already undressed. "Accidentally" leaving it partially open while doing 'inappropriate things' in the shower. Women looking under stalls. Blatantly touching other females who are undressing to compliment them/say something creepy. One guy would sit naked playing music and casually doing things to himself while watching other men undress.

These people are all banned/kicked out of course, but there seems to be a never-ending supply of them. I just avoid locker rooms everywhere at this point.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    There are gay people everywhere?

Everywhere. One of them bought me a coffee and gave me his number once. So I patted his *kitten*. Seemed fair barter.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    The guys locker rooms are the worst in the morning, because you have old guys with their floppy balls, and ding dong hanging out that they put on everything. Like they will sit there with a towel on their shoulder completely naked while they stand in front of the mirror shaving, and their dangling wrinkled banana and berries are rubbing all over the sink. It's like great I've played sports all my life, and have seen more naked men then most people, but these old guys treat there junk like franks red hot, and put that *kitten* on everything.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    oh, go let it all hang out
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    [Don't flatter yourself, Hun.

Well you haven't seen her naked yet so how can you comment? do you wear really dark sunglasses in the group shower?

So because they like vajayjay they are beasting to check her out? I find it insulting that if I like the same sex I am going to treat the locker room as a candy store.
    [/quote]

Your doing it wrong, because no matter how pretty or ugly a b00b or v@gina is, I'm going to look at it if it is naked in front of me.
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    [Don't flatter yourself, Hun.

Well you haven't seen her naked yet so how can you comment? do you wear really dark sunglasses in the group shower?

So because they like vajayjay they are beasting to check her out? I find it insulting that if I like the same sex I am going to treat the locker room as a candy store.

Your doing it wrong, because no matter how pretty or ugly a b00b or v@gina is, I'm going to look at it if it is naked in front of me.
    [/quote]

Use your peripheral vision......
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The men's locker room at the gym is just as bad. Old men use wall mounted hair dryers for.. well.. very..

..very..

oh god, I'm c.. crying..

awkward... awkward things.

OOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGG!!! That image is going to stuck forever!