Hello!

Options
Hi my name’s Olivia but everyone calls me Liv. I have put on so much weight since being with my boyfriend and our 1 year is in 2 weeks. The plan is to lose 30kg by my birthday in February. I am highly unmotivated and really inactive so I need someone to give me a kick up the *kitten* every now and then. I’m really driven this time to lose the weight because we are planning on going away next year and I just want to feel confident and comfortable in my own skin. Any recommendations on meals, exercises and just general chit chat is welcomed with open arms. I do carry the majority of my weight on my thighs and bum with a fairly small waist but i just want to lose general weight to then tone up - i hate going to the gym at the minute because i feel so disgusted at myself. I know i could be fatter but i want to get to a point that i’m happy with before it gets out of control.

Replies

• rfrank8980
    rfrank8980 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Liv! I'm Rachel :) man I FEEL YOU! I was just about to post something very similar about myself. My bf & I have been together 3+ years and we've both gained a lot of weight while dating, even though when we started dating we were both in fairly good shape. I'd be cool to be an accountability buddy if you're looking for one!
  • oliviajadewr
    oliviajadewr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @rfrank8980 yeah my boyfriend doesn’t gain any weight AT ALL!! He has such a high metabolism and does a fair bit of stuff to keep himself active. I, on the otherhand, do not have or do either of those things 😂. Turning point was my shorts not fitting me last week. So i need to do something. Will definitely hold you to the accountability buddy and just know i will also do the same ❤️

• JuddyGitahi
    JuddyGitahi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I've been struggling with weightloss for about 15 years now, and I'm hoping to get a lose 30kgs by December, my birthday.
    I hope to join you since we seem to be on the same journey.
  • MyBodModProject
    MyBodModProject Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi Liv. Congrats on one year with your bf! What a fun milestone. I, too, am trying to lose weight for an upcoming trip with my significant other and I have about 38-40 kg to lose. I would be more than happy to help you with accountability if you would like. I am also a decent cheerleader, or, at least I used to be when I was a competitive swimmer. I know I need help in the motivation department myself, day in and day out.

Oh, my name is Brian, by the way. I have never been a part of anything like my fitness pal, so this a first for me. I signed up because I am currently on vacation and my swimming suit fits more like yoga tights than board shorts. How embarrassing this has been! Wow.

Anyway, we each seem to have a year or so to get fit and look better, if not great, in our clothes for a big travel trip. This seems realistic, with consistent effort, right?!

• kathrynmahan
    kathrynmahan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Olivia! I've used MFP for many years, but marrying the love of my life 5 years ago led to my current weight situation. He's not going to diet or exercise and I'm not going to nag him. But I can't stand looking and feeling this way. I'm 60 pounds over my ideal weight, going on 65, and clearly exercise isn't going to happen.

MFP has helped me get down to 205 3 times in the past 12 years so I know it works. This time I have to contend with the fact that I won't be exercising (beyond taking walks) due to cancer, arthritis, & a sedentary lifestyle, so it's got to be all diet.

I've got some lovely jeans just waiting for my congratulations-me party, which will happen around Thanksgiving if I'm good. Not planning to make a ton of MFP friends but a couple would be good, I've found it really helps.

If you're looking for an MFP buddy that would be cool.

Kathryn