Down 10 pounds in 14 days!

So, I'm in the military and I have semi-annual weigh-ins every 6 months.
Like most of us, COVID caused some weight gain. Well, I have to weigh-in in a a few days and I'm having to slough weight like a madman.

Since starting my new routine, I'm down 10lbs in 14 days... which is insane.
And it's not like it's even had.

10k steps a day? Check!
1500cal a day? Check!
96g protein a day? Check!
Intermittent Fasting (16:8)? Check!
64oz water a day? Check!

Seriously... it's almost like the "Eat less, move more" concept is working.

I love it!

Replies

• SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Umm... I'm 5'6", 130something lbs, and female, and I eat more calories and protein than that. Careful how you go!
  • amberchen86
    amberchen86 Posts: 55 Member
    I am down 10lbs in 20 days.It is fast.I eat 2000 to 2500 calories a day most of days.3000 or over when I have a lazy day or 2.180 gs of protein most days.It's hard to control how much a person loose in certain time.I just let my body do whatever it wants.I think eat less and move more for sure works.But I don't like to starve.Everyone is different.I am glad it works for you.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    Joining the military, needing to make weight periodically, and not being sensible in between weigh ins led to decades of yoyoing for me.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    Keep an eye out for early symptoms of the "lose weight too fast, get weak and fatigued, and maybe worse" concept.

That one isn't going to kick in for sure, but trust me (I'm experienced with it), it's as real as "eat less, move more, lose weight". Seems like if it happens for a service member, it might not be a great outcome, but I've never been in the military.