Changes Needed NOW!

Hi! I’m a 63 y.o. male, who is a very busy professional (and business owner). I’m currently at my highest weight (270 lbs.) with increasing health issues. I have to change this NOW! I need my weight to be 190 lbs. ASAP!

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Oh--calm down. Weight loss is a process that takes some time and thought. Yes, start now. Get your daily calorie goal, a digital food scale, and start weighing and measuring all food and drink. Losing too fast can aggravate some health issues, especially as we age. Stay within that daily goal everyday.

You can be very busy, you can be very important, but taking care of yourself and putting your health first needs to be your goal. There's no magic here--just day by day eating in a deficit and making that a habit. Exercising (if you can fit it in) is good for your health and it doesn't have to be fancy. Walking is just fine to start. I hope you reach your goals. Luck.
  • Curt0959
    Curt0959 Posts: 14 Member
    Thank You
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,631 Member
    You can do it, be consistent and you will get there but Rome wasn't built in a day, slow and steady.
  • Curt0959
    Curt0959 Posts: 14 Member
    Well I’m back but now I’m 64 y.o.! Whereas I lost 40 lbs. in 2023, I fell very short for obtaining my goal weight. I now have 40 jobs more to lose in 2024 and recognize this will be the biggest challenge in my weight loss journey (next to learning how to keep it off)!

I’m interested in supporting anyone who would care to join me at this point in my weight loss journey!
  • lhdez99
    lhdez99 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, you have done a great job 2023, I understand you are a busy person, a tip my doctor gave me, after you have your meals try to taking a walk.
    Not a long one 15 to 20 min. If you are able to slip your exercises time, early morning, evening you gave to all at once, the thing is to keep moving. I try it lost 3 in a week, and I eat healthy. So keep up the great work you are doing 👏 you will reach your goals. I hope to hear your progress stay positive!!!