Hitting calories and macros

Options
My biggest challenge to hitting my calories and macros is breakfast, I've never been much of a breakfast person unless in a hotel and maximising the cooked breakfast.

Can anyone recommend simple breakfasts that will hit 500/600 calories with high protein.

Ideally something simple enough to eat most mornings with as little prep time as possible.
Tagged:

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of oatmeal with skyr yogurt:
    - make (hot) oatmeal with milk in the microwave
    - add skyr yogurt and protein powder (how much of each depends on your preferences and whether you're using sweetened or unsweetened skyr
    - add fruit and nuts/seeds to your liking

My recipe has 30gr of oats, 180ml of milk, 150gr of flavored skyr, 150gr of blueberries, 15gr of protein powder. Not quite 500-600 calories, but add some nuts/seeds and/or tweak the quantities and you should get there easily.
  • mikeyrowlands
    mikeyrowlands Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks, oats definately seems like the way forward, ill have a look at this for tomorrow Morning.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs, a meat, top with cheese
  • triciarouse
    triciarouse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs, leftover meats from the night before's dinner, low-fat greek yogurt - all high in protein or you can always use some of the same types of foods you eat for other meals. Breakfast does not have to be a certain type of food.
  • mikeyrowlands
    mikeyrowlands Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Interesting thanks, I've just plugged in some oats with protein powder, blueberries and a boiled egg for tomorrow.

A couple of scrambled eggs would definately work too.

My next challenge is getting up 30 mins earlier so I can be a bit more mindful of my breakfast.