Daily Accountability Challenge!

Options
61Dawn22
61Dawn22 Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2022 in Challenges
I need help to stay with this! I'm 61 and 315lbs. I just re-started MFP and today is day one. Looking for a support system that will help me stay motivated and in return help you. I'v ordered a fit bit to help me stay on top of things,downloaded the app and have an eating and a walking plan to follow. I'm looking for like minded folks to record and voice their daily efforts and stuggles here with me, and together we can do this.

Day one: Good Day! 315lbs and starting, Oct 12, 22

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Good morning @christmashillofficecleaning - I have tried to put in place rules for myself (not hard and fast, just guidelines really) to not eat after 8pm and go to bed by 10pm. I used to snack until I went to bed so giving myself a stop time has really helped with that. I still do it but only if I'm really still hungry or if I really truly crave something. It stops me from eating at night when I'm just bored.

This morning I missed my walk because my daughter had a "hair emergency" and nearly missed the bus. So all my pre-bus stop stuff had to get done afterwards and messed up my schedule. However, I'm still going to walk at my lunch hour and I'm planning to hit the gym while my daughter is at her volleyball practice tonight.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Checking in for this morning! I managed to hit 20,000 steps on my fitbit yesterday. I won't get nearly that many today as I have an event tonight but I'll aim for 8,000 to 10,000. Since the event is a Chick-Fil-A tonight I need to start making choices... do I want to do an extra workout and get in that fried chicken sandwich or do I want to relax a bit and get the salad.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Hey @DawnCumm - I hope checking in regularly will help you going forward!

I forgot to bookmark this thread and so lost it untilI saw the reply on it today. @christmashillofficecleaning how are you doing so far in November?

So far I'm mostly sticking to plan. I had a few slips over Halloween weekend but so far this week I've been on track. :smile:
  • denise654
    denise654 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sending you good vibes, hoping that you are off to a great start in November!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Yesterday was a really great day! I ate all within plan, had about 17,000 steps and slept well. Hopefully today can be just as good.
  • EvaW1977
    EvaW1977 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    We all need support at times, or we wouldn't be on here. This app has helped me tremendously. But I still have an off day. Today had been it for me. I already went over on my fat and sugar goal. ☹️ But that's my own fault. I usually try to log in my food first to help me decide "should I really eat this". I've been doing the opposite so far, and it's not even dinner time. Having a sick kid at home really throws a monkey wrench in routines.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Doing ok, not great.....hubs made pizza last night....and I LOVE pizza! so back to no carbs (or less) today. glad to see some of the comments, come on ladies we can do this!!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    I did great most of yesterday but then I slid when we went out last night. I ate the leftovers for breakfast. Ugh. Fresh start tomorrow morning.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    I did great yesteday. Stayed on track, didn't go over my calorie budget, didn't feel like I was starving and had over 14,000 steps logged that included an early morning video workout, a 20 minute lunch Zumba session and an evening mini hike.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    Yesterday was tough but I did stay within my calories and I did not drink any wine!!! Big one for me! LOL Raining like cray here, which is wonderful, so may make some hot/sour soup to warm me up. Hubs already made some Quorn wontons (so if I eat 3 or 4 of those) that will take a fair amount of calories today. Keep it up ladies!!!! My weigh in day is Thursday, I don't lose most the time, just maintaining but I would like to lose 15 or 20 more, 103 lbs so far but very little the last year.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    Finally book marked this so I can find it more easily. Two full days with no slip ups, that is GOOD for me! Hope you ladies keep this up, love reading how everyone is doing.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Hey all!!!! I had ladies bible study last night. For me this is usually a big downfall day because I don't know what is for dinner before I go and half the time it's something really heavy. Last night was no different. I went in to find creamy chicken casserole, buttered rice, green beans cooked with bacon and potato and Krispy Kreme donuts. I TOTALY STUCK TO MY CALORIES!!! I had just a few bites of casserole, only a small scoop of rice, loaded on green beans but skipped the potato pieces and then only a half a donut. I drank water with dinner and peppermint tea with my half donut. It might not seem like a big deal but to me keeping my big plate only half full, trying everything but keeping my portions reasonable and small, keeping my calories in check.... those are something I struggle with in social settings. This is especially true at church events where the other ladies are cooking for us.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    Wow, that is a great job Pam (Is it Pam?) congratulations, you should be so proud! I know when I am faced with things I love I cave, often. I did pretty well yesterday, stuck to my plan but did not get exercise. Today I did an hour at the gym, having a protein shake as I type and planning a broth based soup for lunch (hot / sour soup I made) and roasted cauliflower and Quorn (similar to chicken) for dinner. I feel good about today and planning to exercise at home tomorrow. I am so happy to have this accountability chat, thank you all for contributing.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Hey all! I have a chili cookoff to attend today and my friend coming in from out of town this weekend. I'm going to try and stick closer to maintenance instead of killing myself about being under for a few days. If I go over it won't be the end of the world but I'll try to keep myself in check. I really need to learn self control in those times when I'm hanging out and going out over and over in a short period. This weekend will certainly test how well I do with that.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    Enjoy the weekend and chili cookoff, we have to allow ourselves to participate in fun life events! I am soooo disappointed, I really thought I was going to lose something this week. I weighed in and gained and I have been exercising every day and eating within my calories. My body just won't go down from where I am......a super long term stall. Going to spend some time looking and ways to break a plateau. bummed but will keep truckin. BTW, where is the original Dawn that posted this, come on @61Dawn22 we are here for you. Had to vent, now I have to get my %$#@ together.
  • abqdawn
    abqdawn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I too am on a journey to improve my health and lose weight. I struggle with snacking and wanting to start my day with cookies and coffee. If anyone has a suggestion for a more healthy breakfast bar or something that's easy to pack and go, I'd love to hear more.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    abqdawn wrote: »
    Hello Everyone! I too am on a journey to improve my health and lose weight. I struggle with snacking and wanting to start my day with cookies and coffee. If anyone has a suggestion for a more healthy breakfast bar or something that's easy to pack and go, I'd love to hear more.

@abqdawn I rarely eat before 10am anymore. I found that if I go too long without eating, like noon, I don't feel very well but I also don't eat as many calories in the day if I can start later. So that's why 10am-ish. When I do grab breakfast though I like to mostly have a Jimmy Dean turkey sausage pattie or two on a Joseph's Flax, Wheat & Oat pita with a bit of sriracha. I'll also make a shake with almond milk, half scoop of protein powder and frozen fruit. Sometimes I'll even add some sugar free pudding mix or a dash of Jordan's Skinny Syrups for added flavors. I also really like the Kind Almond Butter Breakfast Protein Bars. Sometimes if I'm really in a rush a package of Lance Peanut Butter Crackers will even do the job.

You could also meal prep some quick breakfasts. I have been known to also put together a little snack box if I know I'm going to be on the road. Fruit, nuts, a cheese stick and slim jim are my fastest go to or something like these boxes would be a great option that you can customize. https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2019/02/healthy-grab-and-go-protein-breakfast-boxes.html

I can't eat things like oatmeal or more carb heavy breakfasts without a good dose of protein. Whenever I do my blood sugar spikes then plummets and I'll feel shaky and unsteady until I've leveled my blood sugar off.