Daily Accountability Challenge!

Options

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I mostly stayed within my calories all of the long weekend. I just didn't really exercise a lot. I did take a short hike on Saturday with my friend... but it was really 2 adult women, 3 children ranging from 9 years old to 2 years old and 2 daushounds. We hiked on a very easy trail for about 45 minutes and really enjoyed getting out in the fresh air. No other real exercise from Friday thru Sunday though.

I'm getting back on track fully today. I did a 25 minute workout this morning, plan to walk at lunchtime today and hope I can get to Zumba tonight at the gym.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Went back to the gym today after two weeks off, wow I really needed that! I will be away the 1st and 2nd of December but will definitely start our challenge. We weigh in before I leave on the 1st. :#
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    I didn't get to my Zumba class last night because my neighbor had an emergency and I went to help. All is well though now. That said I still had a 25 minute workout before work, a lunch time walk with my neighbor and hit over 10,000 steps. My calories weren't too bad and my weight hasn't moved all week... but that's ok. I've been at this long enough to know hitting a wall, especially when it's holiday season, isn't a bad thing. As long as I don't gain a bunch back I can live with that.

I hope you enjoy your time away!!!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

I was super tired and out of sorts most of yesterday. Honestly, I'm tired again today. I'm not really sure what that's about but I'll get through it. Today I see one of my doctors so I'm hoping that goes well. Don't really have any big new concerns but still... it's always a bit of a thing wondering if the doctor will have anything new to say.

I hit my step goal again yesterday and while I did have an extra piece of pizza yesterday I still stayed at maintence so I'm happy with that.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    Hope the dr appt goes well @pamperedlinny .
    All well here and I did weigh in on the first for our December challenge. Come on girls let's do this!!!!!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Sorry I've been quiet for a few days. We didn't have internet for days due to a fiber optic cable being cut. In fact, every AT&T user in my entire neighborhood didn't have any internet so it's been an interesting few days. We just got ours back on less than 2 hours ago. Yay!

I didn't stick during the weekend. I don't think I went completely, totally, gain 10 lbs back in a weekend bad but I didn't fully track or really watch everything either. Then again, I wasn't really online much as I was saving my data in case I needed to work via mobile hot spot today and I don't do well with paper tracking.

Thankfully, we're back online and before everything went down I had lost a few pounds last week. So I'm no worse off than the previous week and I can be back on track for most of this week.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    ok, I did decent but not perfect this weekend and I can tell already today I am thinking about FOOD, and more food. What is wrong with me!!!!! I did go to the gym for one hour, came back and had some egg and potatoes (very small portion because I really was not hungry). Took my veg soup out of the freezer for lunch but I am in a bad food mojo for some reason. Why is it that eating well can be so easy at some times and so hard at others? I hate it! I have a close friend and he treats food as what he needs for nutrition only, does not really care about eating for flavor......maybe I need to destroy my taste buds. LOL, kidding I love food too much to do that. But I really do like being thinner than I was and I really do want to get slightly thinner and in better shape, I just don't like the work it entails.

Sorry had to vent because I really need to get my brain going in the right direction. :#
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    BTW, we need more peeps to join and help keep the ball rolling! Come on all of you wanting support, let's do this!!!!!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    Why is it that eating well can be so easy at some times and so hard at others? I hate it!

I feel this!!! Some days I'm on top of it and totally in the game. Other days I just want to jump face first into a bag of chips. I seriously love food. Different flavors, textures, how the satisfaction changes with my feelings or who I'm with at the time, how cravings come and go, etc. Everything about food and beverages is amazing in my mind. It can be so hard on those bad days.

I remember to give myself grace when I start over the next day and I remember that I don't always need to wait until the next day to start over. Seriously, starting fresh at 2pm after an hour long binge sometimes ends up being my best days. It's like I get the need for it out of my system and can go back to being a reasonable human being.

• DawnCumm
    Options
    Another venting day. Been to the gym every day and stayed within my 1200 calories each day and today I stepped on the scale and have gained two pounds. Dang it!!!!! I will keep marching forward but it really pisses me off. Grrrrrrrrr
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    DawnCumm wrote: »
    Another venting day. Been to the gym every day and stayed within my 1200 calories each day and today I stepped on the scale and have gained two pounds. Dang it!!!!! I will keep marching forward but it really pisses me off. Grrrrrrrrr

Out of curiosity, have you considered on gym days eating slightly more than your 1200 calories? I had to up my calories to 1500-1600 whenever I'm working out. Sometimes adding that little bit actually seems to help me go down even though it doesn't make any logical sense. But everyone's bodies are different and we all have to learn what works for us.

