Less Alcohol ~ DECEMBER 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    @SunnyDays930 I always wonder why some days the craving for alcohol is out in full force, other days it’s a “might be nice, but nah “ and yet other days we don’t even want it! Good for you getting through your cravings! Oh and enjoy the concert. Bring tissues and feel the feels!

@joans1976 good news it didn’t spread to lymph nodes! Woo hoo! Hmmm… 7 times bigger than they thought… can you get new boobs out of this at least🤪? Thinking of you as you continue your healing and the waiting game!

@RockinRobyn672 thanks for the snack suggestion! I’m going to check it out.

@lmlmrn do you have a date for the building closing? We are waiting with bated breath!!! No one could blame you for being a ball of stress.

@bover145 sorry you’ve got it all going on, but good for you for giving yourself grace. That’s so important. Plus, you were able to moderate which is huge! Not a lot of people can do that.

@mfowler883 you have GOT to show me a picture of your awesome new boots when they come in!!!!! On the food front, great job listening to your body instead of eating for the wrong reasons. Makes a huge difference!

AF again tonight. I definitely feel better and my weight is coming down. This past Monday was rough. Methinks I was hungover which made PMS symptoms way worse! I have to have to have to HAVE TO not have more than two drinks each day this weekend. It all falls apart for me when I do.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    December accountability: 6 days AF
    Alcohol: 8 days (17 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month.

12/14 - 2 wine; DH bought a few bottles of wine but not 6 to get the discount which is a positive sign

Everyone is recovering from COVID in the family which is wonderful because I was really concerned about the youngest one ... 5 months old. But she is fine. I think DH and I had it the lightest probably because we had Omicron in the spring earlier this year and we had the new booster in September. Everyone else that got it at the wedding in the family had never had COVID before and had not gotten the latest booster but did have boosters in the spring.

My sister though was not at the wedding but she is a teacher. She had Omicron in the spring too and had the booster in October; however she had the worse symptoms of all of us this round ... fever for days, really bad cough, fatigue, etc etc. More than likely because she is a stage 4 breast cancer survivor for the past dozen years and her lungs had been comprised. She had to take the entire week off.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    @ahoy_m8

Happy birthday month!

I think of you sometimes when my schedule wants me to be AF during the work week. You have been so good about that!
  • mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Holidays22 wrote: »
    Hello, I used to have a sobriety thread on here. (Sobriety Matters it was called). I posted something that I later regretted very much. I spoke about my personal experience with moderate drinking and it was very insensitive as it mirrored people's efforts on this thread and I realise I caused offence. I still deeply regret that, all I can say is that I was in a very dark place with my mental health. I just wanted to apologise again wholeheartedly. I did feel ashamed of what I posted. I miss posting on here and I am sorry to have let people down who had supported me on my sober journey. Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and I wish you all the best for 2023. I don't expect anyone wants to hear from me, but I just wanted to apologise again. I will get outa here now. Thanks for listening.

I don't know the whole story here. I think there's a bit of a difference in mindset and in what is appropriate when comparing sobriety with moderation. Each of us is on our own journey, we don't even always know what the destination is, sometimes we're just putting one foot in front of the other, going through the motions and trying to figure it out. Sometimes we say and do things that come off in unintended ways, sometimes we offend people, sometimes we let our demons drive us to say and do things that are not okay. It's not the end of the world, there is usually room to make amends in the aftermath.

-m