I remember..

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    @cowsfan12 and @Alinouveau2,
    We decided to raise our own 12 chickens this last spring for the first time ever. We get 8-10 eggs a day from them and I have to give them away...which co-workers and friends eagerly take! They are about $7.00 a dozen in WA state and I remember just this last spring they were about $3.00!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    ___Tams___ wrote: »
    I remember the day I told my Mom I was pregnant, she was 34 and I was 18. I'm 34 this year and it's crazy to think my Mom was a Nan at this age. Hopefully a good while yet for me 😆

My mum was 36 😬 and I was same when my daughter told me 🙂
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    We decided to raise our own 12 chickens this last spring for the first time ever. We get 8-10 eggs a day from them and I have to give them away...which co-workers and friends eagerly take! They are about $7.00 a dozen in WA state and I remember just this last spring they were about $3.00!

Yup same price here - I usually by 18 pk and they are around 9 smh
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Yup same price here - I usually by 18 pk and they are around 9 smh

The ones I bought yesterday were just under $3USD.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I remember when eggs were just eggs and not collectors items - however I gots me a farm plug hooking me up with 18pks $3 cheaper so suck on that big egg corp!’

Come to Canada eggs are still the same price they have always been. At least where I shop they are

Ain’t that some chit - on my way - have come biscuits waiting ?!

The biscuits are sooooo good. I'll have eclairs soon. Apparently the winter weather is making me want to bake stuff. (and I want a treat but recently had a good reaction which means I need to make everything from scratch to fix my system)
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,786 Member
    Options
    My parents cabin in Colorado.
    Had so much fun going up there when I was a kid.
    I met the most beautiful man I’d ever seen, up there, months before meeting my ex.
    I could hardly be pried off of him the whole time we were there.

After ex and I married we drove up there often.
    Our son was conceived up there. 😊
    A ski lodge opened up and it was a blast going up to ski in the winter, son learned when he was 5.
    I am good at snow plowing and turning right, that’s about it, lol.
    Riding snowmobiles, seeing mountain lions, bears, elk.
    It was fun hiking there in the summer too.

The snow stopped coming,
    they tried to keep up with snow machines but it just wasn’t enough.
    It closed. No more skiing.
    We quit going up when our son got older and never wanted to go.

My parents sold the cabin.
    Now I wish mom still had it.

• honey_honey_12
    Options
    Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.
    I remember when then bubble I lived in popped and the ugly became apparent.
    I’ve never really gotten over it.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    2zjajm01yylf.jpg
    I remember being in a grunge band in the 90's 😁

OMG! This is SO awesome! 🥰
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    When I was young enough that people I knew weren’t dropping dead every other month. 😢
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    When I was young enough that people I knew weren’t dropping dead every other month. 😢
    Sorry Honey. More funerals than weddings these days. 😢
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,919 Member
    Options
    talking about the leather slippers my family wore when I was a kid triggered a memory… There was a man named Patsy (Pasquale probably) who would travel around the whole neighborhood bringing clothes to show to the housewives for them to buy so they didn’t have to actually leave and go shopping. He had everything. House dresses and undergarments, stockings and shoes. I believe he actually owned a storefront that was pretty well frequented but this was a special service he provided. He would take their orders and then deliver them. He would bring new things to show them. The latest I remember him doing this was probably the late 1980s
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,090 Member
    Options
    talking about the leather slippers my family wore when I was a kid triggered a memory… There was a man named Patsy (Pasquale probably) who would travel around the whole neighborhood bringing clothes to show to the housewives for them to buy so they didn’t have to actually leave and go shopping. He had everything. House dresses and undergarments, stockings and shoes. I believe he actually owned a storefront that was pretty well frequented but this was a special service he provided. He would take their orders and then deliver them. He would bring new things to show them. The latest I remember him doing this was probably the late 1980s

Are you sure you didn’t mean 1880’s and that you’re a time traveler?
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited July 2023
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Right? Doesn’t it seem very old Timey? All I can tell you is that it was New York City and they were immigrants so that probably makes the difference

Also I think my sister got her first bra from Patsy
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,090 Member
    Options

Right? Doesn’t it seem very old Timey? All I can tell you is that it was New York City and they were immigrants so that probably makes the difference

My explanation is more probable. I have some time periods I would like to visit next time you get the flux capacitor fixed.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

My explanation is more probable. I have some time periods I would like to visit next time you get the flux capacitor fixed.
    I wish I were funny and clever like you. But yes I would travel through time with you if you behave yourself
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited July 2023
    Options

Also I think my sister got her first bra from Patsy

OK I got the lowdown from my sister. Apparently he would have most of his stuff delivered to Pats shoe outlet but he would keep it in the back of his station wagon. But Pat’s shoe outlet was not actually his store. They were just doing him a favor I guess

• honey_honey_12
    edited August 2023
    Options
    When I cared
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    When I cared

Well, good news.....or maybe bad, depends on what you cared about. If you you spend time thinking about when you cared, usually means you still do. Not caring most times mean no thought about it.
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    In highschool.... having to remind my teacher to teach because she was gossiping about her friend she went on vacation with. She was dragging her friend because she ran out of underwear to wear, so she turned them inside out. And apparently that was something to rant about to the class. 🤌