Tuesday I fell off the wagon for a few hours. I won't say all day because I did reign it back in but I spent a chunk of time letting my stress dictate my diet. Ugh!
    However, yesterday I did really well. Even with my holdiay luncheon at work and us having pasta last night I was able to keep my calories and my blood sugar in check. Of course, I saved my dessert until hours after the lunch and I did a bunch of hacks together for our household spaghetti night.... I used protein pasta, I sauteed shredded veggies and put them in my bowl before the pasta, I kept to a single serving of pasta and I added a couple frozen meatballs for added protein. All that combined made for a huge and filling bowl without breaking the calorie bank.

I also pulled out a tried and true snack when i was munchy in the evening. Instead of tortilla chips and salsa I used mini sweet peppers cut into scoops, salted them and used them to scoop up salsa. I still had crunch, salt and a vehicle for salsa without all the fried corn chips.

Today I'm back to eating the rest of the soup I made on Monday so that should help me with having plenty of volume to keep full without too crazy of calories.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    I might do that Linda, seriously need to try something. I also am really, really sore all over due to a Barre class on Tuesday. I thought working out on Wed would help some but wow I am still so sore. So hoping some might be water weight as I am starting to build up my muscles. Who knows....

BTW, one yummy snack I do periodically, as I too love chips and stuff, is steam artichokes and keep them for snacks, warm and dip in salsa, or mixed greek yogurt and salsa. So good! :)
  • SeleneMoon333
    SeleneMoon333 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am here to join for the rest of 2022; restarted with this new account on mfp Nov. 1.

My daily priorities: 1) Rx; 2) tracking, 3) water, 4) moving daily (gonna start using my sister's old 5) fitbit I think), 6) flossing & 7) cleaning 30 min. min. & (8) weekly weigh-in. Also, sometime this month I

Where I'm at now...with a little background: I was feeling pretty good 3 weeks into Nov, 7 pounds or so down on my way to losing 10 pounds for the month, but then at the beginning of Dec., nope, almost all the way back up so net Nov. was only 3 pounds. But I hadn't been on my Rx (because circumstances) so picked myself up, finally got it this week, and also had some -not *too* terrible- bingey days so far this, but mostly stayed on track, sometimes below. Last night I did a kind of healthy binge (nuts and raisins) when I stayed up way, way, way too late (partly cuz the meds take a while to kick in & I tend toward being a binging insomniac without 'em). BUT I *have* been good on tracking, and did get some movement in all this week, until today. Water, not so much, woke with a dehydration headache yesterday morn, so last night I chugged 4 cups of water before bed since I didn't correct it sooner, but no headache today. Will start the fitbit tomorrow, shovel snow/clean for cardio. There are 23 days left in Dec. counting today, Friday the 9th

1)Rx: 1/23 2)track 1/23 3)h2o 0.3/23 4)move 5)fitbit __ 6)floss 1/23 7)clean: 1/23 8)weigh-in Sat.
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Welcome @3moons3 It sounds like you have some good goals to start. Moving, tracking honestly and water are seriously the most basic and the most important things. I've found that even on my rougher days if I track accurately it keeps me from going off the rails even more the next day. Sometimes I'll binge and then go back the next day and try to remember everything. It keeps us accountable and most of us on this journey definitely need that.

Last night was pizza night at our house. That means I made homemade crust, bought our favorite sauce (which I can't actually buy in South Carolina and had to order online), put out al the favorite toppings and literally let each person create their own large pizza. We ate last night and we'll probably have the leftovers for dinner tonight. Considering that I also hit the Mexican bakery in the morning, saw a friend at lunch who had just baked cookies and made the pizzas I was trying to be super careful with all my choices through the day. I managed to end only 100 calories over my daily goal and lost a pound this morning!!!!!

