15 pounds to lose challenge November 1 - January 31, 2023

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    jyoti_0 wrote: »
    Merry Christmas to all.
    Someone recently said, it is the emotion behind every idea that counts. I don't know much about Christmas but I wish that everyone feels the joy, kindness, and happiness for oneself that is attached with Christmas.
    May we all achieve our goals this new year and enjoy the tiny joys that come our way every single day.
    For me, it is being my healthy-self, eating mindfully and remembering, that food is meant to give me energy, not calories :)

Well Said! xo
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I am a 5'3" retiree living in upstate NY.
    I started tracking again with MFP in January 2022 and have lost 60.9 lbs to date.
    My final goal weight is around 135.

January 3: 230
    March 7: 216.6
    June 3: 196.4
    Sept 2: 182.8
    Oct 28: 175.4

11/4: 174.7
    11/11: 173
    11/18: 171.4
    11/25: 171.4
    12/2: 170.6
    12/9: 170.6
    12/16: 169.4
    12/23: 168.1
    12/30: 169.1

A temporary setback as expected. It could have been worse.

Have a very happy New Year everyone!

Challenge Goal: 10 lbs (165.4)
    Challenge Actual: 6.3 lbs (169.1)
  • jyoti_0
    jyoti_0 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Six days since I wrote last.
    One day in between I had a higher sugar dinner, went up by 2-3lbs the next day. Still up by 1lb since I took my weight six days ago. (*sigh)
    The scale has not budged since the last three days. Seems like an endless wait of eating low calorie, having calorie deficit, working a lot and still, the weight wouldn't come off :(
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Six days since I wrote last.
    One day in between I had a higher sugar dinner, went up by 2-3lbs the next day. Still up by 1lb since I took my weight six days ago. (*sigh)
    The scale has not budged since the last three days. Seems like an endless wait of eating low calorie, having calorie deficit, working a lot and still, the weight wouldn't come off :(
    Those things happen. I was at 65.3 kg on 20221224, and despite having a significant energy deficit every day, I have only managed to get the same result once since then and that was yesterday. It will eventually show up more often and/or go lower though I certainly understand it can be frustrating. In my case, I measure my weight before each meal and it helps to maintain a graph of daily weight fluctuations, i.e. keeping track of my highest and my lowest weight of the day and subtracting them. It gives a better feel for how variable weight really is without being an indication of gain or loss (the days when there was no variation are simply days I only measured once or not at all):
    qwsoivy6penn.png
    Hang in there, you will make it.
  • jyoti_0
    jyoti_0 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    @BartBVanBockstaele
    Thank you for your encouraging words! I'll keep waiting and eating right till the scales move!
  • BartBVanBockstaele
    BartBVanBockstaele Posts: 623 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @BartBVanBockstaele
    Thank you for your encouraging words! I'll keep waiting and eating right till the scales move!
    You are most welcome. Depending on how much we have to lose, weight loss can be one of the most challenging endeavours we will ever undertake, but it is possible for everyone.

What I do, is keep eating at the same level for 3 weeks to a month, and if not enough weight or no weight is lost, I reduce my energy intake. How much depends on the situation, but since 7700 kcal is seen as a reasonable equivalent of 1 kg of body fat, it makes sense to reduce energy intake by about 250 kcal a day if one kg of weight loss is desired in one month.

Needless to say, that may be too much if energy intake is already very low, but it is a nice rule of thumb to keep in mind, and to remind us that weight loss is mainly a game of patience.