Hello! :)

Options
Hey! I am looking to lose weight, get healthy and build a little muscle. I have tried for years to lose weight but (as silly as it may sound) I have only recently realised this isn't something that can be rushed or cheated, I have to take it slow and one step at a time. I haven't used the community page on here before but I think it would be inspiring to see/hear from other people who are also on the same journey as me. I am looking to change my lifestyle, to be more active and more health conscious.

So hello! My name is Kate, I am 21 and I am ready to make a change!

Replies

• CurvyEmmy
    CurvyEmmy Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am definitely on the same journey. I’ve been on it over a year and it’s been very slow. I am still over 100 pounds overweight but I’m taking baby steps toward being healthier!
  • capgordon1293
    capgordon1293 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi Kate hope u hit ur goals I definitely gotote to do if fell off it for a bit but taking a good look myself .
  • I_AM_ISRAEL
    I_AM_ISRAEL Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Do you track your calories?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you're on a good course: Slow and steady, relying on sustainable new habits - that definitely is a good way to win at this.

I'm at a little different spot in the journey, maintaining a healthy weight for 7 years now after 3 previous decades of overweight/obesity. For me, it was key to find new habits that were personalized to me, that got me to a healthy weight and helped me stay there long term. I can't keep up strong willpower or motivation forever, but I can keep up some new, pleasant-enough habits . . . almost on autopilot. (I spend my limited willpower on finding and practicing those new habits until they can become nearly automatic.) I'm not saying that's the right approach for everyone, but it's worked for me.

It sounds like you're coming to a similar way of thinking . . . wishing you much success!