Barcode scanner

Options

Answers

• HeyHoHeather
    HeyHoHeather Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Couldn't agree more! They don't even have a database worthy of the cost they are charging. More than half the entries are user-input with typos and wrong info.
    I will be switching to another app, even if they don't offer scanning, just so that I don't support MFP anymore.
  • Aquarius21
    Aquarius21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been with MFP for 18 years and suddenly they are trying to force people to buy a membership which is ridiculous!! I don't use all the features but now as of tomorrow I won't be able to use bar code scanner which occasionally I use. Of course I don't need it BUT at 18 years things SHOULD NOT get taken away!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    It's not quite that suddenly I think. But a major reason is probably the new owner of the app since late 2020.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Yeah, I had no idea they were taking away the scan option until this morning when I tried to use it. What complete f*$%ing b@llsh*t!

I'm pissed off enough that I'm inclined to switch to another app and pay for it instead of this one.
  • mjdrisc5
    mjdrisc5 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    You’re basically asking me to pay $80 a year or $20 a month for something I have been using for free for years… screw you. If I wanted membership and all the bells and whistles that come with it, I would have become a member years ago. Don’t make yourself out to be more than you are, MFP.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Good luck! In case anyone still cares I track my calories and other things using LoseIt. Their free version still has a barcode scanner

That's what I use to track everything too

It really works! Too bad I can’t get a date there

I track calories on Tinder and date here.

I tried swiping right...apparently that's part of premium now too.
  • TheMsKitten1
    TheMsKitten1 Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I am throughly disappointed that after 5 years of being on this app they have decided to charge me in order to use the scan In food option. For that reason I will not use this app and I will find another way even if I have to keep a paper journal.
  • Powellowl2020
    Powellowl2020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Came here for the same reason...If I'm going to pay to use a barcode scanner I'll just go back to Macrostax...
  • bundite
    bundite Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Suddenly bar code scanner is not available unless I pay for premium. Terrible unexpected change.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Lol, so rather than just looking up the food in the internal food list on the diary, you'd rather write it down. There's a reason why many don't reach goals.............sometimes that extra step is just too much for them in their heads. It's one extra step and you already stated you'd WRITE IT DOWN so what's the difference?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • DudeOfHockey
    DudeOfHockey Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    The barcode scanner doesn't even have good accuracy. Why charge for something that has a poor database?
  • Smurfygirl12
    Smurfygirl12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Trash move making the bar code scanner a premium feature. You'll lose a lot of users for that move. I hate to lose my streak, but it might be time to research a new health app. Shame on you Myfitnesspal.
  • smharris532
    smharris532 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Are they seriously moving Scan Barcode to the premium service? That is horrible. I am not paying 20 a month for that .
  • toddmike1964
    toddmike1964 Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Good bye MFP
  • jesusmata1124
    jesusmata1124 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do not plan on going to the premium because the free version does everything I need it to do. Lately I can no longer scan barcodes because the fitness app wants me to sign up for premium. If this continues, I will have to chose another macro app and I really would hate that since I’ve used this app for over 2 years.
  • zzzzero
    zzzzero Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I've been using myfitnesspal for close to ten years. Now I'm about to say farewell after they put up a pay wall in front of the scanner. That feature was so important to me. Really turned me off from your company. End of an era
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    As of today, barcode scanning is a privilege one must pay for.

• West61795
    West61795 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I’m so frustrated that MFP has chosen to make the barcode premium. I have really enjoyed using MFP. As much as I enjoy the scan barcode option, it’s not worth the convenience for $79+ dollars. Sadly, I’ll probably be looking for a new app. Such a disappointment!!!
  • moonspinr
    moonspinr Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I’m offended. I’ve been using MFP for almost a decade. This is crap!
This discussion has been closed.