Exercise - Keto - IF - food cycling - selfies

LadySanguin
LadySanguin Posts: 29 Member
Just wanting to chat about diets, fasting, and exercise/weightlifting. No judgement zone

Replies

• joesanabria33
    joesanabria33 Posts: 45 Member
    I do Keto on and off. Currently on day 4 of Keto and loving it. Keto now a days is easy. I mean they have Keto bread and Keto chips now 😍
  • dylandavis39247
    dylandavis39247 Posts: 1 Member
    How long have you been using 18-6 IF ? I used to be on a good fasting schedule, it helped me loose over 100 pounds and meet my goals, but I've been struggling recently to find a good time frame with my new work schedule.
  • LadySanguin
    I’ve been doing the 18-6 IF for maybe 6-8 months, I started at a 12-12, then 14-10 to 16-8. I’ve been doing IF for about 4 years, I’m not always 100% perfect on my timing but I like to make exceptions for family and holidays.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    I've done IF for almost a year. I do mostly OMAD, but I move my window around and change my length all the time. Sometimes I'll eat all day just to shake things up.

I find that the more I vary what I do, the more it keeps my body revved.

I have never used a fasting app for that reason, I never time my fasts or eat when a clock tells me to. I eat whenever works for me that day, but it is most often in the evening.

I don't do keto though, no interest. I generally only cook vegetarian, but I'll eat anything. It makes life incredibly easy because I never need special foods at someone else's house or a restaurant.
  • LadySanguin
    I totally get that about special foods. I only worry about keto when I can do it (about 90-95% of the time). If keto can isn’t available, then I use intuition on what is my healthiest route. I’m not perfect by any means but I find if I eat mostly keto I’m ok once in a while with a carb centric meal or treat. I just really like eating keto for my brain and exercise energy. I use IF for my caloric control.
  • hagamanemily762
    hagamanemily762 Posts: 1 Member
    Need help getting in Ketosis! Any ideas. I keep my carbs below 32g and workout, drink lots of water. I typically eat steak and eggs avocados. Can’t have cheese I’m allergic to dairy. I love pistachios but they are high in carbs. Oh this is so hard!!
  • mrhlk381
    mrhlk381 Posts: 2 Member
    Two days in on doing Keto. I have a friend telling me that I need to be as close to zero carbs as possible for at least a few months. So..day 1 I was at 14g carbs and 1271 cal. Today I'm at 4 carb and 1322 cal. I did a free Keto calculator and it said for optimum weight loss I should be at 27g a day. Does that mean optimum is 27 or less or right at 27g? Also, anyone share some breakfast ideas? I love eggs but I'm a little nervous about them being about the only zero carb option because if I eat eggs 5-6 days in a row they make me sick and then I usually can't eat them again for about a month without them making me sick. Any help would be appreciated. I'm at 330lbs right now. Trying to get down to about 200lbs. this app is telling me that in 5 weeks I will lose 40lbs. I'm not even sure that's safe. I mean it would be great if it's true but i doubt it.
  • SunshineHardcore
    SunshineHardcore Posts: 27 Member
    I do keto, if, and some extended fasting. I also have a cheat weekend once a month where I eat all the carbs, even sugar.

This is my second attempt at keto, the first time I didn't cheat once for 2 years, but I got stuck 70lbs in at 245, which is where I've gotten stuck with any effort to get in shape my entire adult life. When I decided to take a week off, I couldn't get back on, and regained almost everything I had lost.

My goal originally with the once a month cheat was to exercise my ability to go back to keto if I faltered. It has worked far better than I expected. Going back and forth has gotten easier each time. Unexpectedly, this hasn't slowed the rate I've lost at all and I didn't get stuck. I'm 178 now,137lbs down from my highest weight. I'm still losing but considering slowing down intentionally to let my skin catch up. I'm also planning to start lifting again finally for the first time in 15years when my son starts school this fall.
  • LadySanguin
    I’m no expert by any means, but I found if I eat lots of veggies with my eggs I tend to eat them easier than alone. I’ve been switching up my eggs for another meat protein as well (chicken or pork for breakfast). I’m down 70lbs as of this morning, I’ve had a lot of improvement in skin sag from my IF, I eat 2 larger meals a day between 12 and 6 pm. I also don’t count veggie carbs bc that’s mostly fiber and doesn’t digest like sugars. Keep it up!!!
  • Low carb/keto diet here
  • supermang49
    supermang49 Posts: 24 Member
    uzwtpivfov6p.png
    Lost 300 lbs doing keto
  • Butt_Snorkeler
    Butt_Snorkeler Posts: 167 Member
    Tried keto a couple times. It was tasty, but I found my craving for carbs always won out. I find as long as I stick to trying to get anough protein and fiber, then I dont care where the other macros land cuz Ill always be under a big deficit anyways.

IF is just kind of a lifestyle thing to me. I just fall asleep early and by the time I get up, its already been 12 hours right there. 😅 I tried doing 16/8 but found I had problem fitting in all my calories in the smaller window. Widened it to 14/10, and I can at least get all my protein now. I think Ill have to stick to a 12/12 if I want 32g of fiber per day. Not even if you can call 12/12 intermittent fasting. Just more of a normal everyday plan with no eating late 🤔
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    I’m currently doing a lifestyle keto diet. I do eat plenty of veggies but hold back on the starchy ones. I do carb cycle when needed with healthy carbs (sweet potatoes, quinoa, etc) and I even do a mock carnivore diet if I feel it’s needed. I typically follow a 18-6 IF schedule but this is a natural eating window for me most times of the year. I walk uphill and/or hike every day. I try to weight lift, but I feel restricted bc I do not have a spotter or workout partner. So far with this approach (mind you, I do participate in holidays and birthdays 🎂) I have lost 57 to date.
    You don't need to have a spotter or workout partner to lift weights. You just lift weights that you can handle by yourself.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,489 Member
    I’m no expert by any means, but I found if I eat lots of veggies with my eggs I tend to eat them easier than alone. I’ve been switching up my eggs for another meat protein as well (chicken or pork for breakfast). I’m down 70lbs as of this morning, I’ve had a lot of improvement in skin sag from my IF, I eat 2 larger meals a day between 12 and 6 pm. I also don’t count veggie carbs bc that’s mostly fiber and doesn’t digest like sugars. Keep it up!!!
    Your body digests ALL SUGARS the same way. They all get broken down to it's simplest form then absorbed. The body DOESN'T distinguish the difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,081 Member

I too don’t count veggie carbs like broccoli, green beans etc…