LESS Alcohol ~ JANUARY 2023 ~ One Day At A Time

Options
1282930313234»

Replies

• RockinRobyn672
    RockinRobyn672 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    @RockinRobyn672

I was looking forward to hearing about your weekend away : - )

@dawnbgethealthy Was this the weekend to NC to buy a car? That was a great weekend. We bought the car which was easy because all negotiations were done online beforehand. We arrived, did a test drive, liked and purchased it. No dealing with a seedy car salesman (LOL). We then drove to our hometown for an overnight stay and had dinner at a favorite haunt. And surprise! Our youngest son and girlfriend were in town and met us there for dinner (joy!). Our son was in town for a childhood friend's baby shower. Next day, we were able to hang out with my dear MIL for several hours before heading back.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy I followed your suggestion and danced with arms only to Dance Marshall yesterday. It made me happy. I also learned something. I think I can learn these dances if I just focus on one thing at a time, like the arms, then the feet, then add them both together. :tongue:

I like learning new dance moves. I find it takes my mind off of everything else when I have to concentrate lol. Active meditation?
    Once I have done a song 5 or 10 times and kind of know the routine I can just dance. I look in the mirror while doing so and see that I am smiling : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn, I live in SE BC Canada
    My ongoing goal remains, 16-20 AF days per month.
    Last month I had 18AF days

I do this diary style to keep track, and post the next morning

Sunday January 29 - AF - Always glad to hit my 16. Planned AF for Monday, planned drinks Tuesday after my Pedicure. Minus 26c here this morning, brr. It was 1c yesterday, not enjoying these extreme swings.
    Monday January 30 - AF - I realize that I had the wrong date for my pedicure. Not sure if I will stay AF or not tonight, the 31st.

Rolling total: 17AF days out of 29 days
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @RockinRobyn672 I actually did a lot of writing in high school and college (used to make extra cash writing papers for people 🤓) and was originally an English major. I started a blog on here when I started getting healthier last March but it was more for my own tracking. I stopped in the summer when work got really bad. It’s a good suggestion, thank you!
    I hope the toe recovery time goes quickly, good for you for staying active!

@lmlmrn Thats beautiful! Is that paint on canvas? I was big into painting rocks one summer and did mandalas on them but they were nothing like yours! Beautiful!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,605 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’m backsliding a tad/ had half a glass of wine after a stressful day at work yesterday Tonight I’m going to dinner with my husband, and will have a nice glass of wine with dinner. 11 AF days for January, so altogether not bad. Had 2 days when I shouldn’t have had that extra wine, but overall I’m happy with progress. Plus the weight is coming down!

See you all in February.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Jan 1- AF
    Jan 2 - AF
    Jan 3 - AF
    Jan 4 - AF
    Jan 5 - 6- 7- A
    Jan 8 - AF
    Jan 9 - AF
    Jan 10 - AF
    Jan 11 - AF
    Jan 12- 13- 14 - A
    Jan 15 - AF
    Jan 16 - AF
    Jan 17 - AF
    Jan 18 - AF
    Jan 19 -20- 21 -A
    Jan 22 -AF
    Jan 23 - AF
    Jan 24 - AF
    Jan 25-26-27-28 A
    Jan 29 - AF
    Jan 30 - AF
    Jan 31 AF
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Summary this month. Did not make my initial goal but happy that I made the 13 days AF! I think next month my focus will be fully on limiting 2 glasses per day and not allow myself to slip and drink 3 or 4 in an evening.

January accountability: 13 days AF
    Alcohol: 18 days (42 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 2 glasses per day; 20-25 AF days this month. I usually target 12-16 AF days each month which is usually a challenge … hitting 20 days since DH backed out of his dry January commitment is definitely influencing me to join him on weekdays I had not planned when setting the goal. Going for it anyway!

