Lunch ideas needed

Options
One of my biggest problems is figuring out what to have for lunch. Breakfast and supper, I'm good. Lunch gets me all the time, usually due to time constraints or boredom. I need quick, yummy low calorie suggestions please!?

Replies

• avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    A few ideas. 1. Dinner leftovers. 2. A salad. Include something crunchy (nuts, cucumbers) and protein—I like the little cans of sardines or trout or salmon. Or cheese, potato, hard boiled egg.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Make some extra supper and then have it for lunch
  • stianledal21
    stianledal21 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you want to save time you can "food-prep" 2 times a week. Leftover for dinners is also a good way. If you need to eat low calorie, just add small amount of bread etc, then add 1 fruit and maybe nuts/vegetables. Put meat or something on the bread so you get more protein. Fruit/vegetables is key in every meal!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    The vast majority of the time, my lunch is leftover dinner from the night before or two nights before. My wife and I typically cook for at least 4 for the 2 of us for that purpose...kind of like a mini meal prep. In the event that we make something for dinner that isn't really "leftover worthy" I usually just have a sandwich.

Being winter right now, this is pretty easy since we make a lot of stews and casserole type dishes that always provide leftovers. In the warmer months when we're grilling a lot, we just make extra. The only thing I really won't do leftovers with is fish dishes unless it's a seafood stew or tuna casserole or something like that.
  • Mrsrobinsoncl
    Mrsrobinsoncl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I meal prep on Sundays, I make enough lunches for the week. Normally its something really easy. This week it was smoked pulled chicken I got premade at city market and uncle bens steamed rice bags. Once package of chicken and one package of rice will make 3-4 lunches. They're around 300 calories and 35g of protein (those are the only macros I track)
  • beanfacekilla
    beanfacekilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My recommendation:

Use low carb wraps, and fill them with baked chicken or turkey, whatever protein you like. Add a little cheese perhaps, weigh out maybe 7g in each wrap.

One of the wraps I eat is like 50 calories and then after they're done, around 250 calories total. Look in my diary if you want, it's open. The wraps might not be under the "lunch" category, but I eat them often, take a look if you want.

Combine that with cucumbers with yellow mustard on the side, celery, or perhaps baby carrots.

If you ate one wrap and a veggie on the side should come in about 300 calories. Add more veggies to fill you up if the wrap isn't enough.

• littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Soups, salads, leftovers.
    Stews and curries work well with a baked potato or a chunk of a flatbread.

Various combinations of raw veg sticks, hummous, tomatoes, and toast or oatcakes.
    Sandwiches or wraps.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    I often have leftovers too. The salads here with grains toasted in the air fryer make a brilliant lunch. The addition of the toasted grains makes any regular salad more filling. You can add protein too. Sliced leftover meat, some smoked fish, cheese, or a hardboiled egg are all good. If you need to dress the salad the night before avoid salad greens and use tomato, grated carrot, blanched brassicas such as broccoli or cauliflower, beets, radishes, cucumber or (raw or blanched) courgette in your vegetable base.
    https://tastecooking.com/best-thing-make-air-fryer-isnt-fried/