I remember..

Options

Replies

• always_smilin_D
    always_smilin_D Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I remember when I was a kid- my mom, sis, and I would enjoy an awesome thansgiving dinner and hen wuld get in the car and visit all my aunts.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    I remember howling at the moon every time I saw a full moon as a kid. Admittedly, I still do but it’s usually under my breath bc the world can’t know I am like this… a…. beast! Rawr uwu
    Anyway, it’s toasty in here and I’m consuming toast
    delectable
    Respectable
    I also remember eating carrots like a bunny and my siblings and I would race each other for who could nibble the fastest. 🤦🏻‍♀️ And of course the obligatory bugs bunny “what’s up doc?”
    Space jam changed my life
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    The Christmas lights & displays in Howard Beach
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I remember driving down a country road clear dark night when I spotted the moon being full and bigger than I had ever seen it before and it seemed to be a beckon asking me to follow it as it moved across the sky. I actually did just drive in it's direction for a while, keeping it pretty much as forward as roadways allowed. As I did, I wondered where I would end up if I just continued to drive that way until the moon set.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,148 Member
    Options
    c3l1km1si74p.gif
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    When piss & crap were curse words
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

Ya ever notice most curse words are four letters?
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited November 2022
    Options

Ya ever notice most curse words are four letters?

Yes. When I was in Elementary school I read a book called cute is a four letter word and it was about a girl named Clara who decided to have year of the Clara and she became a cheerleader or something and then dated the Jock and she had a cousin named Halcyon who looked like a model on her day off
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,472 Member
    Options
    I remember my grandfather keeping a batch of sourdough yeast alive in his fridge. Every time we'd visit, he'd make sourdough pancakes and sourdough grilled cheese sandwiches.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I remember when my sourdough starter became too much of an obligation so I killed it
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I remember that Wednesday morning when everything felt so perfect in my world. I want more of those days.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    I remember my 7th grade crush, *Greg, telling my bff "he wouldn't touch me with a 10 foot pole."

I remember running into *Greg in a bar when I was 21, he bought me a drink and I declined. As I was leaving I stopped and asked him if he knew who I was, he said "No, should I?" I smiled and walked away.

*Name was not changed to protect privacy
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I remember my 7th grade crush, *Greg, telling my bff "he wouldn't touch me with a 10 foot pole."

I remember running into *Greg in a bar when I was 21, he bought me a drink and I declined. As I was leaving I stopped and asked him if he knew who I was, he said "No, should I?" I smiled and walked away.

*Name was not changed to protect privacy

We hate greg
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,148 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Redacted
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    My wife considers "snow" a 4-letter cuss word.

I totally agree with your wife!!
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Peachesnstuff's memory reminded me that I learned at an early age about life and death of pets and people. But it never got any easier!
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options
    nsk1951 wrote: »
    Peachesnstuff's memory reminded me that I learned at an early age about life and death of pets and people. But it never got any easier!

It doesn't. Even if you're prepared for it.