PB2

Options
13»

Replies

• KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've made shirataki noodle pad thai with pb2 before. http://www.pankates.com/2007/09/pb2-pad-thai.html
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    PB2 is alright, but like others have already said it's not as good as regular peanut butter or other spreads. I've used mine on apple slices & mixed the PB2 with Kind Granola. I've also used it on a Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich & will probably do what others have done & use it on oatmeal or cottage cheese.
  • klinger6395
    klinger6395 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    lol PB2 is for da squirrels .. get some butter up in there !!!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I really like the regular PB2. The chocolate one wasn't all that chocolatey to me. Imho it's a million times better than the Walden's Farms peanut butter.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I finally bought PB2 and meh...it is not bad at all, but I personally don't know that I will buy it again. We do not do a lot of smoothies or protein shakes, and that's about the only thing I REALLY like PB2 in. We put 4 TBSP of PB2 in the blender to make a smoothie (for two) with 2 frozen bananas, ice, 1/2 c milk and 1/4 c Greek yogurt, and it was a very good smoothie. It did give a nice peanut buttery flavor and we added no sweetener aside from the bananas.

I got the chocolate PB2 kind and I detect ZERO chocolate flavor in it, honestly.

I thought it was just ok mixed with a little water.

Just now, I tried mixing it with plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt and it was not bad but not that great. I thought of trashing it, but added a packet of artificial sweetener and that helped. I usually reserve artificial sweetener for coffee only, though, and I am in no rush to start eating it at other times.

Personally I will stick with natural peanut butter (Best Choice makes an awesome & inexpensive one that is just peanuts and salt). It is SO much cheaper and I am not using huge amounts of it.
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love PB2! I prefer using it in shakes, or flavoring things. I really like the chocolate in Yonanas (google it).
  • Careygirl1968
    Careygirl1968 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Love it for protein shakes! I use it with Body by Vi Sweet cream mix, Silk almond dark chocolate milk, and the PB2 - totally a Reese shake! It's also great mixed in with vanilla greek yogurt to make a dip for apples, etc. I'm not a fan of just using it to replace peanut butter - the texture just isn't right for that - however, had a friend that mixed it with some fruit only jam, and had said it worked great for a PBJ sandwich without all the calories. Had another friend that mixed just the powder with greek yogurt, and used that to replace the peanut butter in a cookie recipe -and said it was better than using regular peanut butter. Haven't tried either of those personally tho.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i use pb2 the same way i use regular peanut butter. on toast, by itself, on fruit, etc. my only problem is that its not sweet enough (lol) so i add half a packet of sweetener just to satisfy my tastes. i absolutely love it though
  • pbsue
    pbsue Posts: 12
    Options
    I like it sprinkled on cheerios. Add bananas or raisins.

Probably good on many cereals.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    rather have sawdust mixed with cat litter
    me too. I've tried it by the directions. then with less water.
    it just sogs through toast. Eeww to putting it in oatmeal or shakes.

Might just mix it with suet and seeds and put it in the bird-feeder!
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Have tried it, just mixed with the water as a peanut butter substitute... got tired of it (just not the same), but am thrilled to hear everyone's other uses. Will try it with oatmeal next! Thanks for a great post.
  • Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love it. I will never buy it again--too easy to go through the jar--just as I would with regular!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    It is a good substitute when you want a thick PBJ. I mix with water.
    :smile:
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've made shirataki noodle pad thai with pb2 before. http://www.pankates.com/2007/09/pb2-pad-thai.html

I wondered if it would be good in Sate and such,... how was it? :love:
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    the first time I tried it as a spread, I thought it was vomitous but I got over it. I mainly use it protein smoothies but don't mind it as much for a spread/dip now. I've yet to experiment with recipes yet, but that shirataki pad thai looks intriguing...
  • makeupbychristine
    Options
    Ill use it in some shakes/smoothies sometimes because it gives a decent peanut taste. But its aweful when you just mix it with water! haha