Less Alcohol ~ NOVEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Sorry to hear about the sad Manhattan incident. If you don’t get your AF days in, there’s always next month and we are still going to be here!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, 62, 5'2", SE BC

This November the 28th, (my late Dad's birthday) will mark my 4th year on this thread.
    Not only has it kept me accountable for my alcohol consumption, it truly has become a community for me, especially while we were in various lockdowns.

Sticking with my (reachable) goal of the last few years, 16-20 AF days. I have been successful each month with this expect for most recently in September when I was having a Margarita every day in Mexico and reached only 14AF for the month.

Diary Style:

Saturday November 19 - Drinks. Bought some sweet vermouth to make a manhattan. Chilled it for 15 minutes in the shaker, chilled the glass with the cherry in it etc. Had one sip (delish) then put the glass down and knocked it over and broke it. Moved on to something else (black russian). I have to get 8 more AF days in!
    Sunday November 20 - AF - Getting closer to the 50%. I picked up several extra shifts at work for people this coming week which can go either way: too tired to bother having drinks, or too tired for my willpower to work. Aiming for AF days the next 4-5

Rolling total: 9AF days out of 20 days
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,619 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Oh boy, what a long, long, busy day at work. Thank God we are out of wine because I totally wanted some when I crawled home after 9:00 tonight!!! I think I would have caved. The wine devil would have totally won the argument that @RockinRobyn672 was talking about !!!!! Well, I’ll take the AF win even if it wasn’t based on my own willpower. Any little bit helps.

PS. The craving passed now that I finally had some dinner. So I’m claiming willpower now! Haha!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I've been away but I'm back. I have found that I don't meet my goals without the support of this group and I've also missed everyone. Since I started late, my goal this month is 10 AF out of 18.

11/20: AF - Last night I wanted that glass of wine with dinner but I didn't do it, which was the plan but it was hard. I had to really have the conversation with myself - ya' know - the one with the angel me on one shoulder and the devil me on the other.
    11/21: Drinks (1) - Didn't want to cook dinner last night so we went out to a local Irish pub. I had a healthy salmon dinner and 1 hazy IPA.

Rolling Total: 4 AF Days out of 9
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, 62, 5'2", SE BC

This November the 28th, (my late Dad's birthday) will mark my 4th year on this thread.
    Not only has it kept me accountable for my alcohol consumption, it truly has become a community for me, especially while we were in various lockdowns.

Sticking with my (reachable) goal of the last few years, 16-20 AF days. I have been successful each month with this expect for most recently in September when I was having a Margarita every day in Mexico and reached only 14AF for the month.

Diary Style:

Saturday November 19 - Drinks. Bought some sweet vermouth to make a manhattan. Chilled it for 15 minutes in the shaker, chilled the glass with the cherry in it etc. Had one sip (delish) then put the glass down and knocked it over and broke it. Moved on to something else (black russian). I have to get 8 more AF days in!
    Sunday November 20 - AF - Getting closer to the 50%. I picked up several extra shifts at work for people this coming week which can go either way: too tired to bother having drinks, or too tired for my willpower to work. Aiming for AF days the next 4-5
    Monday November 21- AF - Very long day with very little food until I got home. Dinner was more important to me than drinks apparently. Watched HGTV during my nice healthy dinner, and Pensacola was on. Thought of our @MissMay

Rolling total: 10AF days out of 21 days
  • joans1976
    Options
    Hey everybody! This is my 5th month and I am so grateful to have found this group!
    My goal is to not turn to alcohol this month no matter how stressful work or my physical health gets!
    Best wishes to everyone to meet their goals this month!

11/1-11/7: 7 AF
    11/8-11/14: 7 days AF
    11/15-11/21: 7 days AF

11/22: AF
    I slept horribly last night-too much on my mind.
    I see so many struggling with the fact of Thanksgiving coming up tomorrow. I wish it didn’t cause so much stress. I wish we didn’t have it built up in our minds as some epic, perfect feast.
    My dad will buy me a giant Costco bottle of Baileys (even though he hasn’t seem me drink in months) and it will be hard to resist. I plan to resist though.
  • joans1976
    Options
    @lmlmrn I have been thinking of you and the sidewalk bandits. I’m sorry you went through that, you must have been so angry and stressed out!
  • RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hi All - I've been away but I'm back. I have found that I don't meet my goals without the support of this group and I've also missed everyone. Since I started late, my goal this month is 10 AF out of 18.

11/21: Drinks (1) - Didn't want to cook dinner so we went out to a local Irish pub. I had a great salmon dinner and 1 hazy IPA. I can still meet my goals this month.
    11/22: AF - Had 2 NA beers with pizza, which was a small win. I really wanted the better tasting high-calorie hazy IPA but I was able to overcome the temptation.

Two tips I heard on the Today Show that I'm going to try for Thanksgiving - 1) Eat slowly; and 2) Take a walk right after the meal. I plan to avoid all mid-afternoon alcohol. I'm taking the ingredients for my virgin Cape Cods (club soda, cranberry juice). :smile:

Rolling Total: 5 AF Days out of 10