WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,479 Member
    Vince just said that we'll go to the movies tomorrow. Told ya.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,149 Member
    :) While Jake napped I rode my exercise bike, read my e book, and waited on hold for customer service to find out why my auto insurance bill is so much higher this year. When Jake woke up more than an hour later, I hung up and tried reaching them through the online chat feature and was told to leave a message and they'll get back to me. It was an interesting exercise in patience and a peaceful way to spend part of my afternoon.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,475 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) While Jake napped I rode my exercise bike, read my e book, and waited on hold for customer service to find out why my auto insurance bill is so much higher this year. When Jake woke up more than an hour later, I hung up and tried reaching them through the online chat feature and was told to leave a message and they'll get back to me. It was an interesting exercise in patience and a peaceful way to spend part of my afternoon.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Ours was too ... all the insurances are going up. But I rang them and changed some settings ... like that we never use the vehicle for commuting to work etc. And now it's lower than it was!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,619 Member
    edited June 2022
    Chatted very happily to the couple on the next table at dinner time. :D
    Went up and rescued DH and took him to the centre of the ship bar. (Less movement) He stayed there with his crossword book until I got out of the evening show. Sea is improving now. I hope I sleep tonight.

Hoping to take a few photos tomorrow.

One thing DH is very good at is ringing up and getting good deal on those pesky insurance hikes. Every year they try it on.

Allie - Hope things work out OK. It's all you need! Grrrr!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,808 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,008 Member
    That babys hat is adorable xoxo.
    Yes im staying off th internet because if i start looking up stuff I'll start freaking out. So I'll leave well enough alone.. Rachel is coming tomorrow to start hoeing out the storage area and my walk in closet.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,920 Member
    Happy Anniversary Pip
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,479 Member
    Happy Anniversary, pip

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka - I had an instant coffee at my cousins on Saturday. I haven’t had any in at least 5 years. I am thinking of buying a bottle now. I think I enjoyed it more than I have been the brewed.

Tracey in Edmonton currently writing a novel as I’ve been making notes for a week I think.

The thing I like about instant is that I can adjust the quantity to adjust the flavour.

Plus they come in different varieties: https://www.moccona.com.au/our-coffee/

This is my favourite:

eqp5gtnacdq0.png
    https://www.moccona.com.au/our-coffee/hint-of-natural-hazelnut-swirl/

And second favourite:

4nwupiekmu84.png
    https://www.moccona.com.au/our-coffee/hint-of-natural-caramel-drizzle/

Black, of course, no milk or sugar.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Chatted very happily to the couple on the next table at dinner time. :D
    Went up and rescued DH and took him to the centre of the ship bar. (Less movement) He stayed there with his crossword book until I got out of the evening show. Sea is improving now. I hope I sleep tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

If I were your husband, as soon as you dock (tomorrow?), I would be booking a flight back to the UK or doing land travel across Iceland from here on in.

I get "seasick" on the bus I take to commute to/from work ... especially when it's dark outside. One of the reasons I don't like this very dark time of year. I often have to take ginger just to make it home in the evening and sometimes I wear those anti-seasick wrist bands.

Love the colour of your dress and you look like you're enjoying yourself!

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,996 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    More reflections on my mother:
    I found myself a little angry at my dad today. He died 15 years ago. I was sitting at my desk and said, "Daddy, you should be here for her!" It doesn't seem fair. She was with him when he died and every day leading up to it. He left her to do this on her own, and it isn't fair.

I know someone has to go first and the other will go after, but it is still so very unfair. If he we were with her, in person, I think this would be easier for her.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR

Much of the time the man does go first.

When my grandmother went a couple years ago it was about 20 years after my grandfather, I think. She always loved him and kept his picture by her bed all those years. When life drew to a close for her, she knew they would be together again and she was happy to go.

Maybe it would help your mother to look at it from that perspective.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,832 Member
    Hi folks. Having a little me time today as DH is off birdwatching with one of his pals. Daughter is on the mend, but still testing positive. She’s WFH for a few days. (Her own home).
    Well we found the pot roast in the microwave. Mom got it out for lunch and forgot it. I'm just cranky because my side hurts and I have no idea why. I guess I'm allowed a cranky day once in awhile.
    Annie in Delaware
    Sometimes, cranky just comes along. (((Hugs))) And well done on getting the dumbbells done!

Machka: I do admire your choices and all the positive steps you have taken.

Ginny: Fingers crossed for those test results.

Heather: Very glamorous! I can imagine the cha cha class with those waves. 💃🏼Crossing the North Atlantic is not for sissies 😝

Rebecca: Good to see you enjoying time with Athena.
    Katla: Sorry to hear that your DH is not doing so well at the moment.
    Debbie: You’re going above and beyond for MIL. Good idea to take your own pillow etc.

DrKatie: The kitty may not be a stray. Cats often roam and forage around their homes, even when they are well fed at home.