1/1 - 4 drinks ; 3 wine + 1 bourbon & Diet Coke (my sister was over for dinner and movie)
    1/2 - AF, DH too

1/3 - AF
    1/4 - 2 wine; Opened a nice bottle of expensive red wine for dinner
    1/5 - AF - Clausthaler Non-Alcoholic Grapefruit Beer while DH had the last glass of last night’s wine and a bourbon & coke
    1/6 - 3 wine ; sister came over, DD & her family moved back in since their sewage line is still under repair and they wanted to give his family a break for the weekend. Wine was flowing during our weekly steak dinner.
    1/7 - AF, DH too
    1/8 - 2 wine

1/9 - 2 wine
    1/10 - AF
    1/11 - AF
    1/12 - 3 drinks ; 2 wine + 1 bourbon & coke - Dining out with friends we’ve not seen in 30 years.
    1/13 - 4 wine ; opened 2 bottles … totally my fault
    1/14 - 2 wine
    1/15 - 2 wine; last bottle in the house which was a gift from a neighbor that visited wineries in California during the holidays

1/16 - AF @ 📚
    1/17 - AF; DH had bourbon & coke but I passed
    1/18 - AF @ 📚
    1/19 - 2.5 wine; Dining out with DH & friends
    1/20 - 3 bourbon & Diet Coke … just because it was Friday
    1/21 - 3 wine ; dinner at my sister’s
    1/22 - AF; I had a Betty Buzz Meyer Lemon Club Soda. DH had bourbon & coke but I passed

1/23 - 3 drinks ; 2 wine + 1 bourbon & Diet Coke … miserable the next morning
    1/24 - 2 wine; Did not join DH in bourbon & coke before dinner. Did not cook drinking wine. Waited until we sat down for our steak night dinner to indulge in the nice red wine.
    1/25 - 2 wine
    1/26 - 1 Torchy’s Tini
    1/27 - AF 1 Clausthaler non-alcoholic beer
    1/28 - AF, DH too
    1/29 - 1 bourbon & Diet Coke; steak night and my sister joined us but we told her no wine and instead drank something we all have a little more control over.

1/30 - 1 bourbon & Diet Coke, DH too
    1/31 - AF; I had a Betty Buzz Ginger Beer non-alcoholic. DH had bourbon & coke but I passed
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    @joans1976 ... and by writing I was thinking "book" or "magazine/news articles"! :smiley:
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy Wow! How cold it is where you are! I should be happier with the rainy, dreary, low 50s F (10s C) in Virginia.
  • RockinRobyn672
    Options
    1/31: AF as of 8:15 p.m. :tongue: Where did January go?!? I'm posting tonight since this is the last day of the month AND I had a Gruvi NA IPA with dinner. My plan is no food or drink after dinner so pretty sure I'm done for the day. Counting today I made it 18 AF days this month which is my PR for AF days.

Thanks, everyone, for being such a fun group, and for your tips, inspiration and support, and to @MissMay for starting the new thread. See you tomorrow in the February thread.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    @joans1976 You are an amazing and inspiring woman!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @SunnyDays930 You are too! Its amazing what our bodies and minds can do, especially with support!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    Welcome @Kath8225 !!

@Stockholm_Andy great job, glad you got to enjoy a nice night out. I’m sure you’ll be able to keep up the string of AF nights into February.

@joans1976 hugs to you, so sorry you’re having a tough week. Great job resisting the alcohol though, it really is the last thing you need. I’m intrigued by your new art therapy. (Free supplies! Sweet!). Does it work if one can only draw stick figures? (Aka, me!) All the feeling that we push down will come up, will probably be extra challenging to stay AF, but we got your back, girl!

@dawnbgethealthy love the pictures! Very Currier and Ives!

@ahoy_m8 an engagement saddle? You mean, like, for a horse???

Yes! They were ranchers and it was a fine saddle, her favorite over her lifetime. A little tip you can share since I know you have sons: engagement rings are much easier to pass down to future generations.