Less Alcohol ~ SEPTEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,557 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn. I live in Cranbrook BC.
    I joined this thread in November of 2018 as a daily drinker.
    I have found a sweet spot for myself, 16-20 AF days per month.
    I had 18 for August.
    I will be in Mexico for a good chunk of September and will definitely be having some Margaritas and possibly Cervezas.

I post in the mornings to MFP, so the next day for this thread.
    Diary style.

Sunday Sept 11 - AF - Planned AF for Monday and Tuesday. I arrive in LA at 3pm on Tuesday and staying there until Wednesday morning, where I depart for Zhihuatanejo. I may have a Margarita at a beach bar on Wednesday, we'll see. Packing up my laptop after this post, I will check back in on Thursday.
    Monday Sept 12 - AF - I have to get up at 2:30am to be at the airport for 4:30
    Tuesday Sept 13 - AF - Arrived in LA for the day and night. Met a very nice young man in the pool and had a good conversation
    Wednesday Sept 14 - 1 Margarita. Flight delay and forever getting through customs so I was late to the property. Turns out the beautiful cobblestone street that I thought that I would be living on was torn up and muddy with construction. Pretty much impossible for the cabby. Somehow got into my "bungalow" and back down the hill in the mud to a little place where I had a drink and took two containers to my room, one of rice, one of beans. (I see that the rest that I typed didn't go through because of wifi)
    Thursday Sept 15 - Cocktails on the beach
    Friday Sept 16 - Takeout cocktails - very very busy at all of the places because of the holiday, no seats
    Saturday Sept 17 - 2 Margaritas at a not busy little spot that I found on day 1 here, just a muddy hill to get to it. Brought some more containers of rice and beans back to my place from there.
    Sunday September 18 - Homemade Margaritas with my lime/orange thing. Pretty good. Planned AF for Monday so that when I wake up Tuesday for my birthday I will be raring to go and my belly will be flatter for spending the entire day in my bathing suit.
    Monday September 19 - AF - Not looking good for hitting my 16 this month. Planning drinks and dinner on the beach for my birthday if it isn't raining too much. Oh, no earthquake here btw, and I am up on a hill and in a cove if a tsunami does form. The quake was north of here. Once I got wifi lots of people messaged me to see if I was okay, I hadn't known that there had been a quake and didn't feel anything. Sunny and blue all day today, walked very far and also visited another beach, but took a micro (van sort of bus) back at 1pm too hot for such a long walk (only a few miles, but up and down very big hills in the sun), stopped in town for cash on hand for my bday, walked back from there, grabbed an awesome iced espresso then went to the pool until 4:30. The big rain started just after I got back to my room. Love it from my covered terrace.
    Tuesday September 20 - My bday. Drinks late afternoon, then Montezuma's revenge an hour later. Ice cubes? All good though, had a great day wandering, and then just the one bout that was over very quickly.
    Wednesday September 21 - Drinks (Margaritas), made by me with ice cubes that I made from bottled water.
    Thursday September 22 - AF - For no particular reason. - 6 more AF days in 8 days is doubtful, but I am actually okay with that. I hardly ever drink Margaritas, but they are so good with Mexican food that I don't feel like resisting at this point.

Rolling total: 10AF days out of 22 days.
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy There is no HR. She IS HR. She is the owner of the clinic, so she answers to no one and she knows it. So, the only option is to get out.
    Enjoy your massage! I’m planning Sunday as a “me” day!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm regressing in my grief. I suppose it isn't linear and I should expect to take 1 step forward and 2 steps back for awhile. I just want my person back. I drank alone tonight - not proud of it.

9/1-9/13 AF
    9/14 A
    9/15-9/19AF
    9/20 A

Sept totals AF - 18 A - 2

Oh big Internet hug to you! Grief is absolutely not linear. I’m so sorry you’re going through this.