I've had gastric sleeve two years ago and I will talk about life after the sleeve.

Okay, hello everyone my name is Ahmed and I'm from Egypt, two years ago I was a smoker and I was almost 500 pounds and I did the sleeve and I lost a lot of weight after the sleeve like almost 250 pounds, but I did a diet and went to the gym regularly after, then I followed a very strict diet which was about 1200 calories a day and it was tiring and I suffered a lot and that resulted in me having binge eating disorders and I would super restrict then end up eating a lot of calories in one day but I'm trying to recover from this as of now, and months ago I started using MFP but not regularly like I would clock my food some days and some days not, but then I started clocking my food regularly also I stopped going to the gym, I tried to find a sport that I actually enjoy such as swimming or kayak riding or anything that involves meeting new people and living the adventure, anyways I'm happy to be a part of this community and I'm ready to answer to all your questions if there is any.

Replies

• mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 533 Member
    Welcome and great work you’ve done.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,336 Member
    I'm sure there are other sleeve patients on here, but regardless of how the weight is lost there is always an underlying psychological component to it.

There are a lot of people who have lost 100 or more pounds on this site, so they understand. There is a fairly active group here called Larger Losers, maybe read over there and/or join:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

My best advice is log all your food every day. Eat more than 1200, for sure. I assume you're male? Try eating more like 2000-2500; or whatever this site tells you to lose one pound per week. You'll still lose weight and hopefully that will quiet your intense need to eat. What you're describing is a very common problem created when someone restricts calories too much or for too long - or in your case, both. The binge/restrict needs to be controlled...you will create health problems at some point.

It may be time for you to eat at Maintenance for just a little while, too. Here's a good thread:
    (first page has all the good stuff, it's a long thread)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10604863/of-refeeds-and-diet-breaks/p1