This is why I get frustrated and don't want to work out

124»

Replies

• STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    And thank you everyone. I guess I am still just trying to get used to seeing lower calorie burns as I work my way through T25. I saw much greater burns during Insanity, but they were also longer workouts. On my "rest" days, I sometimes need to get a run in to blow off steam. Today was one of those days.

And you guys are right. I should be happy because today I was able to keep a steady run the whole time. I used to never be able to run for 30mins. I would cop out around 15.

Just curious, what are you using to determine your calorie burn? And if you are using a program with an HRM, what program are you using?
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    I have a Polar FT4 and Polar FT40
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    you are a lot like me, I am expecting to burn at least 1000 calories a day! Try Zumba 60 minutes is 886 calories.

At 110lbs she is not going to burn anywhere near 800 calories an hour for Zumba.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Yep, different for everybody. An hour of zumba, for me, is 500 calories.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    If you're upset by those numbers, then maybe you *shouldn't* workout. I mean, you only really worked out for 30 minutes and you burned double the amt that I burn when I'm running for the same amt of time at about double the speed (and, I think that I weigh more than you). Someone mentioned that you are low weight. Keep in mind that the less you weigh, the less you burn. Try working out for longer. When I see big numbers burned on my timeline, it's usually accompanied by long durations, like an hr. I think that you did a great job, by the way,
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    i am doing t25 right now and i only burn 159 cals per session. I was shocked when i only had a little burn as so many others are getting HUGE burns. i knew i was never going to get a huge burn like them as i have less to lose but i thought it was going to be more still.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Yep, different for everybody. An hour of zumba, for me, is 500 calories.
    Me, too. And I go pretty hard at it.
  • charleyreedto175
    charleyreedto175 Posts: 60 Member
    I am not sure what you are fussing at. If you want to burn more then run/walk more or run faster. I make a big game of it when I am on the treadmill. I run for time. I walk for speed. I move my heart rate up down. I do Hills and above all I stay on for at least an hour. If you want to burn Cal. then you have to put in the work. You can check my logs. I burn between 700 to 1400 Cal per day walking, running, and riding. It is all up to you.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    I have a Polar FT4 and Polar FT40
    Well, with the FT40 you should be able to get a relatively accurate sense of what your burn rate is assuming you set it up correctly.

I use a Zephyr with the iCardio Digifit program. As I give the program more data to work with it has done the following:

It has greatly expanded my easy zone (Zone 1,90-146 bpm) and raised the heartrate for me to pass into the fat-burning zone (Zone 2,146-163 bpm).

It has raised and compressed my Aerobic zone (Zone 3, 163-170 bpm). My anaerobic zone has been increased and has a "typical" bandwidth (Zone 4, 170-181). My zone 5, maximum output range, extends from 181-192. Yes, you see that correctly, my top-end heart rate is 192.

My estimated VO2max has gone from about 36 (in April) to 60 (late August). I know you can get an estimated VO2max from the FT40 program.

As I have continued my training (my weight is pretty stable) and gone faster, my calorie burn per mile and per minute has decreased (because the heartrate, and therefore number of heartbeats per mile have also decreased even though I'm averaging a pace that is nearly 4 minutes per mile faster than when I first added running back into my program 5 months ago.

Thing is...as we get closer to our goals or get to maintanance, it can take a lot of effort to get just a little result (on the scale).