Chocolate and carb cravings

Options
Hi. This is Sele. I've successfully used fitnesspal in the past. And I saw results. But I always quit at some point and go back to bad habits. I don't have a healthy relationship with food. It's like all or nothing. My weight is always fluctuating. I can't seem to maintain when I lose weight. I raised my calorie goal from 1200 to 1600 in hopes that it will be a little easier to stick with the program. I crave chocolate and carbs. I also drink a lot of coffee. Can anyone relate?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,171 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    And what is the issue precisely? You can lose/maintain your weight while eating carbs and chocolate, it's just a matter of portion sizes. Or is the issue that you can't control yourself, overeating when eating those foods?

PS: what do you class as 'carbs'? Most people tend to mention foods that are high and carbs and fat, for example, and don't mention vegetables which are usually also high carb.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I allow myself dessert every night, around 300 calories. Ice cream or chocolate usually. I will freak out and binge if I try to completely cut them out of my diet. I know, cuz I've tried multiple times.

And coffee is nearly zero calorie, unless you're adding sugar, creamer, etc. I drink 2/3rds of a pot of coffee every morning.