I remember..

Options

Replies

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,070 Member
    Options
    I remember the time I visited the high school I went to for grades 10-12. It was so different than the one I went to for 9th. That school was huge. Had daily fights, sometimes multiple. To walk into a school taught by mostly hippies who we called by their first name, no school bells, couches in some classes, kids sitting in the hall during a free hour playing guitar or cards or napping, eclectic mix of kids who got along or tolerated each other well, zero violence tolerance policy,….it was surreal. And an amazing 3 years. It’s left a lasting impression.
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I remember the time I visited the high school I went to for grades 10-12. It was so different than the one I went to for 9th. That school was huge. Had daily fights, sometimes multiple. To walk into a school taught by mostly hippies who we called by their first name, no school bells, couches in some classes, kids sitting in the hall during a free hour playing guitar or cards or napping, eclectic mix of kids who got along or tolerated each other well, zero violence tolerance policy,….it was surreal. And an amazing 3 years. It’s left a lasting impression.

I love this
  • MelG7777
    Options

I love this

Both public schools in the same district too💗
  • MelG7777
    Options
    The movie “Mannequin”

😳
  • MelG7777
    Options
    Teaching my MIL to crochet at her chemo appts. Rubbing her cracked feet with homemade balm as she lay dying. Taking turns swabbing her dry mouth. Charting the meds we gave to ease her suffering. We all sitting round her bed chatting and suddenly noticing the change in her breathing. She died on New Year’s Day 2000. She never got to meet my children. I think she would have adored them. They are so much like her. I think she would be proud of the life we’ve made.
    I’m sure she is very proud. And I’m sorry for your loss. I’m sure you were all extremely comforting to her during those last days.💗
  • MelG7777
    Options
    I’ve been making myself listen to old music on Sundays. I’m getting sick of the music I’ve been listening to lately. But hearing Mary J Blige made me remember when I saw her during Summerfest. Back in high school or soon after. She was VERRRRRRRY late. And when she came out it was bad. Drunk or high or both. My friend and I kept looking at each other giving a “what in the ACTUAL F is happening” look. It was too loud to really talk about while it was happening. I don’t remember details but it was alarming. And it made me happy for her that she got her life together after that.
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    Teaching my MIL to crochet at her chemo appts. Rubbing her cracked feet with homemade balm as she lay dying. Taking turns swabbing her dry mouth. Charting the meds we gave to ease her suffering. We all sitting round her bed chatting and suddenly noticing the change in her breathing. She died on New Year’s Day 2000. She never got to meet my children. I think she would have adored them. They are so much like her. I think she would be proud of the life we’ve made.
    I’m sure she is very proud. And I’m sorry for your loss. I’m sure you were all extremely comforting to her during those last days.💗
    Thanks. She was a strong, opinionated, classy, creative, interesting person. I wish I had had her for longer.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,223 Member
    Options
    All these serious posts, and here I was gonna post how I remember when my favorite NFL team was actually good, seems like a lifetime ago...
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited November 2022
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    All these serious posts, and here I was gonna post how I remember when my favorite NFL team was actually good, seems like a lifetime ago...

I remember the 1994 New York Rangers and never having to hear 1940 ever again 😂
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,611 Member
    Options
    I remember remembering something to post on this thread when I was out on my walk this morning but totally couldn't remember what it was by the time I got home.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,685 Member
    Options
    I remember believing in
    Santa Claus.
    I remember the excitement I felt on Christmas Eve, telling my dad to be sure to put out the fire in the fireplace! I worried about that.
    It was truly magical for those few years as a child.
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    I remember my I think, 11th grade english teacher. Mmmmm cargo kakis pants. Yep. He always had a smile on his face and a leader attitude. One time as I was drooling over him from the back row his face got all serious as he was reading and I wasn’t used to seeing him serious. .. ..
    Moral of the story is merely that I had a huge crush on him.
    I wrote an erotic story about him years later that I posted to a public forum. I hope he never came across that bc o m g would I die. Ancient history though at this point.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,611 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a crush but my favorite teacher in 8th and 9th grade. was my history teacher. I still remember so much about him. The car he drove, his wife's name, his license plate (no, I didn't stalk him. It was a small school. :)). He looked like Bruce Jenner and his moto for test taking was, "When in doubt, pick farming."

He was just really cool. Let me do a history report on the Beatles and go through his wallet. I DON'T KNOW WHY HE DID THAT OR WHY I WANTED TO!!

We did have a substitute for a few days that was really hot. :)
  • OpheliaCooter
    edited November 2022
    Options

glassyo wrote: »
    I didn't have a crush but my favorite teacher in 8th and 9th grade. was my history teacher. I still remember so much about him. The car he drove, his wife's name, his license plate (no, I didn't stalk him. It was a small school. :)). He looked like Bruce Jenner and his moto for test taking was, "When in doubt, pick farming."

He was just really cool. Let me do a history report on the Beatles and go through his wallet. I DON'T KNOW WHY HE DID THAT OR WHY I WANTED TO!!

We did have a substitute for a few days that was really hot. :)

Why were the subs either the hottest people alive or your grandmother/father??? No in between
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    I remember that green bean casserole is gross
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options

I think you might be mis-remembering -
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Fresh crisp green beans sautéed in olive oil with lots of garlic, sliced almonds, and a bit of salt. That’s how you eat green beans 😃
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Fresh crisp green beans sautéed in olive oil with lots of garlic, sliced almonds, and a bit of salt. That’s how you eat green beans 😃

What no butter or bacon grease or crumbled bacon - eh - I’ll give yours a shot -