Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy - The spreading it out every 3 or 4 days works better for me too.
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Tis the season to eat, drink, and be regretful. Absolutely HUGE hug to all those who are caught up in the madness.

Since joining Middle Daughter last month in her abstaining A while mourning her furry friend of many years, I really haven't kept track of A-AF days, just noticed there have been long stretches when I can't remember having a drink. Then, open a bottle of wine, spend a few days finishing it, then, back to alcohol free. No stressing about it. That's probably my best option forever.
    I do have a question about how MFP works...I would really like to find out things like the names of the art galleries where some members display their works, if I could purchase their creations online, recipies from some of the "chefs" whose parties make my mouth water...but I've been reluctant to ask, or invade their privacy. Not knowing how asking to be a "friend" works...?? I recently had a message on my personal e-mail from someone that I had never heard about, had a screen name that did not aline with my values or interests, but wanted to be my "friend".
    Did MFP just pass on this request without releasing my e-mail ?? Shouldn't it have been part of some "internal" MFP communication ?? I'm just uneasy about this...I guess I'm a hermit at heart. I do not do Facebook or any other kind of "social media".
    Crawling back into my cave with Catpuccino...without Chianti.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    @forestdweller1

I believe that we all get those shady friend requests. I think that some bad actors just mass invite people.
    MFP forwards the request to your email, but the requester does not get your email address.
    At the top of your home page on MFP you will see an icon with friend requests. You can go in there and "decline".
    If you want to "friend" someone so that you can message them I think that you click on their name and request to become friends. At that point you can write to them.

I love what you said about having a bottle of wine over a couple of days and then not at all for awhile ... forever. Great that you can do that : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I am Dawn, 62, 5'2", SE BC

This November the 28th, (my late Dad's birthday) will mark my 4th year on this thread.
    Not only has it kept me accountable for my alcohol consumption, it truly has become a community for me, especially while we were in various lockdowns.

Sticking with my (reachable) goal of the last few years, 16-20 AF days. I have been successful each month with this expect for most recently in September when I was having a Margarita every day in Mexico and reached only 14AF for the month.

Diary Style:

Thursday November 17 - 2 drinks - I shoveled when I got home from work last night, and pretty much poured a cocktail as soon as I got inside. I didn't even give the 6 minute thing a try. Now I will have to limit my Friday and Saturday drink days, going to try for 1 out of 2 instead of both. Minus 20 here at 8:30 this morning. Glad that I shoveled last night! It is beautiful and blue and clear. Crisp lol.
    Friday November 18 - AF - I awoke with the sniffles, took some Dayquil and went to work. All of the young-uns at work have been sick over the past 2 weeks, and I was priding myself in being healthier than them all and not catching it. Spoke too soon. Glad to be on days off, plans are out the window because of a runny nose - lots of Christmas fairs and stuff over the weekend. However, another minus 20 day so I will stay in my warm house and continue to process and cook my harvest and maybe get some of the buckets of veggies out of my living room. Yes yes a Brandy while I was in a hot bath last night was surely tempting with my cold, but I refrained.

Rolling total: 8AF days out of 18 days
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @Womona

Sorry about your glute, but I must admit that it gave me a giggle. I don't know why.
  • bover145
    bover145 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    AF - Nov 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13 -17, 19 [total: 14]
    A- Nov 5 (1 wine), 6 (4 oz beer), 9 (1wine), 12 (beer), 18 (beer) [total: 5]
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    Nov 1- Nov 2 - AF
    Nov 3- Nov 4- Nov 5 A (wine 3 glasses each)
    Nov 6 - Nov 7- Nov 8- AF
    Nov 9 -10- 11-12 A - (wine 3 glasses each)
    Nov 13- 14 - 15 - AF
    Nove 16-17-18-19 (wine 3 glasses each)
    Nov 20- AF

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi All - I've been away but I'm back. I have found that I don't meet my goals without the support of this group and I've also missed everyone. Since I started late, my goal this month is 10 AF out of 18.

11/17: Drinks (3) - Thursday night is date night (had 2 wines with dinner and a beer later with hubs). Also got into the late-night snacking. I hate it when I do that.
    11/18: Drinks (3) - We went out after dinner to go for a walk downtown. I had a glass of wine at a local bar and then 2 vodka craft drinks at a new distillery. This wasn’t my plan but it was a fun night!
    11/19: Drinks (4) - Botanical garden Xmas light walk last night, then dinner, then stopped by a local music venue. My weight is up this morning … fell into old habits. Every night since Thursday has been date night and I haven't stuck to my goals

Rolling Total: 3 AF Days out of 7