WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :) Our festive meal is over. Jake is washing the dishes. There are leftovers for tomorrow. In the afternoon we'll watch a movie we've been looking forward to--"A Man Called Ove" on Tubi. We both read the book recently.

:) My morning was my usual two hour walk and a meeting on Zoom with special friends.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

ptpl9g5i2ct5.jpg
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options

This morning I did Gilad Cuts and Curves DVD and then took a walk. Honestly, today I’m not going to count calories but try to eat healthily. I know that I’ll have some pumpkin pie, I’ll want to try the chocolate cream dessert I made since I tried doing something different, the sweet potato pie even tho it has sugar on top. Sure hope Jess is ready for lots of leftovers! Guess who’s getting most of the pumpkin pie since I’m the only one who’ll eat it. And the sweet potato casserole. I can rinse the cheese off the broccoli and cauliflower and then eat it that way. I won’t have the mac and cheese so she’ll get it. Oh, I’ll have a bit today, but that’s it. I’ve had oatmeal for breakfast already, I usually don’t have as much. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Kathy Smith Step Workout DVD and then take a walk.

Rori – this is the FIRST time you’ve gone snowtubing???? We used to do that all the time, going down this one big hill in Montclair. Thanks for the memory Glad you had a good time

Heather – what a good friend you are, not only to G but to everyone.

Happy Thursday to all who don’t celebrate Thanksgiving and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone else.

Yea me! I just made the sweet potato casserole (well, assembled it). I’ll eat it today, give Colby the leftovers, but I know that I won’t eat what was left over. The potatoes with cream and sugar in them – no. So I made too many sweet potatoes. Probably what I should have done was used less milk. Well, I followed the directions. Next time I’ll do it differently. So I threw out the extra that I won’t eat. That was hard to do since I was brought up not to waste food, but I did it

Heather – you and Johnny are so talented

Shatzzie – welcome! Penny, she hasn’t been here in a long time, was from the North Pole and I really liked seeing how life was there. Will be looking forward to your posts

KJ – Vince and Jess thought I should sleep in, too. Everything I read says that you should keep the same wake up time. So that’s what I did

Jess is doing some of her cooking. I tell you, it’s hard in way for me. Everyone has their own way of doing things. Like to me, I like to clean up as I go along. She just leaves the dirty dishes, etc. She can’t understand why do things ahead of time. I just don’t like to be rushed doing things. Like around 1 I had the table set. We’re planning dinner for 5:30-6. I had a lot of the food made and in the freezer (I do need to learn to take things out of the freezer sooner so they defrost instead of my having to leave the desserts out to be sure they defrost). Heaven help me! I’m doing some stress eating

We were talking about when we’d go to Jess’ for Christmas. Honestly, Vince would be happy staying home. How can we not go to our daughter’s? I finally talked him into going up there Friday, he wanted to go on Sat. Then to make dinner? That’s just too much for one day. Then he wanted to come home Christmas Day. Really? I finally talked him into leaving the next day. I don’t want to be rushed having dinner so we can leave.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,705 Member
    Options
    Karen - that first book was the one my mom got me.. the junior edition...
    Here is Miles first Thanksgiving...rkh044f3acxk.jpg

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk home to gym- 10.13min, .54mi= 53c
    Strava app = 66c
    Other- 23.44min, PT shoulder exercises, 3 sets of 10 ea, 7 different exercises = 78c
    Walk gym to home- 10.22min, .54mi= 61c
    Strava app = 66c
    Walk w/kids- 2hrs 26min 31sec, 122elev, 3.28ap, 113ahr, 152mhr, chispas walked for 4miles, pushed Lucy entire way, kirby walked w/us for 3 miles, 8.11mi= 832c
    Strava app = 993c

Total cal 1024c
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,046 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    I told a funny story at dinner and everyone laughed. It actually felt good. Maybe if that happened more often I would enjoy people more.

Meanwhile back to the diet tomorrow, after a marvelous meal today. The way I feel now, I could live on water for a week. First challenge is lunch out tomorrow. I know the restaurant will tempt me.

And I'm skipping dumbbells tonight. Too bloated. Such is the tradition.

Annie in Delaware

• pipcd34
    Options
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rebecca :D:D:D
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    My daughter took me to a family get together this evening. I enjoyed it. There was food and conversation with the adults and play for the kids. Everyone had a good time. I am home now and watching TV.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    had a nice meal with our friends.
    DS decided not to go- not having a good day so he stayed home.
    DH went but only stayed a short time(dominated most of the conversations while he was there)
    He left to take dinner to his mom and I stayed there and we played Rummicube- have never played it but it was fun. Used to play rummy with my dad and first hubby.
    I was able to eat plenty with no pain-did have to skip a lot but there was still a lot I could eat. Skipped the Norco so enjoyed a shot of pineapple brandy after dinner. Everyone enjoyed the brandy.
    Teeth are starting to hurt some so may take one before heading for bed. May just take Aleve- don't think it is bad enough for the Norco.
    Looking forward to a quiet three days, hoping to sleep in at least two of those days(dh will be gone)

Going to watch Survivor and Amazing race this evening beings I recorded them(automatically record every week). I didn't realize what day it was yesterday and forgot that they were even on until I saw a post on FB this morning.
    Have my decaf tea and I am sure my kitten will join me again as soon as I move to the recliner.
    He was so cute this morning. He sure loves to snuggle.

• pipcd34
    Options
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I thought I posted that last night

You did. :smiley:

Lol it was sitting in my text now still. I don’t know why MFP does that sometimes.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,491 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone’s Thanksgiving was exactly how they wanted it.

