I remember..

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I remember walking into the Liberty Lounge with 75¢ gripped in my sweaty little hand, approaching the cigarette machine in the corner, & buying my mom a pack of Belair.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I remember my driving instructor asking me perverted questions while I was taking my road test. I drove right through two stop signs bc he had me so anxious and scared.

He passed me...then my Dad had his *kitten* fired
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,611 Member
    Options
    I remember the spaghetti that was on the plate one second and gone the next.

(It wasn't a lot but there's a whole pot of it in the other room and I'm probably the only one who will eat it and I don't think we have a container big enough for me to feed the homeless with the rest.)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,611 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I was at a cousins wedding last year. 2 of my aunts sisters came up and talked to me. One sister said “It’s great to see you, last time I saw you your were ‘this tall’🫳.” We’ve seen each other within the last year or two prior. (And no she’s not elderly and forgetful yet that I know of). The other sister says something like “wow you look great. Your breasts are all out, but in a classy way”💀

😂I actually love that form of “no filter”. It was a fun wedding reception.

Consider this stolen.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,070 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    I was at a cousins wedding last year. 2 of my aunts sisters came up and talked to me. One sister said “It’s great to see you, last time I saw you your were ‘this tall’🫳.” We’ve seen each other within the last year or two prior. (And no she’s not elderly and forgetful yet that I know of). The other sister says something like “wow you look great. Your breasts are all out, but in a classy way”💀

😂I actually love that form of “no filter”. It was a fun wedding reception.

Consider this stolen.

😂it’s a good line, right?
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,684 Member
    Options
    I remember exactly when I snapped and I remember exactly how I felt at the time.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I remember exactly when I snapped and I remember exactly how I felt at the time.

me too, even though for me it was over 50 years ago. some things are just never forgotten.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,222 Member
    Options
    That one time I couldn't think of an immediate response, never forgotten...where I parked today, already gone...
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    I remember when cable television finally came to Oklahoma.
    We were so excited.

I also remember when MTV first came on.
    Actual music videos were played.
    If I remember right I was in my 20s.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I Remember covered wagons
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    I Remember covered wagons

I’m surprised you remember 😂
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,222 Member
    Options
    I remember when my father purchased this brand-new kitchen device called a "microwave" and the way my mother HATED the thing.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I remember going on holidays to my grandparents holiday house at Lake Conjola. The whole family.. mum, dad, sister, brother, nana, pa, uncle, aunt, 4 cousins and great Aunt and uncle. It was awesome, nana would walk us all down to the little corner shop for an ice cream most evenings. There was usually a small fair on at the same time that we went each year. We'd swim on the lake side.. our faces covered in zinc cream and Nana would buy us the ugliest straw hats to wear at the beach.. man I hated those 😂
    It was there I got my very first whistle at 13..( I was well developed for 13😬) I was so embarrassed because my nana was walking with me.. she teased me mercilessly. 😂
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Today I once again remember my dad. Papa would have celebrated 104 birthdays today. And someone posted about family trips (thanks) which reminded me of back in 1954 my dad was on a search for land to farm. Every weekend he would pile us into his DeSoto and off we'd go; living in the car for the whole 2 days as he drove all over neighboring states to check the area and see the farm land. Somehow, we eventually ended up in Western New York.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,070 Member
    Options
    I remember the times (multiple) that I recorded the wrong girl during ballet performances because they all look so uniform. The nutcracker is coming up. I sure hope I get it mostly right this time. I’ll have 3-4 performances to figure it out.