Portion Control will have to be another big factor today as we're all over the place and I might just hit the Greek food truck for lunch. We have my daughter's basketball practice, home for lunch and the Christmas popup market at our neighborhood pool today, hitting the Christmas Village set up at a local church (hot cocoa, skating in your socks, petting zoo, more food truck options, etc), then a last Christmas Village at another local church with an even bigger set up. I love all the free Christmas events that are only minutes from our home (I literally won't be more than 7 minutes from home all day) but since they also serve cocoa, candy canes, sometimes other snacks plus have the food trucks I have to really plan ahead to keep myself in the game with all the events. My daughter LOVES going and seeing her friends and doing all the things though so we'll at least stay active all day.

Tomorrow her Elf On The Shelf is bringing a box with cookie cutters and cookie recipes though so I'm more worried about how I'll do with all the sugary stuff sitting in my kitchen this week. That is when it's going to get hard.
  • DawnCumm
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Yay!!! You ladies are doing wonderful! I have given myself a reprieve for a day or two. Have to get my head right! Been exercising every day though, so that is a step in the right direction. Back on my band wagon. :)
  • SeleneMoon333
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. Yay Linny on staying on tracking *&* losing a pound, and good for YOU Dawn on exercising daily! PS, you can call me Selene.

For me, after all that typing of my newb post Friday (& somehow I lost part of it so there were some dangling phrase weirdness, even w/ mfp 'save draft' button) I stayed up late and ended up binging again—much of a loaf of pumpkin-spice bread—in my insomniac state that night. 'Twas more than half my calories for the day. :/ So I tried pretty much all Saturday to make 'light' choices to make up for it...skipped breakfast as I wasn't hungry since I ate breakfast in the middle of the night, but the first thing I had, as a late lunch, was a small handful (just 1/4 cup) of sunflower seeds...I shoulda looked it up first...who knew (not I, or at least I'd forgotten!) that it was 200 cals! Even with those 2 flubs, I almost made up for it by the rest of the day's calories, making a very low calorie soup (bouillon broth, a can of beans, and handfuls of herbs), and a small salad and protein for dinner. The soup was '2 birds': it also helped with my hydration issues; I also cleaned the kitchen, twice! (I'm not the main one that makes a mess of it, as I clean when I cook). Also found the fitbit and have it charging. No directions though so gotta research how to use it :neutral:
    Sat:
    1)Rx: 2/23 2)track 2/23 3)h2o .6/23 4)move 2/23 5)fitbit :neutral: 6)floss 1/23 7)clean: 2/23
    Today, so far, I've been pretty sedentary, but Sundays tend to be that way for me. I also had more sunflower seeds *last* night (after Saturday was tracked) but have eaten a light day so far. Haven't weighed in yet, but soon, maybe tonight.
    I've also discovered that there are some other threads of folks doing things similar to this thread, I'll post those later.
    Sun, posting a little early so not including things that aren't done yet as __
    1)Rx: 3/23 2)track 3/23 3)h2o __/23 4)move __/23 5)fitbit :neutral: 6)floss __/23 7)clean: __/23 8)weigh-in __
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Good morning and Happy Monday.

Saturday I didn't stay on my plan. However, I was out all day with my daughter and a friend with her kids and we ended up getting caught up on the day's fun. Gyros, fries, macarons, games and laughter. Some days aren't going to go to plan but it is worth it to embrace life. For reference, we went to my daughter's basketball practice, the Christmas market that was set up in my neighborhood, the Christmas Village event at a local church (games, socks "ice" skating, smores, cocoa, pictures, petting zoo and more) and another church Christmas event (indoor "skating", cotton snowball fights, inflatables, light tunnel, free ornaments, etc). It was a LOT to do in one day but it was also a lot of fun.

On Sunday our elf brought a Kids Baking Club box with recipes, cookie cutters & food coloring for the icing. Because of that we baked a bunch of cookies yesterday. I'm going to try and only eat one or two through today but obviously this weekend had more calories that the original plan.
    fluirvb9ac0s.jpg

@DawnCumm You are doing amazing. We all need a break once in a while but staying moving on your break is great. Definitely let your head get in the right space.

@3moons3 I've been a Fitbit user for over a decade. Let me know if you need any help and I'll do my best. I love making soups for the hydration, the reason to load up on more veggies and clearing out the fridge plus it's tasty. However, I don't make them too often because my husband and daughter aren't really soup eaters and I end up eating the entire pot alone for days. One day I'll learn to make smaller pots of soup.

