LESS Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2023 ~ One Day At A Time

Options

Replies

• KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    @KacyCarpe I have found some really nice non-alcoholic alternatives to water that still provide that social drinking fix when dining out. Sometimes I order a virgin Cape Cod, which is club soda with a splash of cranberry, requested in a highball glass. It basically tastes the same to me as the real thing. If you like beer, I have found that most restaurants now have better choices of non-alcoholic beer than O'Douls. Recently, I had a Guinness NA at an Irish pub and it was great, and a St. Paulie Girl 0.0 at a raw bar, which was also very good IMHO.

Thank you for the tip! The Cape Cod sounds intriguing. I will remember that for next time...
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @MissMay I despise her too. It’s not really fun working for a person you despise. I spent part of the day last Monday looking up ways I could get her license taken away. She is the owner of this practice and it’s not corporate so she answers to no one. Her husband is a big shot lawyer and they have a ton of money. So me trying to do something about her lack of ethics would likely end up breaking me mentally and financially. She is a narcissist, so she doesn’t care about the animals. It’s the animals I worry about at 3 am. Legally I cannot tell the clients to go elsewhere but I try to get them to read between the lines. It’s all frustrating and sad.

@globalhiker I love your plan! Tell me more about the stress gummies. L-theanine or…?

@RockinRobyn672 Finding good elder care is hard. It’s a low paying field and it’s a hard job (for the CNAs, I don’t know about the doctors) and elderly patients with dementia are a challenge. I’ve always thought it extremely unfair how the US health system (and some families) treat people when they get old. I am sorry you are going through this and dealing with your toe and not able to jump on your Peloton!

@lmlmrn What a great picture! You’ve got to pull that out when he’s older!