Stubborn weight

Hi everyone.
So I’ve been in a calorie deficit for nearly 5 months. I’ve lost 1.8 stone. I’ve lost noticeable weight on my stomach, face and chest however even with keeping weekly measurements I’m just not losing weight on my upper arms or calves no matter what I do. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,764 Member
    Patience, simply patience... Our body decides where the fat comes off. Some people lose in their extremities first, some the opposite, some find they lose weight asymmetrically, anything is possible.

Also, since these body parts are smaller, progress will be smaller (in absolute numbers of inches/cm) so might more easily be masked by slight variations in where you take your measurements/how tightly you hold the tape measure?
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    This is normal, your body will lose where it wants to when it wants to.

Try not to get too fixated on it, just focus on doing what works for you, and be patient.
  • fatty2begone
    fatty2begone Posts: 249 Member
    I have large upper arms and calves too. In fact, I have a large fat deposit around my elbows. (I would say about 2+ inches). These are the last areas I lose. I am now down 28 lbs (Not sure how that calculates to stone conversion). I weigh 178 - 177 lbs. I have lost a lot off my stomach, hips, and thighs.

Bodies are weird. I put weight on every where and it will take some time for all areas to lose the fat. Be patient, it will happen.

Congratulations on your success!
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,748 Member
    amylou6500 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.
    So I’ve been in a calorie deficit for nearly 5 months. I’ve lost 1.8 stone. I’ve lost noticeable weight on my stomach, face and chest however even with keeping weekly measurements I’m just not losing weight on my upper arms or calves no matter what I do. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything I can do?

To be honest, I've never wanted to lose weight in my calves, or thighs. I always feel like it gives me a chicken leg type appearance. But, like everyone's has said, you can't control where fats comes off from, that's almost entirely genetically based body shape.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    amylou6500 wrote: »
    Is there anything I can do?

Yes - you can carry on.
    That's it really.

You didn't choose where to store away your excess and you don't get to choose where you lose it.