Anyone Lost Over 30 and kept it off for more than 5 years, who doesn't work in the fitness industry

Options
1234568»

Replies

• waxingturtle
    waxingturtle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @sharon81 that's good advice and I'm doing just that. Logging it all and knowing I will have to log everyday as a routine for the rest of my life bc I NEED to do that. Thanks fur sharing.

@Shaggy_Dominic thank you. I'm hopeful by hearing others have done it!

@themommie thank you for commenting. It's reasonable to gain some when your life is in turmoil. That's why we have this app, right? I'm glad you're getting a handle on it again. Best wishes for good health to your husband!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,430 Member
    Options
    Oooh oooh oooh 👋🏻

I will hit keeping my first thirty lost off for five years next week, so now I officially qualify.

Not a trainer, not in the fitness industry, but have taken liberal advantage of both.

I’ve had an in-person dietician and a phone dietician, and two superior trainers (plus another two that absolutely sucked and one who was good but insisted on treating me like a grey/headed possum and ignored me when I said “challenge me and make me whine”.)

It all came down to weighing food, habitual logging, learning to love new foods (we walked past church’s Chicken with the dog a little while ago and I nearly urped from the grease odor. Win!!!!!) and learning to love exercise plus be willing to try new things.

The board community here was also instrumental.

I went on to lose 97, then made the difficult decision to add some back because I was so thin I looked like I’d snap. 142 is my current ideal weight (I think) am hovering at 146 because of a minor foot injury. Ya injure one darn thing and everything else starts hurting. Yay, age. Not! I figure a good bit of it is extra water weight for the soreness all over. Five years of meticulous logging and weighing has learned me that that’s really a thing so I’m not panicked.
  • dgper
    dgper Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 lbs. and have kept it off for 5 years. It "helps" that I have some pretty severe digestive disorders that sometimes make it hard for me to eat, but for the most part it's been a matter of giving myself a 3-5 lb. limit on how much I can gain before taking real action (calorie reduction, intermittent fasting, going off starches). I weigh myself every day. That was the one hard and fast rule.
  • gunnmike
    gunnmike Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    60 pounds off for about the last decade or so. Not in the fitness or "appearance " industry.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!