Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 210

Options

Replies

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,803 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady Congrats on your victory! Question; How do you calculate your trend weight? Is that something you're pulling from MFP?

@RockingRobyn672 I use trendweight.com It links right up to my fitbit and likely other apps too. Very simple to use.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,803 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @SheilaBoneham Your tip about the after dinner bouillon is a great idea. I will try that next time. I also am trying to make sure I get in enough protein and fiber (35g protein/5g fiber each meal) plus a snack early in the day so that I'm not starving later in the day. I have noticed that on the nights that I'm extra hungry is all about not getting in enough protein/fiber earlier in the day.

@SheliaBoneham and @RockinRobyn672 I like the idea of the low sodium broth. I wonder how hard it would be (for protein) to make egg drop soup? Has anyone tried? I don't have a Chinese restaurant anywhere within 100 miles from me. I would love to know!
  • CamandJarvis
    CamandJarvis Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    @SheilaBoneham Your tip about the after dinner bouillon is a great idea. I will try that next time. I also am trying to make sure I get in enough protein and fiber (35g protein/5g fiber each meal) plus a snack early in the day so that I'm not starving later in the day. I have noticed that on the nights that I'm extra hungry is all about not getting in enough protein/fiber earlier in the day.

@SheliaBoneham and @RockinRobyn672 I like the idea of the low sodium broth. I wonder how hard it would be (for protein) to make egg drop soup? Has anyone tried? I don't have a Chinese restaurant anywhere within 100 miles from me. I would love to know!

My friend has! She takes some of the seasonings (I think she adds ginger and something else) and makes almost a roux out of it. Then adds the broth with a little sesame oil. Separates the whites from the yolks. Whisks yolks, then adds to the hot broth before. Then immediately after (assuming broth is not a rolling boil and it's calm), slowly and gently spoons in the egg whites into it. Cooks until whites are cooked through and everything warm.

I would think the key for your goal would be to get the low-sodium broth hot enough to cook the eggs. And be sure to separate them and add them in as above to get the right consistency/egg drop soup feeling.
    May not taste quiiiite the same without the extra stuff, but those do add calories. From there, you can adjust the seasonings and add-ins based on calorie needs and personal tastes.
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,815 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 it’s nice to see you back.

@tiabirdie56 I’m sorry the last year has been such a tough one. 🙏🙏