Hello MyFitnessPal Community! First Time User

Options
Hello All:

One week ago I started to change the way I eat. My plan: eat smaller portions and limit carbohydrates in particular. So far after one week, I do notice a small difference in how I feel--very positive! I plan to try to lose one pound a week for one year, so my plan is to lose approx 50 pounds in one year. I weigh 270 now, and want to get down to 220 as a first goal, and then see if I should or am able to lose more.

Next week: My plan is to add exercise: jog on treadmill and a few weight-lifting exercises. I plan to start with 5 minutes on the treadmill and go up by a minute each time, to reach 30 minute jogging sessions. I also would like to start slow with a few weight-lifting exercises at low weights, and increase weight slowly.

It is good to get this out there so I can go back and see if I am meeting my (pretty do-able) goals, and stay motivated. I feel better already.

Thanks all!

Bert's Guardian

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,320 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a good plan: Gradual, manageable changes in habits can be a good route to go. Wishing you huge success!