• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,054 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Barbie Many thanks for the new thread.

🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷
    🌷🌱🌷MAY 2022🌷🌱🌷
    🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷🌱🌷

WOTY: CONSOLIDATE

I did fine in April. Working on Maintenance of the status quo by sticking to my solid habits. Look at it from a slightly different perspective in May.

I am grateful for FRESH STARTS.

So many of us waste our time and energy on feeling guilty about all the things we don’t do that we forget all the small triumphs we have every day.

This month I have decided to be mindful of the positives in my life, and to concentrate on what I HAVE achieved each day.
    DAILY LOG: 1 May:
    👌🏻
    • Mindful meditation
    • Get up: do Wake-up workout
    • Write/post intentions for May
    • Update Habits Journal
    • Weigh/record weight
    • Short walk
    • Herbal tea/supplements
    • Plan/Log food for today
    • Balance macros
    • 30 minute Walking Workout video
    • Shower/dress/breakfast
    • Coffee with DH
    • Prep veg for dinner
    • Household chores
    • Short walk
    • Lunch:
    • Visit to family
    • Make dinner/clear up
    • Watch TV/read/do puzzles
    • Bedtime Yoga

🥳🎉 Cheers to those celebrating.
    Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.
    🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,033 Member
    I walked another twenty minutes so I could fit in a little dinner. I had leftover pork loin.

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,830 Member
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Welcome to may peeps. 63, here I come

Happy Birthday?
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    edited May 2022
    https://moviestowatch.tv/tv/watch-stanley-tucci-searching-for-italy-online-68098
    This is a great series! CNN's Stanley Tucci Searching for Italy, is delightful! Like a travel log thru Italy's foods, along with great scenery. Belisimo!
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,682 Member
    Evening ladies.. lovely day will check in tomorrow.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Welcome to may peeps. 63, here I come

Happy Birthday?

Not yet, this month tho, on the 25th
  • pipcd34
    Stat for the day-

housecleaning etc- 1hr 47min 30sec, vacuum, change sheets = 462c
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Grocery shopping is done for now.😊 I’m looking forward to a bit of quiet time, & maybe TV in a while.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,033 Member
    I decided my next mini-goal is to fit into a pair of green shorts that I have. Hope I can do so by the end of May.

Do you have a mini-goal?

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,935 Member
    https://moviestowatch.tv/tv/watch-stanley-tucci-searching-for-italy-online-68098
    This is a great series! CNN's Stanley Tucci Searching for Italy, is delightful! Like a travel log thru Italy's foods, along with great scenery. Belisimo!
    Rebecca
    Wa

I just saw the commercial for that- will check it out.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,935 Member
    Spent a lot of this weekend cooking after getting great bargains shopping yesterday. Got ground turkey for .99 a pound for Foster Farm. Two packs cooked with taco seasoning for tacos/burritos/nachos/taco salad/chili and then two packs cooked with soy sauce,ginger, garlic, mirin, lemon grass for lettuce wraps or salad topper. Have two packs of turkey burger patties to cook in a little bit after frying up some turkey cutlets(all 99 a pack ) . Have beef ribs in the pressure cooker for dh- he likes them and found two packs marked down so he is happy with that with some rice. I will bake a potato for me(bake a few extra for the next few days).
    Also cooked chicken and cheese enchiladas yesterday(meat wasn't on sale but half the pack from when I made the cashew chicken)- no left overs from either meal which is nice.
    Have Zumba at the new location tomorrow night then we will be trying outside at the park on Wed. We will see how that goes.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Did a Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn DVD then one segment of AM Yoga for your Week DVD. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise. I’ll probably be at work later since I’ll give them extra prep.

Regarding the landscaping in front of our house: the guy is a great guy and does good work – when he gets around to it. Last May I asked him to do the work saying that I didn’t mind waiting until September. He came here in late May, we discussed things, he asked us to remove 3 landscape lights so he could get his equipment in to remove the bushes which we did in June of last year. It wasn’t until October that he removed the bushes. At that time his guys who were trying to chop a stump put holes in a pipe. They did put a tarp around the pipe, but it’s still exposed. In June I’m going to call him to say “do you realize it’s been one year since we’ve removed the landscape lights for you and six months that the pipe has been exposed” unless he does the work in the meantime. Somehow, I doubt it. He was also going to put in a lawn for us, we told him that we needed to put up the “fence” for the Halloween decorations, he told us to put it up, that he’s had good luck installing lawns in November. I told him that the fence stays up until after Christmas. So who knows when/if that lawn is going to be put in. We have other work to be done on the side of the house and I’ve been speaking to another landscaper (he does work for the Green Room and for one of my neighbors), he did come here to see what had to be done. I called him the other day to say how excited I am that he’ll be doing the work and left my number in case he needed to refresh his memory as to what needs to be done. Maybe he’ll get it done before the front of the house is done.

Loki nipped Vince the other day and his hand has swollen. He went to the MD and they prescribed augmentin. It’s still swollen some but he can move it more. BUT now his rib is hurting him. He thinks it’s because he has been doing things with his left hand and that aggravated the rib.

I told you that my Wii died. Well, we put it up on Craigs List, haven’t had any bites so I’m going to suggest that we just donate the board and the other things we have for it. I really don’t want to have that in the house any more. I did finally get him to get rid of the incandescent bulbs we had. He wanted to put them up on Craigs List. I finally convinced him that no one is going to want them, why not just throw them out? He finally did. But he left a bag downstairs so I asked him what it was for, he said that he was going to use it to put light bulbs in but it was too small. Why leave it downstairs, tho? So I brought it up and put it in recycling.

