5️⃣%💪 The Power of 5%!5️⃣%

Options
Ceriusly1
Ceriusly1 Posts: 5,767 Member
edited December 2022 in Success Stories
rkwp16jwg7h7.png
2022 Fall Community Final Numbers

We are a Community with 8 individual teams. Our first challenge was on Spark People in the Spring of 2010. We are approaching 13 years together. Some of us have never left. We are very grateful to MFP for welcoming us for our first challenge here in Fall 2021.

The 8 teams are in a friendly competition as we "race our team planes" to fabulous destinations across the globe. Our goal is to lose 5% of our weight, personally, as individual teams, and as a Community.
The graphs below are pretty self-explanatory but feel free to ask questions.

Weigh-In = WINgs3avt6gkdkj.png

Members log their exercises to a thread on their respective teams. 120 Max minutes daily. Each minute counts as 1 air mile. Our destinations are 6,000 air miles.

Minute Milesilmnno6ok64t.png

Each week we have healthy lifestyle activities which help us form healthy habits. We call them "Living The Good Life". We have 2 LTGL activities each week. Point values can vary but usually, they are 10 points, all or nothing. You receive points if you do the activity and no points if you don't. One of the activities changes each week to something new to do.

LTGL 1pxiu5ewi3suu.png

LTGL 2c2hxqbxeme87.png

Everyone Is A WINner!

The teams accrue points for their placement in each of the categories each week. Points are earned from 8 to 1as you will notice in the screenshots above.

Final Pointshew2stfrjq7p.png

The teams are all great! Some are more competitive and some are more laid back.

Our rules are basic and simple.

1) Post, points to the Weekly Living the Good Life Challenges: AKA Healthy Habits
2) Post, exercise minutes at least weekly but daily is best for your team. (before 11:59 PM Friday in your TZ)
3) Post, Weekly Weigh-Ins. (before 11:59 Saturday in your TZ)
4) If you will be away please let us know so we can count you excused.

If you miss weigh-ins or fail to post 2 weeks consecutively you become inactive by default and give up your choice of your team in future challenges.

If you would like to read reviews by some of our members please see the post by @Dianedoessmiles1 🏆🏆👍👍🎯🎯 belong to the 5% Challenge here's what some of our members say TRUE SUCCESS!

To read our detailed FAQ follow this link
Ceri (Ceriusly1)
MerryChristmas
Overall Co-Leader, 2023 Winter 5% Challenge Community
Captain, 2023 Winter 5% Challenge ~ Tenacious GR8TERS

Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ Bloggers!!

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,477 Member
    Options
    Love this! TY TY Ceri!
  • Catwmncat
    Catwmncat Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Great Explanation. Maybe the link to join the challenge might may it easier for those wishing to join as some may not read the FAQ's and see the link.
  • Ceriusly1
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I found a calculation error on the WIN Spreadsheet. Here is the true WIN
    gdid03av0gjy.png

Final Corrected Points
    t2czymfeutaa.png

Thanks @Catwmncat

2023 Winter 5% Challenge link
    Ceri (Ceriusly1)
    MerryChristmas
    Overall Co-Leader, 2023 Winter 5% Challenge Community
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,336 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for posting this! What a great way to promote MFP 'Friends' helping MFP 'Friends'. While we are at it, lets not forget this little video that helps to explain the 5% Challenge:

https://youtu.be/71wfFuaRmvU

Enjoy!!

Heidi (hicim705), Captain
    2023 Winter 5% Challenge ~ 🌶️ 🔴🌡️RED HOTS🌡️🔴

Overall Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges (hosted on MFP)
    Co-Leader, Seasonal 5% Challenges ~ Bloggers!!
  • MegLovesHistory
    MegLovesHistory Posts: 23 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here! I think the challenge already started, but is it too late to join in? What do I have to do to get started? How do I join a team?
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,477 Member
    Options
    megguirt wrote: »
    Hi! I'm new here! I think the challenge already started, but is it too late to join in? What do I have to do to get started? How do I join a team?

HI WELCOME to the 5% Challenge!! Oh it's not to late!! We are forming most of the 8 teams on Monday. @Ceriusly1 will be putting you on one,,, it may possibly be a day or up to Saturday , but you are on the list to help us even them out. Being that you'll be helping a team that needs you they'll be excited to meet you and so are WE!
  • JustRamona
    JustRamona Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    thank you. Perhaps I never saw/read the FAQ links someone mention in this thread the first times --my bad..... but I see it here and plan to read more...this makes so much sense to me now!
  • egegriff5
    egegriff5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am ready and hope I made a team. If not, let me know what to do. SOOOOO looking forward to this!
  • Ceriusly1
    Options
    @egegriff5 please follow this link to request a team on the 5% challenge. You have joined the Community but everyone must request to be placed with a team.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878401/do-you-want-a-seat-on-a-plane-post-only-to-this-topic#latest
  • juliesouthardhi2634
    Options
    Not sure how to join a team. I'm new to MFP. Joined a week ago... need to lose 25 lbs. I'm down 2 lbs this week. How can I join?
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hi! How can I join? I went to the link but posting appears closed.

Thanks 😊
  • Ceriusly1
    Options
    @juliesouthardhi2634 @AmbersWay

The teams are closed for choosing, but still available for assigned seats. Please do come aboard!

Please follow this link to join the 5% Winter Community

Once there, go Here to request a seat on a team.

We're looking forward to meeting you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!