Daily Accountability Challenge!

Options

Replies

• SeleneMoon333
    SeleneMoon333 Posts: 62 Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi everyone. I took a bit of a break for the last week from tracking & mfp & calorie counting, but I'm back and hoping that by the end of Feb, I'll be where I was a couple weeks ago. Then March is long, and warmer, and more active in the garden, (the garden Center down the block had a sign saying 25 days til spring (I think their spring fest, as my count is 4 weeks from today)) so, as long as I track & hydrate, March looks good.

Renovation is still creeping along. Haven't heard from main guy in a while & his main worker cracked the sink of the new vanity (it's a known issue with this model) while it was just sitting in place, not yet installed, by dropping the new medicine cabinet on it as it was installed. So have to wait awhile for the new one to ship. But the walls are rebuilt, painted, and the flooring is installed. Basically just need some plumbing fixtures installed and it's *finally* done.

3 positives: 1) while I broke my streak with mfp, not so with coding; 2) got back on mfp 3) restarted better hydration
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    @SeleneMoon333 Welcome back!

I had a good day yesterday.
    1) Got to see my daughter start another volleyball season (1st practice was yesterday)
    2) Went to our first ladies bible study for the spring. I love seeing all the ladies and getting to talk with them.
    3) Managed to eat really low throughout the day so that when I arrived at bible study I didn't have to worry too much about the lack of options at the dinner. I do wish they had healthier options with the dinners though. They had subway footlongs cut in thirds, chips and cookies. I had a turkey with lettuce, tomato, red onion and red wine vinegar, half a serving of chips and about an hour later went back for a single cookie.

I also caught a glimse of what the menu will be in two weeks. Chicken Corn Chowder (I know the recipe being used.... it's so high), cornbread and fruit salad. At least I can plan now to have maybe half a serving of soup and the fruit. We'll see how it goes. I have 2 weeks until that's an issue.

Tonight I am going to a movie event. The film is free but I still need to buy my snacks from the theater. I'm planning to get the kids snack tray so that I get popcorn without the temptation to go nuts on a big bucket. I have no control with a big bucket of popcorn.

Thursday I'm hosting my big book club at home and Friday is my monthly movie night that I host. I'm thinking I'm going to make my healthy brownie batter dip for both so I can have a good go to snack no matter what other people bring. Maybe. I just need to have good options.
  • Janene5
    Janene5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not dead and I haven't quit. It's just that really busy time at work and I can't seem to find the time to write. I will check in here and there to say hello and be a little accountable. I have lost 16+ pounds so far and I seem to have found a rhythm. So, as was popular to say in the 70's, everything is Groovy here :D
    I hope everyone is well and seeing great results. Have a great day everyone!
  • Janene5
    Options
    3 things before my day goes crazy!
    1. down a total of 18.1lbs.
    2. feel like its getting easier to say no
    3. I'm spending more time on my stationary bike in VR. i love riding through virtual worlds the time flies by.

me and hubby in our MetQuest2 headsets. that should wake everyone up lolzah85mj1tj5v.jpg
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    @Janene5 I love those headsets so much. :D<3

My 3 things from yesterday:
    1) I got to go see a movie for FREE!!!! Any free event tends to make me really happy.
    2) I kept myself to the kids tray, 2 mini chocolates given to everyone at the event, and a 100 calorie pack of rice cakes from my friend. I ate slowly and it lasted throughout almost the entire film.
    3) I prepped my next 2 blogs. Other than some tweeks I'm all set for next week and two weeks after that. It's rare to be that far ahead for me on my blog recipes. Now to figure out what recipe will be next.

• pamperedlinny
    Options
    I have my 3 things for yesterday!

1) Hosted the large book club. We had hoped to do a bon fire and sit outside but then it rained. We squeezed in my living room and loved having all the ladies here.
    2) Even with book club I ended my day below 1300 calories. Planning in advance for events is working for me.
    3) We saw my husband's cardiologist. There are a lot of "possible" things for the future but we have a 3 month window of him trying to lose some weight. I really liked the doctor so that made me feel pretty good about everything for the moment.
  • Janene5
    Options
    Today
    1 it's Friday. I made it! Hubby has been out of town all week.
    2 I stayed on track all week.
    3 my biggest problem is having too many calories left at the end of the day. A problem I never thought I'd have. I'm calling it good for the moment!
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies I have been missing in action. Super moody and not on track. As of today putting myself back on. Having a tough Feb but looking forward to March. Love reading your posts.
  • Janene5
    Options
    @DawnCumm we've all been there. As long as you continue to start over 😁
  • Janene5
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for
    1 grocery pick up lol
    2 I had a wonderful morning taking my fur babe into all the stores she likes. Local pet store, Petsmart, and Lowes. She's miss personality and made a young lady with challenges very happy to see the "big doggy"
    3 my hubby said he thought my face was thinner after being gone all week.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Hey all! I have had a busy but great weekend so far.

