Daily Accountability Challenge!

Options

Replies

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    @Lynn__W Of course you're welcome!!!

@3moons3 Progress not perfection is so right. I really need to remember that too... especially this time of year when I both indulge in celebrations and feel guilty over it like I've cheated somehow.

So.... here is my update. I haven't really tracked at all this week and I won't do so next week either. I'm on vacation starting tomorrow through January 2 and I usually let my daughter lead the way on choosing activities during that week if I'm able to be off work. Often it involves fried and sugary choices a lot but it also includes things like roller skating, indoor bounce house facilities and fun activities. I'm going to enjoy the week and let myself start fresh the following week.

Also, a group of about 7 of us are starting a diet focused bible study on January 1. The plan is to text daily for accountability and starting the year off well. I think that will be great because every time a group text comes through it will be reminding me of what we're doing and helping us stay focused.
  • DawnCumm
    DawnCumm Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I love how you guys are all noting your goals for the day, really nice. We should also notate our successes, what you did get accomplished that day, or what you were happy/proud of. I plan to make cookie dough this am, pick up Grands at noon and take them to lunch, then back home to bake and decorate, then ice skating tomorrow.....going to be a fun few days.

Trying to be easy on myself, not go overboard but try to stay on the wagon, so fingers crossed I don't gain too much over the Christmas holiday.

NSV: bought a formal dress for a wedding, size 12 and it fits perfectly! I was once over two times that size so I have to focus on the long term versus just this month. :)

@Lynn__W - welcome! The more the merrier!!!!
  • Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Hi. We're resurrected the far corner of the basement to where there's floor space for my exercise mat plus I can access by TRX. Due to the cold garbage pick was late so had plenty of time to fill the can to the max. also had a box of donations to local thrift shop. Avoided some offered sweets.

Yesterday was called in to work unexpectedly. Oh my, the staff table is loaded with every type of snacking goodie imagination as the residents' families are dropping off Christmas 'presents' to the staff. Everything but fruit etc. Indulged a wee bit but all in all, will call it a win.

I like how the focus is to get thru the holidays making wiser choices but still allowing ourselves to relax a bit and enjoy family etc.

tomorrow ( actually "today" because am awake at 2;45 ... gotta love insomnia) I'll journal what I eat and try to be close to my WW pts target. We're making sausage rolls in the morning so it'll be a challenge tho.

Remembering the Reason for Season,
    Lynn
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    Happy Christmas Eve all!!! I shall be off the rails for two days. LOL. I don’t care, gonna enjoy everything!!! Hope you are enjoying yours!
  • Lynn__W
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone.

Dec 25th, 7pm ... the end of holiday feasting! Feel a gain coming on .. and don't feel 100 "well";
    Dec 26th focus: Restart food journal. How many consequetive days can I get??
  • Lynn__W
    Options
    Day #1 of back to basics. Today I just promise to not backslide into these bad habits I thought I'd moved beyond.
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Day 1 here too! I enjoyed the holidays but now back to business! Starting today with healthy eating and exercise. I have said this to myself many times but this is it, this time I am going to finish. I won't stop until I hit my goal! :)
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    I am with you ladies!!! Day one tracking since pre Christmas. Back to the gym tomorrow. Having lunch out, so need to keep that minimal. Have a wonderful day all!!!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    I'm restarting day 1 on January 1. I'm spending the rest of the week just enjoying my time off with my family. I hope you all have a fabulous New Year.
    I'll be leading a group on a 30 day diet based devotional starting January 1 so I had better keep myself on track then.
  • Lynn__W
    Options
    It's been a process getting my runaway bad habits back under control. Yesterday was the first day in ages of keeping my WW food points w/i range. Even pushed thru a lot of obstacles and got out for a late afternoon snow shoe.
    I work afternoon shift serving at a Seniors Centre; it's always a problem working in a kitchen full of food, especially later in the day when decision fatigue is threatening to take over.
    My accountability challenge for today is to record the points before I consume them.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    got a body scan this am for working out and seeing progress, so figured may as well start the 'beginning' of the year. Did almost 1.5 hours at the gym and made a wonderful Soy Chorizo and Lentil soup, yum!!! I do have friends here this eve and family tomorrow for New Years.....so may drink/eat more than I should but feeling optimistic. Will start in earnest on Sunday the 1st.
  • Lynn__W
    Options
    totally caved in last nite. Have to do some serious "inner work" on my thoughts and the destructive patterns I allow to keep happening.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    I am sure many of us went off for the holidays, so today is our new beginning! Happy New Year! Now let’s embrace our challenges and kick their butts!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    Happy New Year!!!! I started Taste For Truth Bible Study today with 6 other ladies for accountability. I'm really hoping having a daily check in and study specifically geared at health and weight loss will help me start the year off on the right foot.

