Returner - Testing Premium! 👑

Hi All! So back in 2015 I was using MFP while doing Keto/Low Carb and found it really helpful - but life got busy and I couldn’t sustain the low carb as well as I’d have liked… plus renovating a house for a year had me lose the weight - stress is great for weight loss 😆
Anyway… years on and of course the weight piled back on.. comfort eating to combat new job stress didn’t help 🙈

So here I am - and have dived in to testing out the Premium subscription as it seems such a good deal. I tried Noom for 2 months and found it interesting - but the app (and ‘coaching’) was useless.
So here I am. Playing around with the features first, trying out a ‘Plan’ and will start my weight loss journey in earnest when I’m ready… little steps!
🤗

Replies

• JarheadSFMF
    JarheadSFMF Posts: 54 Member
    Welcome back! Keto/Primal/IF here and working on using the app more again
  • natalielosew
    natalielosew Posts: 36 Member
    Hi there! I am low carb/keto as well, and use the premium subscription. I tried for a few days without it but the carb counter alone is so so so worth it!

I lost about 40 lbs last fall/winter, and fell off the wagon when a few of my family members fell ill. I have been back on for a week now, down 4 lbs and feeling great! :) Feel free to add me if you are ever looking for extra encouragement or accountability!
  • Hi!
    I also was keto for 2 years lost 60lbs and then ... pandemic.... gained it all back, and just now trying to do everything in moderation.
  • ZermattNikki
    ZermattNikki Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you all for your replies and sorry for the delay in responding! I think I need to tweak my notifications…
    We have got this.. I know I need to ask questions and hear opinion so please let’s keep sharing!!
  • ekim64
    ekim64 Posts: 11 Member
    My doctor says I need to go on a low carb diet. How many carbs do you have a day?
  • Jacki916W
    Jacki916W Posts: 114 Member
    H! I too am on a keto diet... mostly because it just has to be that way to get the amount of protein my doctor is requiring I get.. I have to get 60g of protein in a day. That is really hard to do when so many foods out there don't have any protein in them. So for me, Keto is the best way to accomplish this. ekim64, you asked how many carbs do I have in a day? I do not let myself go over 20g of carbs a day and only 5g of sugar per meal. I have GREAT recipes I've found on YouTube and in Keto cookbooks and have even started making some of my own. There are so many alternatives out there to "normal" food that it isn't even funny - you just have to know what they are and where to find them. I wound up having to restock my pantry, cupboards, fridge and freezer because there was literally NOTHING in my house that fit my new lifestyle. It was like moving out on your own for the first time, having to stock everything from spices to staples and beyond. Of course not everyone has the money or knowledge to get it all done at one time. You may have to go in steps, baby-steps, to change your current supplies into keto supplies. Send me a friend request - this goes out to anyone - if you want support on your journey, have questions, and can offer me support too. If not, I wish you the very best and much success on your journey!
  • jo_kiwi
    jo_kiwi Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, totally new to this space...are you using premium for keto? or just 'regular' weight loss? I'm not yet sure how I'm going to approach things, so it would be great to hear how you go using it for 'regular' as well. I'm terrible a focusing on me, so always a challenge (or an excuse I use maybe?). thanks!