WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Wednesday!
    Katla- Sending big hugs to you and your DH! ((( <3 ))) Glad your kids are on their way to you.
    Keren in OR- Welcome to the group! Remember to bookmark this thread to find us easier. Tomorrow (last day of the month), our fearless leader, Barbie will give us the link to the July thread. Just follow that link and remember to bookmark it. Jump in when you feel the urge. We are very chatty and talk about all aspects of life (except no religion or politics).
    Heather- Well, you look great in all of your outfits! I wouldn't call one little blip with your DH a big problem. If my DH and I traveled together, we would have "daily" blips. Perhaps even a blip or two each day. We tend to rub eachother the wrong way when we travel. Probably because he is not a traveler, and I am usually dragging him along. We haven't taken a trip together since our 2017 roadtrip to TX when Joaquin was born. lol Me to him: "Just take another pill and go back to sleep!"

It rained last night; thank the lord. We needed it. I am so happy that I don't have to drag the sprinkler all over the yard this morning! Watering the lawn (front and sides only) means moving the sprinkler every 15 minutes and doing it nine times. That is a little over two hours of in and out moving that d**n sprinkler. Today is INternational Mud Day! Yea! I have the tarp, dirt, and pans, pails, and shovels ready for the kids. It is going to be a good day!

Love and hugs to all who need them! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Katla))), So sorry your husband is in intensive care.

Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Katla Sending your DH all the best healing energy and support along with prayers for you and the kids.

Enjoying the last of the cooler weather this morning. It was 55 degrees out on my porch this morning! (High of 89 expected today!) We likely won’t see this again until the end of August start of September. Hello full blown summer…

Dad (80) didn’t have a very good day yesterday.
    :( He’s falling asleep a lot intermittently. Mom and he were out and about in the truck and he kept falling asleep. (Not normal for him) - Also when he got home he fell asleep on the porch several times after dinner. Around 8pm Mom asked if he wanted to go lie in bed and he did. He had a harder than normal time getting up and out of the porch chair (mom had to help) and DH noticed his left hand was shaking slightly. The night before he slept “fought” in bed and hit the desk next to him with his fist. (Mom and Dad sleep in twins because of his active sleep patterns.) some days he’s fine…others it’s less so.

When mom and dad went to the doctor after they moved here a couple of months ago, they agreed not to bring up Dad’s symptoms like frequent falling asleep and hand gestures as though acting his dreams out. Mom said Dad told her he would leave (and go where???) if she so much as uttered a word of it. I was disappointed in them both for it really. Although my Dad can be quite hard about things and make life unpleasant for mom. Saw it as a kid so I get it. (He has softened a lot in older age but still.)

I need to talk to her and explain there are drugs they can give now that could help slow the progression of what I believe is dementia. She’s been covering for him for a while.

I hope I can convince her to talk to him about going back to the doctor. He truly needs to do it as I want him here as long as possible and in as much quality of life as possible.

Bummed in the Ozark’s

Leslie

The symptoms that you describe sound like Parkinson's which is what my husband is being tested for. He has the same symptoms that you say your dad has.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,114 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Tomorrow is my last day of work!

And life changes again.

Machka in Oz

Are you going to retire from work?
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Apparently, he was friends with some rather dubious people in WW2, but was a bit náive. DH has one of his novels on his Kindle.

Back at the ship now. I bought some 'lava salt' to amuse the grandchildren. Some Icelandic sea salt for us and some cocktail napkins that say 'four times hurrah' in Icelandic. We might go in search of smoked lamb this afternoon in town. Delicious.

vcakchz5t0yp.jpg

Heather
  • allieberri
    allieberri Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Katla Sending your DH all the best healing energy and support along with prayers for you and the kids.

Enjoying the last of the cooler weather this morning. It was 55 degrees out on my porch this morning! (High of 89 expected today!) We likely won’t see this again until the end of August start of September. Hello full blown summer…

Dad (80) didn’t have a very good day yesterday.
    :( He’s falling asleep a lot intermittently. Mom and he were out and about in the truck and he kept falling asleep. (Not normal for him) - Also when he got home he fell asleep on the porch several times after dinner. Around 8pm Mom asked if he wanted to go lie in bed and he did. He had a harder than normal time getting up and out of the porch chair (mom had to help) and DH noticed his left hand was shaking slightly. The night before he slept “fought” in bed and hit the desk next to him with his fist. (Mom and Dad sleep in twins because of his active sleep patterns.) some days he’s fine…others it’s less so.

When mom and dad went to the doctor after they moved here a couple of months ago, they agreed not to bring up Dad’s symptoms like frequent falling asleep and hand gestures as though acting his dreams out. Mom said Dad told her he would leave (and go where???) if she so much as uttered a word of it. I was disappointed in them both for it really. Although my Dad can be quite hard about things and make life unpleasant for mom. Saw it as a kid so I get it. (He has softened a lot in older age but still.)

I need to talk to her and explain there are drugs they can give now that could help slow the progression of what I believe is dementia. She’s been covering for him for a while.

I hope I can convince her to talk to him about going back to the doctor. He truly needs to do it as I want him here as long as possible and in as much quality of life as possible.

Bummed in the Ozark’s

Leslie

Hi Leslie,
    New to the community, but my heart goes out to you. It is difficult seeing our parents get older and sometimes suffer because of the process of old age.
    Hang in there...both my parents have passed already - one from cancer and the other from Alzheimers...just hit my 60th.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm exhausted... Went TO WORK yesterday. To the old building to organize and purge files! OMG. My muscles are killing me! lol
    That's just from one file cabinet. Okay... I told ya! It's been awhile since I've been into the building!
    9cnnrpv8wqwx.png

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Welcome Leslie!
    I hear you about your parents. I'm taking care of mine, but I am forever the child and have no authority. My mom told me last week she doesn't know why I do all the cooking. I do it because she can't plan a meal anymore. She has a huge blind spot when it comes to her own capabilities. And she comes from a generation that took no excuses, especially for mental health or dementia. She told a nurse she could carry laundry up the stairs. The nurse said she should use a cane when she leaves the house. But I'm sure Mom would try to carry the laundry and wouldn't accept defeat until she fell down the stairs.
    Anyway, a number of us are caretakers, and we understand stubborn parents. Take care of yourself too.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Heather: very elegant as always. And there can never be too many waterfall photos.

Weekly grocery shopping this morning, then dodging showers in the garden. Also worked on my crochet.

This was what I did yesterday
    Tues 28 June
    🔹0720: Meditation
    🔹0745: wake-up w/out (30)
    🔹Weighed/recorded weight
    🔹Herbal tea/supplements
    🔹Plan/Log food for today
    🔹Balance macros
    🔹Sole Mates steps from yesterday posted
    🔹prep for Craft
    🔹0945: Aerobics (25)
    🔹Breakfast
    🔹shower/dress
    🔹1030: Craft Group (crochet)
    🔹1250: Duolingo Latin
    🔹1315: lunch/clear up/relax
    🔹1345: Circuits (25)
    🔹watch The Big Bang Theory
    🔹1600: coffee/relax
    🔹walk (30)
    🔹1800: dinner/clear up/relax
    🔹 watch TV
    🔹 10 active hours (Fitbit)
    🔹 8600 + steps
    🔹 Posts JFT/JGM10D/SoleMates
    🔹 Posts UAC/BHHs
    🔹 Posts for WATWs/Women50
    🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    I'm having a moody spell. I skipped my dumbbells last night and ate several servings of dark chocolate instead. Yoga is looking iffy today too. Not to mention the paperwork I need to do. I don't know if I need a nap or a kick in the pants.

Annie in Delaware