Looking for VLCD friends

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    And that's what the VLCD Cult of Silence is like. Even though this person is on a medically prescribed, medically supervised plan, they cannot utter a peep about it because the Starvation Mode Police swoops in and shuts them down.

Makes me sick, really.

Doctors who prescribe these kinds of diets should have their license revoked. There are also doctors who will fix ya up with a feeding tube for a diet. Sound right to you?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m69a1g5C0u1rvzw0uo1_500.gif

This will never, ever get old.

Nor will this topic ever disappear.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    And that's what the VLCD Cult of Silence is like. Even though this person is on a medically prescribed, medically supervised plan, they cannot utter a peep about it because the Starvation Mode Police swoops in and shuts them down.

Makes me sick, really.

You know what makes me sick? Reading your diary...500 calories a day...I guess it really just makes me sad, not sick.
    That's only on Fast Days, imbecile. I'm on IF. On Feed Days I eat 1800.

you mad?
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    If it REALLY IS under control of a doctor, then you're actually getting upset about the equivalent of people not just being able to go through your medicine cabinet and just eating every pill they see... since, you know.. a dr. prescribed it.
    That's horsecrap. This person isn't telling other people to go on VLCDs. This situation is more akin to someone not being allowed to talk about the medications they're on, because other people might go and buy those medications on the street without a prescription.

Ridiculous. Cult of silence.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Makes me sick, really.

You know what makes me sick? Reading your diary...500 calories a day...I guess it really just makes me sad, not sick.

Ah, if only imbecile hurt me.

Fast days...such a silly silly concept. When you can actually eat and lose weight. Holy **** who knew?!?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Makes me sick, really.

you mad?

hangry
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Makes me sick, really.

Doctors who prescribe these kinds of diets should have their license revoked. There are also doctors who will fix ya up with a feeding tube for a diet. Sound right to you?

Hello ignorance
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about the macro ratio... I mean, how much protein can you actually get out of 850 calories?
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    0f45a48deeffa2694ef1154cdc8f68e0.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Makes me sick, really.

you shouldn't call people imbeciles. it's against the rules too.

people who "swoop in" are not starvation mode police. they are people who don't want people to do something that is almost always harmful and unnecessary. until the OP said this is being done under doctor's supervision (i sure hope she doesn't mean a chiropractor or holistic hand waver!), the correct response is EXACTLY what they've been saying. it's not just a bad idea to do this without medical supervision... it's also very unsafe.

also, take a look at lots of the folks taking the time to reply on this (and other similar) thread(s). many have lost 100+ lbs themselves. they've been there. they know the temptations of the VLCD. they know it's not sustainable. they know it can be dangerous. don't dismiss people who mean well... take the time to understand "why" they are saying what they are saying. you might find that you agree with their motives more than you think. here's a hint... it's NOT because they like to "bully" people.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about the macro ratio... I mean, how much protein can you actually get out of 850 calories?

you would be surprised. most WLS patients eat a minimum of 60g but many get up to 100g per day.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

I've seen PSMF's with some veggies for micros, fish oil pills for EFAs and the rest protein
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options

Are you doing some other form of fasting? Intermittent Fasting (IF) does not typically have very low calorie days. ESE, maybe? This is a great resource on IF if you'd like the specifics: http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html. :flowerforyou:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    nope.gif
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

you would be surprised. most WLS patients eat a minimum of 60g but many get up to 100g per day.

Wow! I struggle to get 100g a day on 1800 calories. :grumble:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    because OTHER PEOPLE that haven't been prescribed this might decide to follow and wind up with some serious problems.

That's a stupid rationale.

And judging from your other posts on here - I suspect that if you sit down and think rationally about this, you'll realize this.

That would be like banning talking about marathons because I might try one and die.

An ED is a mental problem. It is not something you catch from people on the Internet.

lolwut?

People following a 500-800 calorie diet that was given to the OP... but not them... is bad rationale? Please, explain to me how this is bad. I can wait.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options

Makes me sick, really.

I scanned your diary when I saw you giving bad advice on another thread. You ate under 500 calories every day except for a day when you consumed 4000 of mostly crappy lite beer. Maybe shh on the advice for you.
    I guess while scanning my diary you missed the obvious, that I don't log Feed Days. I only log Fast Days. I logged that one 4000-calorie day just so I could shame myself about how much I'd eaten/drunk.

I really wish people would only flap their gums when they knew what they were talking about, but hey, freedom of speech and all. <3

Edit: And not one of those beers was a lite beer, BTW, lol. There was Corona, Stella, Guinness, and Natty Ice. Crappy, but not lite.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Are you doing some other form of fasting? Intermittent Fasting (IF) does not have very low calorie days. It's about eating all of your calories in a shortened period of time, aka feeding window. This is a great resource if you'd like the specifics: http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html. :flowerforyou:

Oh she's "really good at dieting"...I agree with the other poster, I think she's just hangry.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m69a1g5C0u1rvzw0uo1_500.gif
    nope.gif
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

An ED is a mental problem. It is not something you catch from people on the Internet.

...And where do you think people desperate to lose weight get ED ideas? *headdesk*
This discussion has been closed.