Interesting review of “The Balance Within” by Esther M Sternberg. The first three paragraphs can be skipped.:naughty: Later the article introduces how the interplay of illness, emotions, stress, memory, hormones, brain, gut, and our parents affect our bodies’ responses. It’s complicated :}
    https://getpocket.com/explore/item/the-science-of-stress-and-how-our-emotions-affect-our-susceptibility-to-burnout-and-disease?utm_source=pocket-newtab
    May look up at the library.

Bit the black Friday bullet and ordered an iRobot Roomba J7 for $349.99 Was looking at an eBay deal on a 980 for $328.88, but shied away when I read the reviews mentioning the screaming jet plane noise. One YouTube review of the J7 was surprised at how much quieter the J7 was. I’ll probably still have to run it while Joe’s working outside, but at least it can be vacuuming while I’m doing something else… like laundry! LOL!

Biscuits: Carol’s making biscuits from scratch for her dressing and someone else mentioning Bisquick made me think. Best biscuits I ever made were from a package of Southeastern Mills Biscuit mix. Mama used Bisquick for dumplings with chicken and I loved them, but have never been able to reproduce the flavor as she used a pressure cooker and I don’t have (or want) one.

Welcome @Shattzie in Norway! That was my grandfather’s nickname for Mama.
    Heather the cookbook that started it all was Mama’s copy of the Boston Cooking School Cookbook by Fannie Farmer. Alas, the authors made certain assumptions that the seven year old me didn’t understand. For example, when trying to make fudge, it directed “boil until forms a soft ball in a glass of water” so I poured in a glass of water and waited for it to form a soft ball :laugh:
    0lkc8d37ulde.jpeg
    Debbie so sorry to read of your fall and painful results. Please do take it easy this weekend.
    Rori Love the image of you tubing! Can see your smile from here.
    Lanette had to stop watching the Reed Timmer video, started to shiver.
    KJ our thanksgiving dinner was simple. Roast bone-in turkey breast with pan gravy. Jellied cranberry sauce. Bread crouton dressing with sausage, celery and onions. Baked sweet potatoes. Roasted Brussels sprouts with a maple/balsamic/cranberry glaze. Store bought pecan pie. Sparkling wine. Back in the day there would be green bean casserole instead of the sprouts, a dish of green onions, radishes and black olives, green salad, jello salad, candied sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, dinner rolls, and Mama’s favorite: pickled watermelon rinds. All this for a family of 3 and whatever couple Mama invited to join us. :sick:
    Annie just wait until you weigh the contents of that tablespoon. What a shocker!
    Karen I still have Laurel’s Kitchen and in fact was thinking about giving it to my buddy T who’s become vegan over the past year. Reminds me of the cookbook “Ten Talents” I had and lost.

Turkey carcass is in the stock pot to simmer all night. Worst chore is picking the scraps and bones but it sure makes good broth!

Gratitude 22: story=the story of me, how Mama and Papa were lonely for a child and how Pastor Ruhle knew of a child about to be born who needed them.
    Gratitude 23: tradition=Mama’s cookies, Ken’s rum balls and walking through the Azalea Park light display with buddies.
    Gratitude 24: challenge=learning a new dance, especially if I like the music!

Done:
    11/24: Move: ZERO sets pt, steps: 1723 so far
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: almonds, apple, artichoke, avocado, beans-cannellini, beans-garbanzo, beans-green, beets, broccoli florets, broccoli stalk, Brussels sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, celery, corn on the cob, cherries-dried, cranberries-dried, cucumber, garlic, grapefruit, maraschino cherry, mushrooms, mustard greens, onions, orange, pecans, radish, romaine, satsumas, snap peas, snow peas, sweet peppers-orange, sweet peppers-red, tomato-sauce, walnuts, wasabi peas, wheat-pasta/bread. CI<CO=Y
    Live: Joe, readings, NO BP, cooked all morning, that was it. Wt:138.7
    11/23: Move: 2 sets pt, walk from Les Schwab to and from line dance class. steps:7868
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: almonds, apple, artichoke, avocado, beans-cannellini, beans-garbanzo, beans-green, beets, broccoli florets, broccoli stalk, carrots, cauliflower, celery, corn on the cob, cherries-dried, cranberries-dried, cucumber, garlic, grapefruit, maraschino cherry, mushrooms, mustard greens, onions, orange, pecans, radish, romaine, satsumas, snap peas, snow peas, sweet peppers-orange, sweet peppers-red, tomato-sauce, walnuts, wasabi peas, wheat-pasta/bread. CI<CO=Y
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, reconciled checking account, took car in to swap to winter tires, made appointment to fix recall and headlamp, dog games Wt: 139.1
    11/22: Move: 3 sets pt, line dance class, Jeopardy walking. steps: 7727
    Fuel: plants (running count for week) so far: almonds, apple, artichoke, avocado, beans-cannellini, beans-garbanzo, beans-green, beets, broccoli florets, broccoli stalk, carrots, cauliflower, celery, corn on the cob, cherries-dried, cranberries-dried, cucumber, garlic, grapefruit, maraschino cherry, mushrooms, mustard greens, onions, orange, pecans, radish, romaine, satsumas, snap peas, snow peas, sweet peppers-orange, sweet peppers-red, tomato-sauce, walnuts, wasabi peas, wheat-pasta/bread. CI<CO=Y
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, reconciled savings and Visa statements, progress on district volunteer reimbursement spreadsheet. Wt:139.5

Lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    2022: Be still and listen.
    November: Move more (7515 steps), fuel better (protein + vegs), live NOW (time with Joe, Tumble and Shadow).