September 2022 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    @yirara That sucks! Sounds like you're on the mend. Take it easy as you get back to running.

@tarun_yadavA Doing great this year!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    @yirara That sucks! Sounds like you're on the mend. Take it easy as you get back to running.

@tarun_yadavA Doing great this year!

@martaindale awww thanks Sarah 😊
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    Some non-running pics:
    Me and my husband
    My son and his girlfriend
    Me and my great niece
    My son's girlfriend's cat, Waffles
    1ur67t8nrbra.jpg
    dc6fdivfdj9n.jpg
    yopv7ewh6hyg.jpg
    swtde6m5c4r1.jpg
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    I was in NJ for work for a few days - near Princeton. The weather was lovely and much cooler, and I managed to actually get out and run 3 of the 4 days. I was pleased with myself for that and it was a nice change of pace to run somewhere new. The grounds of the conference center were lovely with a ton of deer.

I really needed to run more because I was also eating constantly. They fed us very well at this meeting with breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets, plus snacks out all the time. I also stopped at the Lindt chocolate store in Princeton so I brought home a big bag of assorted truffles.

I didn't run yesterday with the drive home, but I ran 5 today. Very nice cool morning. This week looks like a full schedule so I don't have high hopes for a lot of running.

@katharmonic oooohhh Lindt truffles. Mmmmm 😋
  • tarun_yadavA
    Options
    Morning all. If yesterday in London was Beautiful... Today absolutely isn't. Got in 5 though
    ewme4h4unt72.png
  • martaindale
    Options
    @kgirlhart Waffles in his little hat is ADORABLE!!

@AlphaHowls Skittles is super cute! I can see why your mom likes him.

@polskagirl01 Congrats on hitting 100k this month. You're doing great on the road to recovery! And, another cat!! So many cute cat pics today. I hope this little stray ends up finding a place.
  • martaindale
    Options
    Sept total: 104.9/123 miles

9/1: 4 miles
    9/2: 5 miles
    9/4: 4.2 miles
    9/5: 5 miles
    9/6: 5.2 miles
    9/7: 3.2 miles
    9/8: 3 miles
    9/9: 5.2 miles
    9/12: 5 miles
    9/14: 4.8 miles
    9/15: 5 miles
    9/16: 3 miles
    9/17: 6.1 miles
    9/18: 3.8 miles
    9/19: 7.6 miles
    9/21: 6.5 miles
    9/22: 4.1 miles
    9/23: 8 miles
    9/24: 8 miles
    9/25: 2 miles
    9/26: 6.2 miles

Today, I tried the workouts function on my garmin for the first time. My plan called for 8x600 m repeats with 400 m recovery and a warm up / cool down. At home I have a pond loop that is 400 m so I usually do interval workouts with a manual lap, but I don't have access to that here so this seemed like a good chance to try out a function I've never used. Building the workout was really easy. I really liked that you could put in a pace target range for the intervals. Now to the run.

I went to the dam to do this workout as it is the only completely flat place in this area. The dam is 0.8 mi across, so plenty of distance to run without having to turn around too frequently. Here is the view just after I arrived and the sun was coming up.
    qlctdexr5wot.jpg

I ran the length of the dam for my warm up. My first interval was pretty close, but my watch was giving me a lot of pace too slow or too fast alarms. The next two were too slow by several seconds, but again my watch kept telling me that my Pace was too fast. The fourth through 8th intervals were basically spot on. I think it took a couple laps across the dam for the tracking to get a bit more accurate. I stopped getting pace alerts on my watch during these last ones. So, even though some of the early intervals were off target, I think that was mostly due to my watch struggling with the real time pacing rather than me struggling to hit pace.

Those intervals were tough. Most of my previous plans have used 400 m intervals or longer repeats, like mile. I'm not sure if I see 600 m repeats again during this plan. I think it goes up to 800 m next week and eventually to even longer ones as I progress further into training.
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Beautiful non-running photos @Teresa502 ! Love the porch and the porch protectors! I am envious of your yard. It is still green and the hills/mounds. Which state/country are you in?
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    Beautiful non-running photos @Teresa502 ! Love the porch and the porch protectors! I am envious of your yard. It is still green and the hills/mounds. Which state/country are you in?

I'm in the southwestern part of Virginia. Very close to Tennessee, Kentucky and West Virginia. Not too far from @quilteryoyo!