Have You Upgraded to Premium?

Options
I am truly considering upgrading to premium, but I would sincerely like to hear from those of you that have it, what to you find is the greatest help or support to your weight loss journey? How long have you personally been using the upgraded version?
I am looking for one purposeful application to use for the rest of my life, if need be, I don't what 5 half good applications, just one, maybe two... Live it's just too crazy busy to keep it all up and keep it straight. I am looking for that one place to invest that is going to in return be my asset.

Thank You for your Consideration

In A World of Kardashians, Be a Beth Dutton.

Lynne

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at the features Premium offers? Which of them do you feel would be of financial value to you? That might help people answer your question. :)
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I did premium for about 2 months, starting when I hit maintenance. I did it so I could download my stats and to get rid of ads. After about 2 months, I went back to free. The only thing I'll miss is the barcode scanner, and if it does start to bug me enough, I'll pay for premium. So far, no biggy to not have it. Free for now.
  • lornamarie57
    lornamarie57 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I bought a 1 year membership back in the spring. I dislike ads and spend a lot of time on the app. Its hard to judge cause I've had pro for so long that I don't know what really changed. What helps me the most is the commitment. I spend time here every day and record my weight and food daily. By returning daily and spending time thinking about it daily I remind myself why its worth more to me to stay on track than to take the easier road of just eating mindlessly.

Oh, I also use the nutrition analysis which I think is in the pro version. It gives more info on the breakdown and I can view more reports. I do spend time on those too.
  • jiggyj9
    jiggyj9 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I went premium for the barcode scanner and no ads. Those two things are essential for me to enhance ease, minimize annoyance, and keep me going on here.

I think there are some other macro premium features as well, like customized goals, that aren’t available in the free version.

Overall I find it to be a worthy investment!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Think of why you want premium and if there's no other way around it.

(oh, I was able to post this. Getting closer to finding out which keywords MFP uses to block posts)
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I am truly considering upgrading to premium, but I would sincerely like to hear from those of you that have it, what to you find is the greatest help or support to your weight loss journey? How long have you personally been using the upgraded version?

I had the free app forever...practically since its invention. Because I'm super frugal. Well shoot. Just cheap. I'm cheap! Went to paid app several months ago firstly because of (1) ads...so SICK of the ads. But, amazingly, I find myself tracking and *key* paying attention to the macros A LOT closer than before thru the paid app. I track my macronutrients such as fiber and all the vitamins!!! So for me, the paid app is worth it.

As for the bar scanner, most of the store brands aren't even in the bar scanner on the free OR paid app. So that wasn't a factor to pay for it or not.

More though, than anything, paid or free, Ya gotta use it. Log in every day. Weigh your food before you eat it and log it in. Especially as a newbie starting out, focus on keeping the log going.