Anxiety and Depression

Hello everyone. I deal with anxiety and depression and am curious if anyone had any advice on how to handle it? I get overwhelmed very easily so I am trying to take control over my mental health and physical.
Tagged:

Replies

• ASHBGASH7
    ASHBGASH7 Posts: 1 Member
    Therapy helps a lot, but if you're looking for something free try: anxiety sisters podcast, adult chair podcast, feminist wellness podcast, headspace app (option to pay for more content, but quite a bit is free)
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    What has really helped me has been going for a walk, putting my headphones in and listening to music/podcasts. I try to do this daily when the weather cooperates, but I think it has really helped with my anxiety overall.

Find a nice trail at a park, or better yet, explore different parks! Take photos of nature while you are at it! Get creative! :)
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    I agree, starting with your doctor is a good place to start, there can be so many underlying causes of anxiety and depression, some dietary deficiencies for example. Its certainly something not to struggle with on your own. The pod casts can have their place as can walking in the park or countryside much depends on how hard things are for you.
    Take care, keep safe
  • clayfield0813
    clayfield0813 Posts: 32 Member
    I struggle with depression and anxiety also. I recommend seeing a psychiatrist. Medication can help but is not the answer 100%. I became a believer in Christ about 8 years ago. I have hope and meaning in my life. I graduated with a degree in counseling. God has given me a path to walk. I don’t know if your spiritual, but I have managed to stay out of the hospital. I call it a miracle.
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2022
    I've pretty much lived my whole life with anxiety and depression. Childhood was difficult and probably the culprit to my mental status. Recently, I've been listening to this Youtube channel:

Jessica Heslop - Manifest by Jess
    https://youtube.com/channel/UC6ashd-m9GHYP6wozPCoC8A

I didn't think it would help but it did. You might as well try it. It's free.
  • Chef_Chickpea
    Chef_Chickpea Posts: 11 Member
    Creativity, working out and using wysa app helps me. I've been to therapy and use medication.... having a good support system is really important. Talk to people who you trust.