WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,036 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    I just watched the video series from our favorite physical therapists, Bob and Brad, and I don't have the indications it's plantar fasciitis. My arches don't hurt. My feet just feel like I've been standing up all day. I don't know what it is.

Tina in CA

Have you flown somewhere recently?

Or had to sit for a long period of time?

Because of the calf thing, I'm wondering about DVT.

M in Oz
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,644 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Katla – so happy that you and DH have help and support. It’s hard to leave Oregon behind, but for now DH needs to get stronger. Bats are definitely not my favorite animal especially in a building ! but they are sure great at keeping the other insect populations under control. When I worked at camp they were always in my office, I wore a hat inside, I did not want them in my hair!
    Heather – If there is a good camera shop in your town they may be able to refer you to a budding professional photographer who would give you a good price.
    Barbara in S. Oregon – I like the idea of the running count of plant based food….. think I’ll do that too.
    Allie – the egg substitute I use is called Aquafaba, but you buy canned beans and just pour off the liquid in the can and there you go it is aquafaba. It is not really a product you go out and buy.
    Tina – do you think your hubby understands that he leaves all the planning to you? Sometimes the hardest thing is to have someone “understand” what they have done. Especially if it has worked that way for a while.
    Plantar fasciitis I dealt with this years ago and a combo of good arch support and acupuncture solved it.
    Pip – I have not had a pair of Birkenstocks in years, but I am saving up for a pair, I wore them everywhere with great success for many years. Then I decided they were ugly, I have gotten over that. I will get the old school ones with leather and cork, not the newer plastic based ones.

Plant based foods week of 8/22
    Lettuce, tomato, wheat, basil, eggplant, sun dried tomato, oregano, walnuts

Smiles Kim in N. California
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,238 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I just watched the video series from our favorite physical therapists, Bob and Brad, and I don't have the indications it's plantar fasciitis. My arches don't hurt. My feet just feel like I've been standing up all day. I don't know what it is.

Tina in CA

M in Oz

I haven't flown a long distance since April. I asked my doctor and she said it was not DVT or circulation. I was worried though. She thinks plantar fasciitis. I think one foot leans more toward a bursitis. The problem is that they are different treatments! One stretches the foot downward, the other upward.

The calf thing is most likely a tear or strain of some type. I was walking and it felt like a small ball smacked me hard in the back of the leg. She ordered an MRI, but of course it's taking an eternity.

Tina in CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 957 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Tina – do you think your hubby understands that he leaves all the planning to you? Sometimes the hardest thing is to have someone “understand” what they have done. Especially if it has worked that way for a while.

Smiles Kim in N. California

Yes, he is fully aware. We have discussed it over and over and over...ad nauseum as they say.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't manage to quit the book group but I did say that we are headed in different directions and we need a book to help us focus. That pushes my decision back another week or more. So a compromise. I guess I'm okay with it.

Annie in Delaware

:) Is it the people, the books, or the Buddhism that has held your interest? Thinking about that question might help you decide if you want to continue.

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. I had bloodwork done in June and have not wanted to go in and talk with him about it. If I want to get healthier, it's time to go. I'm tired of being so tired.

Lori in IL

:) I you are serious about wanting to get healthier, this appointment could be a just the kick in the behind you need to get you on the right track.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Well have my snorkel on lol ( Cpap) and am ready to hit the hay..
    I felt pretty normal before my divorce.. then a tad off afterwards but ,made more friends and was doing well but the 2 heart surgeries kicked my butt..and threw me for a loop,so my life has drastically changed..
    There are things I still want to do.. just hope I can still.do them..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,622 Member
    Options
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Belated welcome @kamaphia Heather in VA. I loathe “exercise” but love to dance. Is there some activity you enjoy?
    Likewise belated welcome @anelou66 Anne in Fenwick, not to be confused with our Annie in DE. ;)
    Belated welcome back to @StefieS Stefie in DC. Late night eating is a tough one for me too, and always shows at weigh in. It helps me if I can “plan” a small snack (like a single square of bittersweet chocolate) to have as I go to bed, then it’s lights out.

Through pg 27

Done:
    8/12: Move: 1.75 set pt, dogs to powerline, Chetco Point stroll chat with T. steps: 9193 yay
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) +13+2+5+2+1+6 so far: almonds, avocado, beans (kidney), beets, Brazil nuts, carrots, cashews, celery, cherries, chili peppers, coconut milk powder, cucumber, garlic, ginger, hazelnuts, lentils, onions, parsley, peach (white), peanuts, pecans, potatoes, radish, spices (black pepper, cinnamon, cumin, paprika), spinach, tomato concentrate, walnuts, watercress, wheat (naan). CI<CO=
    Live: Joe, readings, BP
    Wt: 138.2
    Lighter, lovelies!

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

2022: Be still and listen.
    August: Move more, fuel better, live NOW.

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,036 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Tina in CA

M in Oz

I haven't flown a long distance since April. I asked my doctor and she said it was not DVT or circulation. I was worried though. She thinks plantar fasciitis. I think one foot leans more toward a bursitis. The problem is that they are different treatments! One stretches the foot downward, the other upward.

The calf thing is most likely a tear or strain of some type. I was walking and it felt like a small ball smacked me hard in the back of the leg. She ordered an MRI, but of course it's taking an eternity.

Tina in CA

Can you get referred to a podiatrist?