Help! 50+lbs to loose

Options
Tired of failing!!!!
Need Support and the mindset to stick with it!

Replies

• CreamPuff91
    CreamPuff91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hear you, Feeling the same. Have lost, regained, lost regained, now need to seriously loose and stay 50 lbs less.. In the prediabetic group, need to exercise, avoid alcohol all together, and move my assets more and more regularly. How have you been doing over the last few months?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,187 Member
    Options
    I hear you, Feeling the same. Have lost, regained, lost regained, now need to seriously loose and stay 50 lbs less.. In the prediabetic group, need to exercise, avoid alcohol all together, and move my assets more and more regularly. How have you been doing over the last few months?

@CreamPuff91 Sadly, it looks like the OP hasn't been active in the Community here since the day of that post. I hope things have gone well for him/her, despite that silence. Maybe we'll hear.

The good news is that there are a bunch of people still active here who were in your spot at one point, and who've made major progress, reached goal weight, improved fitness, been able to improve health to the point of not needing certain meds anymore, and more. You can be among them, with patience and persistence!

One thing I'd suggest as an option would be to check out the threads in the Challenges and Motivation and Support parts of the Community here. That can be a great way to get rolling, learn from and support/be supported by others, and even find some like-minded folks to be MFP friends. There are a variety of different options; you can read the intro posts to find something that seems appealing, helpful and achievable for you.

Here are direct links to those areas:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/cateories/challenges
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/motivation-and-support

Speaking for myself, I lost 50-some pounds back in 2015-16 at age 59-60, using MFP. I was lucky enough to have dodged high blood sugar/A1C, but am severely hypothyroid (medicated), had high blood pressure, triglycerides (400+ at one point!), and cholesterol. These days, age 67, I'm hanging around to maintain a healthy weight, now in year 7 of that. My blood lipids and blood pressure are solidly normal, and got that way when only part way through losing the weight. I was lucky enough to find ways of moving more that are pretty fun in themselves to me, and that then encourage me to do other active things in order to stay in shape for the most-fun ones.

The subjective quality of life improvements from being more active and being at a healthy weight are each individually pretty great IME, but the combination of both is gangbusters.

Wishing you much success here!