We only bought pictures to go in the downstairs bathroom a year ago. They still aren’t up, but what else is new? I swear, the older he gets the longer it takes for him to get to things. And he doesn’t like me to keep suggesting things that need to be done. Says I’m nagging. My answer is usually “why not just do it and shut me up”

Anne DE – you are amazing, the consistency! Good for you!

Rebecca – to use the sauna at my gym, you still have to make an appointment. What a pain! I many times can’t be sure what time I’ll get there or be done. Wish it was like pre-pandemic where you could use it any time and more than 1 person could use it at a time.

Motherofcats – welcome back!

Helped with the pool, got all the windows on the outside washed since it was cloudy today. I’ll save washing the insides for a day when it’s raining. Then I was even able to clean the grates for my oven. I didn’t think I’d get to that. Right now I’m copying a tape about exercises for the ball. I didn’t realize it was so long

Packed my overnight bag for Iowa and suitcase. Hope I remembered everything. Tomorrow the gal who is going to watch the cats is coming by to find out about the medications and I need to pack my food. I plan to work late (like until 11 or so) so that I can give them extra prep even if it’s for only one day.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
  • Whidislander
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Rebecca
    Wa

I just saw the commercial for that- will check it out.

I have watched 3 episodes so far, thoroughly enjoy him. He was in the movie "Julie & Julia" as Julia Child's husband.💖👍
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn DVD then one segment of AM Yoga for your Week DVD. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise. I’ll probably be at work later since I’ll give them extra prep.

Regarding the landscaping in front of our house: the guy is a great guy and does good work – when he gets around to it. Last May I asked him to do the work saying that I didn’t mind waiting until September. He came here in late May, we discussed things, he asked us to remove 3 landscape lights so he could get his equipment in to remove the bushes which we did in June of last year. It wasn’t until October that he removed the bushes. At that time his guys who were trying to chop a stump put holes in a pipe. They did put a tarp around the pipe, but it’s still exposed. In June I’m going to call him to say “do you realize it’s been one year since we’ve removed the landscape lights for you and six months that the pipe has been exposed” unless he does the work in the meantime. Somehow, I doubt it. He was also going to put in a lawn for us, we told him that we needed to put up the “fence” for the Halloween decorations, he told us to put it up, that he’s had good luck installing lawns in November. I told him that the fence stays up until after Christmas. So who knows when/if that lawn is going to be put in. We have other work to be done on the side of the house and I’ve been speaking to another landscaper (he does work for the Green Room and for one of my neighbors), he did come here to see what had to be done. I called him the other day to say how excited I am that he’ll be doing the work and left my number in case he needed to refresh his memory as to what needs to be done. Maybe he’ll get it done before the front of the house is done.

Loki nipped Vince the other day and his hand has swollen. He went to the MD and they prescribed augmentin. It’s still swollen some but he can move it more. BUT now his rib is hurting him. He thinks it’s because he has been doing things with his left hand and that aggravated the rib.

I told you that my Wii died. Well, we put it up on Craigs List, haven’t had any bites so I’m going to suggest that we just donate the board and the other things we have for it. I really don’t want to have that in the house any more. I did finally get him to get rid of the incandescent bulbs we had. He wanted to put them up on Craigs List. I finally convinced him that no one is going to want them, why not just throw them out? He finally did. But he left a bag downstairs so I asked him what it was for, he said that he was going to use it to put light bulbs in but it was too small. Why leave it downstairs, tho? So I brought it up and put it in recycling.

We only bought pictures to go in the downstairs bathroom a year ago. They still aren’t up, but what else is new? I swear, the older he gets the longer it takes for him to get to things. And he doesn’t like me to keep suggesting things that need to be done. Says I’m nagging. My answer is usually “why not just do it and shut me up”

Anne DE – you are amazing, the consistency! Good for you!

Rebecca – to use the sauna at my gym, you still have to make an appointment. What a pain! I many times can’t be sure what time I’ll get there or be done. Wish it was like pre-pandemic where you could use it any time and more than 1 person could use it at a time.

Motherofcats – welcome back!

Helped with the pool, got all the windows on the outside washed since it was cloudy today. I’ll save washing the insides for a day when it’s raining. Then I was even able to clean the grates for my oven. I didn’t think I’d get to that. Right now I’m copying a tape about exercises for the ball. I didn’t realize it was so long

Packed my overnight bag for Iowa and suitcase. Hope I remembered everything. Tomorrow the gal who is going to watch the cats is coming by to find out about the medications and I need to pack my food. I plan to work late (like until 11 or so) so that I can give them extra prep even if it’s for only one day.

Michele NC

Oh that seems a bit cumbersome! I will see tomorrow, if there's any other stipulations husband didn't tell me about. I am bringing my suit and not "offending" anyone going naked, even though its in the women's locker room.🙃😁
    Rebecca
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    I am coming back after a few years. Nice to see 50+ ladies out there. I just turned 50 in August (2021) and am very overweight (sedentary job and addicted to carbs). Thanks for starting the new blog Barbie. Looking forward to the support.

:) Welcome back. This is where you'll find the support you seek.
    nsk1951 wrote: »

I'm new to posting on this thread, and hope to stop back several times: get to know/be known by the 'regulars'. Seventy-Seven years old/young(? :| ) .. well old enough so that I can use my age as an excuse for when I act silly! What's not such fun is mobility issues ... yet, I'm working with what I've got.

Neena
    Western New York State
    :) Welcome. I am 76 and live in a 55+ community. I'm not as mobile as I used to be but I'm still walking.

melkadee wrote: »
    Hello. I'm new here.

:) Glad you are here.

<3 Barbie in NW WA