My 3 things from Friday:
    1) Hosted my monthly movie night. Love those ladies so much.
    2) Only ate 400 calories before movie night so I could really enjoy the pot luck offerings without stressing over my calories.
    3) Allowed my friend, who had too much to drink, pick my outfit for church this morning. I'm hoping she remembers doing it so when I see her this morning it is funny.

My 3 things for Saturday:
    1) Went to a massive warehouse book sale. This was only the 2nd time they did an open to the public sale and I got so much good stuff.
    2) Bought gifts for my husband (upcoming Father's Day & birthday), daughter, neighbor, mom, dad, book cub and another friend. Plus for myself so many new books. I went with one of my closest friends and we enjoyed being together for 5 hours surrounded by our favorite things.
    3) Went and had a visit with a former neighbor who has been going through some serious medical stuff for a while. Sat with her for about 4 hours to catch up, have some dinner, and mostly remind her that she can call any time she needs a hand. She's a lot older than I am but usually super active. Not being able to work, walk longer distances, or eat easily has really hit her down some. She needed that visit even if she kept saying she was fine.

Today is church, pick up 3 things from the grocery store, planning to read those new books with my daughter, and otherwise taking it easy. Have a great Sunday!!!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Happy Sunday Night!

1) I got to take a nap this afternoon.
    2) I made a plan with 2 ladies I love at church so we can have lunch together in a couple weeks.
    3) I used up some leftovers today and repurposed them into tasty dishes for lunch and dinner.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    It's so quiet again!

My 3 positive things for yesterday were:
    1) Got to see my daughter and husband off to thier annual Daddy Daughter Date Night at Chick-Fil-A. They have gone 4 years in a row.
    2) My most recent blog recipe dropped this morning! Since this one is vegetarian if you switch from beef brother to vegetable broth I hope you ladies like it. https://www.healthyeatingwithlinda.com/post/farro-stuffed-tomatoes
    3) I got an invite to the RomanceCon that will be in my area. One of the authors is a friend and we're going to get a bunch of us an AirBNB nearby and make it a fun girls weekend. The event isn't until October but we're already in planning mode.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am poking around a bit. Frustrated with my weight gain but all my fault. Eating Olive Garden right now, so maybe I focus on food starting Monday. OG will last for multiple meals. :#
  • sista67
    sista67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'd like to join in with your challenge. A little about me. I'm 55, and have 65 lbs to loose. About 12 years ago I lost 100lbs. and over the past 3 years gains 65 back. Ugh. I can't believe I'm back here again. It's like I knew what was happening but couldn't stop. Anyway, it is what it is. Now deal with it.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Welcome @sista67

@DawnCumm at least you're making it into multiple meals and not eating it all at once.

Yesterday I planned to have an easy day without much going on other than my daughter's volleyball game. Instead, I hit our local thrift store for their big annual clean out sale, volleyball game, lunch at McDonald's with friends, taking the kids roller skating, and then ended the day with a backyard bon fire. I managed to stick to all my calorie boundaries all day. McDonald's had me eating a happy meal. Roller rink snacks had me eating a giant deli pickle instead of nachos. Bon fire snacks had me in some popcorn instead of smores. All things I like and enjoy so I didn't really miss out so much as realigned my thoughts and choices.

Today we went to church, I can't home and killed off some leftovers. I did promise to make my family a homemade pizza tonight so I'll save some calories for that.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Good morning all!

I hosted my book club last night and was so glad because that meant I had some control over the snacks. Instead of just one of two things I put out a whole spread and just let the other stuff brought suppliment. That meant I had veggies, pretzels, light dip, cheese, etc. I still had some dessert and chips but it certainly helped me keep to my food boundaries to have the lighter options mixed in.

Tonight I will go to my Ladies Bible Study at church and, unfortunately, that means I have zero control over the dinner served. I did get my hands on the menu and it isn't light by any means. It's a chicken corn chowder and corn bread and dessert. I've seen the recipes by these ladies. It's sooo good but so not good for you. I'll just have to keep my calories lower through the day and maybe have a small snack an hour before the dinner so I can keep myself in check easier. It's always good to strive for a plan.

I'm pretty sure tomorrow night I don't have any firm or set plans. I'm really looking forward to staying home without any visitors and trying to relax a bit.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Hey all!!!

I survived bible study dinner within all my boundaries!!!! It was hard, not going to lie. Then I came home and had a protein shake since I was still a bit hungry.

Tonight I get to stay home and I think my evening plan is going to include a buble bath. I need a night off.
  • Janene5
    Options
    @pamperedlinny I'm still here. Still watching and counting. Thank you for asking! 'm just not very good at remembering to comment each day.
    1. It feels great to have your Dr. get excited for your accomplishments.
    2. I have never felt as motivated as I do right now, even though I'm in a plateau.
    3. My a1c is down!