Looking for VLCD friends

Options
I am currently doing Henry Ford Medical Center's Protein Power VLCD. It is a high protein, 550 - 850 calorie/day plan of primarily supplemental meals (shakes, bars, soups).

I am looking to add friends doing similar plans. If interesting in sharing this experience, please post here or send me a friend request.

Adding after reading a few replies:
I apologize. I haven't read the rules recently. When I did, I never imagined I would do this, so the restriction wouldn't have stuck in my mind.

This is a doctor prescribed, medically supervised plan.

I'm not a huge advocate of this plan, it is simply where I am at and the best decision I can make right now. I thought there might be others in the same position. I wouldn't encourage anyone to do a VLCD.

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m69a1g5C0u1rvzw0uo1_500.gif
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    -facepalm-
  • mrsmarit
    mrsmarit Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing Henry Ford Medical Center's Protein Power VLCD. It is a high protein, 550 - 850 calorie/day plan of primarily supplemental meals (shakes, bars, soups).

I am looking to add friends doing similar plans. If interesting in sharing this experience, please post here or send me a friend request.

These are not permitted on this site. Expect to see this thread locked very soon.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    In before the lock

in-before-the-lock-o.gif
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Does no one read the rules around here?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

These are not permitted on this site. Expect to see this thread locked very soon.

PSMF can be done healthily...
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m69a1g5C0u1rvzw0uo1_500.gif
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    OP loses 100 lbs... then decides to go on a crash diet? dafuq.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    OP loses 100 lbs... then decides to go on a crash diet? dafuq.

I know right?!?!? Headdesk...
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    And that's what the VLCD Cult of Silence is like. Even though this person is on a medically prescribed, medically supervised plan, they cannot utter a peep about it because the Starvation Mode Police swoops in and shuts them down.

Makes me sick, really.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    NOPE.jpg
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    And that's what the VLCD Cult of Silence is like. Even though this person is on a medically prescribed, medically supervised plan, they cannot utter a peep about it because the Starvation Mode Police swoops in and shuts them down.

Makes me sick, really.

You know what makes me sick? Reading your diary...500 calories a day...I guess it really just makes me sad, not sick.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Makes me sick, really.

because OTHER PEOPLE that haven't been prescribed this might decide to follow and wind up with some serious problems.

If it REALLY IS under control of a doctor, then you're actually getting upset about the equivalent of people not just being able to go through your medicine cabinet and just eating every pill they see... since, you know.. a dr. prescribed it.

logic.

makes me sick, really.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Had to read the post a couple times before my brain let me see "soups" and not "soaps"
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome! Unless you need to lose weight quickly for a surgery or some major health problem, slower is better (and I don't think this applies to you). It is healthier and it may give our skin time to adjust to the changes...I hope. Also the longer it takes, the more likely we will stick with the habits we developed along the way. I've been at this for 15 months now and sometimes I can't believe I'm still fat and I get a little anxious. But when I calm down and focus on the many positive changes I've made, I know I'm on the right course. I know you have made many positive changes too. Try not to get too caught up on the time frame because it is so easy to get discouraged, get off track and start going backwards. Just continue to eat healthier and be more active and let it happen!

OP, this is your own advice and guess what, it's GOOD. I commend you for your loss so far and you are clearly doing something that works, so I'm not sure why you would want to go to extremes.
  • TitaniaEcks
    Options

Makes me sick, really.

You know what makes me sick? Reading your diary...500 calories a day...I guess it really just makes me sad, not sick.
    That's only on Fast Days, imbecile. I'm on IF. On Feed Days I eat 1800.
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I apologize. I haven't read the rules recently. When I did, I never imagined I would do this, so the restriction wouldn't have stuck in my mind.

This is a doctor prescribed, medically supervised plan.

I'm not a huge advocate of this plan, it is simply where I am at and the best decision I can make right now. I thought there might be others in the same position. I wouldn't encourage anyone do a VLCD.
  • TitaniaEcks
    Options

Makes me sick, really.

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

Makes me sick, really.

I scanned your diary when I saw you giving bad advice on another thread. You ate under 500 calories every day except for a day when you consumed 4000 of mostly crappy lite beer. Maybe shh on the advice for you.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    because OTHER PEOPLE that haven't been prescribed this might decide to follow and wind up with some serious problems.

That's a stupid rationale.

And judging from your other posts on here - I suspect that if you sit down and think rationally about this, you'll realize this.

That would be like banning talking about marathons because I might try one and die.

An ED is a mental problem. It is not something you catch from people on the Internet.
This discussion has been closed.