January 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,125 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Nice shoes. I'm glad they felt good. Great running too. It's funny what you said about the temps and what we wear. Had the wind been blowing, I would have needed more. Also, on the stroll I took with mom a little earlier, I had on sweats and a sweat shirt and was a little chilly at times, especially my hands. Why I decided shorts would do for the run is beyond me, but it turned out to be the right call. :lol:

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins @Scott6255 @shanaber - thanks for the tips guys! 😊
    Think I might go for a fourth gel.
    I tried jelly babies - don't like chewing while running and then they get stuck in your teeth. Might try a small sucky sweet on this weekends run.

@quilteryoyo - haha, no worries. Not really a geography thing at all. A district within London. Like, I dunno? Same as Flushing is to Queen's to NYC. (Trying to think of an American example there!)

Where are you from again?
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Actually on that note...

Where's everyone from again?

Ok let's see if I got this right based on Strava maps and last 6M worth of messages on threads...

@SummerSkier @Scott6255 @kgirlhart @martaindale - Quadruple Texan? (Sounds like a drive thru Burger, that! 😊)
    @shanaber - California?
    @AlphaHowls - TN?
    @eleanorhawkins - Brit in Spain?
    @polskagirl01 - American in Poland? (Obviously)
    @Laurz9191 - American in Germany?

@quilteryoyo - ??
    @Teresa502 - ??

Think that's all the regulars...
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,940 Member
    Options

@tarun_yadavA
    AlphaHowls - TN
    quilteryoyo - TN

@Teresa502 - WVa, Va?
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    @tarun_yadavA
    AlphaHowls - TN
    quilteryoyo - TN

@Teresa502 - WVa, Va?

Virginia girl here. But I work in Tennessee. I'm in the southwest part of the state that is close to TN, WV, KY and NC.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Great running @Laurz9191 and @Teresa502
  • spl8
    spl8 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

@Laurz9191, you're 50km over your goal of 200km, and I'm straining just to get to 50km! Wow! Something to strive for, I guess. I hope I can get over 100km in a single month before the end of this year.

Thanks, everyone, for your tips for combatting boredom on the treadmill. I just have to get over the hamster wheel dread on inclement weather days.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,147 Member
    Options
    Here’s February. Now to go figure out what I’m doing next month!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @martaindale Awesome that your husband went running with you today! I hope it sticks. Thanks for setting up February.