Anyone else fasting?

Options
One week in…anti-inflammation diet adjusted for low carb choices only and 16 hour fast daily. And of course MFP food recording to track nutrients.

Breakfast: 1t olive oil, 1/2 sweet onion, 5 oz kale, 2 eggs, fresh garlic and grated ginger.

Goal: knee surgery 100 lbs from now.

Best of luck to you all!

Replies

• BigFatTron
    BigFatTron Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am intermittent fasting too. Doing something similar to the fast 800. I love fasting. Wish I'd discovered it years ago. I have a lot of weight to lose and my health is in a dire state :(
  • treeburger
    treeburger Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi - just got back into myfitnesspal to track my weight, eating etc. IF seems to work the best for me. I combine that with trying to stay under 1200 cal (although I am not tracking - which is where MFP comes back into the picture). In the summer I find 5:2 works well b/c you can have some off days when unexpected eating may come into play, although I have to admit, I haven't done it this summer yet. I am basically eating when it's dinner time (I try to aim for 6 or 7 but some days it is 5) and then I stop at bedtime - it is not the strictest but for now it is doable.