• DawnCumm
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @pamperedlinny - what an amazing weekend! All that fun was certainly worth it! I am back in the right headspace, did 30 on the walker and then 50 min Body Pump class, having a high protein breakfast.....so December you are not taking me down! Well down in weight is ok of course. LOL

@3moons3 - looks like you are doing great IMO! Those seeds are great for you and look at all the things you are doing each day, great job! I know I need to set more goals for me each day like that.

I too have a Fit Bit that is old and disused, may dust it off and take it for a ride again. Keep up the great work ladies!
  • SeleneMoon333
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Dad's 88th bday today, and circumstances, so I didn't eat anything before dinner though I did have a caloric lemon muffin last night, and a T of peanut butter. Then it was Chinese takeout and fancy torte for the dinner, and at first I had a small skinny slice, then a 2nd piece later that both equal a normal one. I'm also gonna have 2 servings of some no-fat no-sugar Vanilla greek yogurt for some more protein tonight. Got in a little movement, hooked up the fitbit, (I *really* don't like things on my wrist, so it's kinda irritating and the reason I've never used it...I used to have a free step tracker app on my phone (made by noom, before it was big as a diet platform, and they had several stand-alone apps, but that was 2? phones ago, and more useful when it was hiking outside, vs. winter when it's mostly walking and workouts inside). Also weighed myself, and back down to almost where I wanted to be; so since Nov. 1 I'm down 8 pounds, so feeling okay today. Whoops, how quickly one can forget to log stuff...I also had a handful of frozen grapes (remind me of ice cream) AND sparkling non-alc. cider...110 cals for that...twas a splurge since I mostly do teas. Happy Holidaze! (dad's bday is the kick-off of first holiday)

Sun, updated, didn't change much
    1)Rx: 3/23 2)track 3/23 3)h2o 1/23 4)move 2/23 5)fitbit :-: 6)floss 1/23 7)clean: 3/23 8)weigh-in 0/4

Mon, assuming I drink 4 more cups today. Should heated soup for dinner appetizer, oh well
    1)Rx: 4/23 2)track 4/23 3)h2o 2/23 4)move 3/23 5)fitbit 1/20 6)floss 2/23 7)clean: 4/23 8)weigh-in 1/4

• SeleneMoon333
    Options
    PS:
    Linny, those cookies look go-ood, and it's great you had a fun weekend;
    Dawn, good job on hitting the gym. That sore from the barre class (fun!) is what I call the 'good sore'.

Soups: I usually put lentils or other legumes, in soups for extra protein, because I'm chronically short of it, and soup is one of the keys to keeping dad hydrated in the winter, plus some of his meds cause digestive issues and nothing cleans him out like my caramelized sweet onion soup. Mom doesn't really like non-bone broth soups, whereas I, who was a veg for 25 years LOVE veg soups, and like 'em very international, whereas she is much more midwestern and almost amish (plain) in her tastes. She and I share the cooking, though she doesn't let me do it as often as some of mine is 'too weird' or spicy for her, plus I'm not as good at meats, and don't eat all the ones they do (pork freaks me out; never cared for shellfish). Hear ya on the big pots. In previous places I've lived, before I came to help out the folks, I would make a big pot of soup and eat it for a week, but doesn't work here as well, as sometimes I'm the only one eating it. The other day I made mine in the midsize pot, so will be able to finish this week.

Making 40 garlic crockpot chicken breasts Tuesday (I can do chicken, and all the garlic helps with immunity, and it's mellow after being in the crockpot for hours), though we still have Chinese leftovers. Getting new tires on Wednesday and may shop while car is in shop unless mom opts to go. Someone has to stay with dad. I'd prefer to go but dislike having to make decisions about her car. I wish I felt safe enough with their health (& even mine) to join a gym again...I love the pro elliptical machines. Have to up my home workout game, reading both of your workouts, so far it's not been my priority, though when we had a blizzard 3 weeks ago, I *did* get to burn 1000 cals/day shoveling. But I'm focusing on not being as sedentary as I often am, and try to do aerobic cleaning, so I can count it in my exercise minutes. :smiley: Ttyt