What's going on here? Bot?

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    They really need to change the title of that thread and let it fall down the list of newer posts/threads. Leaving it at the top is going to continue this deluge of questions throughout the forums.

Unless that's just another direction the site is going to take. I think we answer the questions just as well, but to invoke these thousands of questions that no one is going to answer seems bad form.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    But is that pre or post menopausal concentration calories? Because we've clearly established in another thread that premenopausal hormonal behaviors are absolutely known and taken into account by their body owners 😹😘

OMG, maybe this is why the chit-chat section exists🤔 🙀🥺🤬🤯

Wait. There are actually non-R-rated threads in Chit Chat? I have had it blocked for years. Maybe I need to give it another chance.

What about calories sleep-walking? I'm sure that one has been covered.

Now for a real question. Why do people have so much trouble logging eggs, pasta and rice? It seems to be a super common issue...maybe I'll ask the dietician. Is today the day she answers??

The "ask the dietician thread" has been locked for new questions.

Anyone notice an amusing trend in her answers?

I've not even looked at those. Don't tell me she's writing: Post in the forums and ask the regular.
  • yirara
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    And perhaps a cheat day is excused if the dog ate my calorie log ….

I wonder how many calories there are in a calorie log? 🤔

Is that like a pecan log?

Far too many, I’m afraid.

Good news! Pecans are zero calories these days!

1g42d80kbakp.png

That's the same as pelicans, right? Thus poultry. Good in a diet. In masses. Perfect.

Btw, I totally veto the carrot cake at 5am motion. Nobody is allowed to interrupt my sleep! :s
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    Carrot cake = vegetables = free = 0 calories.

And, sometimes, I love you guys so much. :)
  • cmriverside
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Ugh, it's depressing, seeing all those posts... Even more depressing is the latest carnivore diet promoting profile, which I just reported since he's just promoting the same 'doctors' in each post. I MISS THE DISAGREE BUTTON 😟😠

I just saw another suspicious new person with some of the same arguments as last week (different topic) - only new username.

The disagree button was way better than what happens without it.

I will be glad to see gifs return....

1AQz.gif
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,204 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Don't forget chocolate!

c13duu6oj6a8.jpg
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    But is that pre or post menopausal concentration calories? Because we've clearly established in another thread that premenopausal hormonal behaviors are absolutely known and taken into account by their body owners 😹😘

OMG, maybe this is why the chit-chat section exists🤔 🙀🥺🤬🤯

Wait. There are actually non-R-rated threads in Chit Chat? I have had it blocked for years. Maybe I need to give it another chance.

What about calories sleep-walking? I'm sure that one has been covered.

Now for a real question. Why do people have so much trouble logging eggs, pasta and rice? It seems to be a super common issue...maybe I'll ask the dietician. Is today the day she answers??

The "ask the dietician thread" has been locked for new questions.

Anyone notice an amusing trend in her answers?

You mean the fact that they aren't really answering the question??
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    I only read a few of her answers (got curious and looked, after the question was raised here). TBH, her answers sounded a lot like the Community's regular answers to me, even included links to some of the regularly-recommended reference/sticky threads here.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,711 Member
    Options

1g42d80kbakp.png

So anything chopped small enough can be chopped to zero calories?

I like that kind of math!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    They really need to change the title of that thread and let it fall down the list of newer posts/threads. Leaving it at the top is going to continue this deluge of questions throughout the forums.

Unless that's just another direction the site is going to take. I think we answer the questions just as well, but to invoke these thousands of questions that no one is going to answer seems bad form.

@cmriverside You all answer the question MUCH BETTER! Don't ever think that your answers aren't read and appreciated by people, even if it's not the OP. I know that whenever I see certain people (yourself, Ann, yirara, PAV...) I always stop and read the post. They are always super informative, well written and helpful. Unless of course you are calling someone out for posting the same question in multiple forums and not listening to any of the advice. Those are my personal favorites. :D

Thanks, DaffyGirl! :wink:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    I only read a few of her answers (got curious and looked, after the question was raised here). TBH, her answers sounded a lot like the Community's regular answers to me, even included links to some of the regularly-recommended reference/sticky threads here.

Yes, at the time I posed the question, over 50% of the answers included links to forum threads. While that percentage has since dropped considerably, I was quite amused at the trend at the time.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

1g42d80kbakp.png

That's the same as pelicans, right? Thus poultry. Good in a diet. In masses. Perfect.

Btw, I totally veto the carrot cake at 5am motion. Nobody is allowed to interrupt my sleep! :s

I was awake, obsessing about the cake. I decided to just eat some already, and go back to sleep :lol:
  • kshama2001
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Interesting story about the carrots - I was buying carrots for Mom. They had to be organic. The only choices were baby carrots or rainbow carrots, and last time they were out of regular organic carrots she got the baby carrots and complained about them until they were gone, which was partially accomplished by giving some to the dog. So this time I got the rainbow carrots, which I find lovely. Mom does not. So I put two yellow ones in the carrot cake and last week made Kick *kitten* Carrot Cookies with purple ones.

p47bf9qkckg8.png
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    The carrots in carrot cake are chopped up, as are the nuts, thus there are no calories.
  • yirara
    Options
    The carrots in carrot cake are chopped up, as are the nuts, thus there are no calories.

I wonder if powdered crisps are a thing.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Wow, just checked out a couple of the pages from the RD's Q/A thread. It's mind-blowing how everybody popped out of the woodwork to ask her something. She did give a lot of valuable information but way too much to read for me. :/ There has got to be a more effective way to have a Q/A forum available like that.
    I found it a positive thing that she actually linked a lot of MFP discussions to questions asked. :) It just goes to show many of you know what you're talking about. :)
  • springlering62
    edited April 2022
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

I wonder if powdered crisps are a thing.

I’m sorry, but you should be drawn and quartered for even suggesting that.

The ultimate weight loss program, drawing and quartering is, btw.
  • springlering62
    Options
    ^^^this is why we need a disagree button
This discussion has been closed.