…and This is Why People Have Unrealistic Weight Loss Expectations

Options
springlering62
springlering62 Posts: 7,463 Member
edited December 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
q1quzc80nmkt.jpeg

I see so many people here with totally unrealistic expectations, but, my heavens, when you’ve got newsfeeds, magazines, and social media throwing garbage like this out, is it any wonder?

Share your worst ridiculous weight loss screenshot, story or “tip”.

Replies

• mfowler883
    mfowler883 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Facebook sent a lovely one my way. A guy in a video saying that cardio doesn't work for weight loss because it burns carbs, which are then replenished by eating, and then turned to fat.
    As if that wasn't bad enough, the solution he offered was possibly worse: 'take my quiz to find out which of these three body types you are, to find out what to do to lose weight'
    🙄

Sounds like V-Shred? I get that one on YT from time to time...

-m
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    q1quzc80nmkt.jpeg

I see so many people here with totally unrealistic expectations, but, my heavens, when you’ve got newsfeeds, magazines, and social media throwing garbage like this out, is it any wonder?

What actually is that? Sugar?
  • springlering62
    Options
    q1quzc80nmkt.jpeg

The twelve pound version has light brown sugar. The five pound version of the ad looks to have cinnamon.

The ones that absolutely gross me out are the ads with the boiled banana slices. 🤢
  • springlering62
    Options
    I’m noticing the k’chava ads are also getting pretty desperate for attention. Several shirtless older grey headed body competition type man-wonders mixing their k’chava up or posing in front of a surfboard. I’ve spent zero time curious about the product because I’m so wrapped up in “are they photoshopped?”
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    q1quzc80nmkt.jpeg

The twelve pound version has light brown sugar. The five pound version of the ad looks to have cinnamon.

The ones that absolutely gross me out are the ads with the boiled banana slices. 🤢
    🤮
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    q1quzc80nmkt.jpeg

Sugar. Huh. So what's with the "Keto" in gray below the text? :confused:
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    q1quzc80nmkt.jpeg

If you do a Google image search this screen shot is from a "Brown Sugar Substitute Recipe (sugar-free, low carb)".

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Facebook sent a lovely one my way. A guy in a video saying that cardio doesn't work for weight loss because it burns carbs, which are then replenished by eating, and then turned to fat.
    As if that wasn't bad enough, the solution he offered was possibly worse: 'take my quiz to find out which of these three body types you are, to find out what to do to lose weight'
    🙄
    Vshred. One of the most fake "gurus" out there. He tends to try to mimic guys like AthleanX who is a duly noted trainer.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • bobsburgersfan
    bobsburgersfan Posts: 6,315 Member
    Options
    LifeChangz wrote: »
    paint your kitchen blue.

:D

😂😂😂😂 I have never heard this one!
  • springlering62
    edited December 2022
    Options
    paint your kitchen blue.

😂😂😂😂 I have never heard this one!

Maybe it’s like “haint blue” porch ceilings in the South. Scares the ghosts of bad calories away.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    paint your kitchen blue.

My kitchen IS blue. :D Blue is supposed to be a calming colour and I wanted all the help I could get since I'm not a morning person and I'm hanging out in the kitchen.
  • springlering62
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    q1quzc80nmkt.jpeg

It’s the URL link to get info on this wonder plan. Don’t ask. I don’t know either and I’m sure not clicking.