I'm not back at work until Tuesday so I'm checking in from my phone until then.
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    OK, so we are all starting off (again) and I have a new challenge for you all, as it is the new year! I was once told to write down each day three things you were proud of that day, three things you did well. Does not have to be food/exercise related but it can be. I found it REALLY hard, I totally could not come up with three things. But in time I started to work through it, and it helped keep me in a positive frame, even if I did 'blow-it'. So, ladies, let's fill this up with gratitude and proud moments. It is a little early but here are my three:

1) we had tons of rain, which is great here, but it flooded my barn so today we dug trenches and stripped the stalls, about to put fresh shavings in once they are a little dryer. It was hard work and i( am proud I did it. At 61 I still have it!!! LOL

2) I am excited about 2023 and have spent some time looking and planning my health improvements, specifically I need to deal with menopause....so wrote a letter to my doc and looking at natural remedies that might help. Any recommendations are welcome!

3) hmmmmm, told you I was bad at this! We had lots of food/friends/fun last night, so I have literally done two loads of dishes, laundry is in and I have one more load to go.....that is great considering how dismal my house looked this morning.

Ok, tag your it!!!!!!!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    @DawnCumm I love this!

Let me think of three things you were proud of that day/three things you did well.

1) I started my devotional and journaled this morning.

2) I walked up to the nearest cul-de-sac and met the new neighbors in both of the newly built homes.

3) I stayed within my average calorie range even with homemade chex mix and cookies in the house.

I know not every day will be that easy to come up with 3 things but I love the idea of trying to think of things and being positive.
  • SeleneMoon333
    SeleneMoon333 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, sorry I stopped posting there, but holidaze...you know! The household was so behind, plus the blizzard was a huge issue, though we hired someone to plow the driveway so I didn't get a heart attack (tho I did go out each day & get some shoveling in anyway partly for the cardio minutes). We ended up hosting family on the 26th & then again on the 29th-31st (out-of-towners who drove). Was relatively Merry but somewhat lower key. I also had a few pound losses but was too busy after tracking to post here.

Welcome Lynn!

My 3 'wins' today: I composted, and then went for an impromptu walk in the moonlight (because the podcast I was listening to wasn't done, even though it was at double speed); I started some online lessons again; I helped a bit with dinner even though not my day to cook. Happy New Year!
  • pamperedlinny
    Options
    My 3 things for today:
    1) I got majority of the Christmas stuff down
    2) I had a full afternoon date with my husband. We haven't taken time to just hang out without kids or friends or a specific plan in ages. Whenever we're alone we usually stay home so it was really great to get out.
    3) I was able to keep myself in check with my choices all day so far. Even with a restaurant lunch and pizza for dinner.

• DawnCumm
    Options
    I so love reading your affirmations. I loved seeing my pony covered in shavings after the barn flood yesterday. Made me so happy. I did one hour in the gym. Made a healthy ish taco for dinner. All good!!
  • DawnCumm
    Options
    PS. Love you guys!!